Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Progeny?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This episode is ok dont really rememeber it.Liked how they introduced chloes mom,liked the plot and how they continued with the chloe storyline

Comment

• I really didn't care much for this episode and gave it a 5. I really hate episodes that seemingly move events forward, then take them back before the episode ends. I didn't like how they reversed Chloe's original story about her mother. (i.e. Chloe woke up one day and found her mother gone.) The whole Mama is a meteor freak storyline was just weird; I also thought Linda Carter was miscast. I can understand wanting to do a Chloe-centric episode--heck, I love Chloe!--but I think they could have come up with a much, MUCH better idea.

Comment

• This episode gave a lot of insight into Chloe... Probably more than the writers had planned. They open with a flashback to 1995. An eight year old Chloe is showing her mom an article, that she wrote for her elementary school newspaper and her mother tells her, that she's proud of her. Afterwards, she's taken away to an asylum.

Now, in the early seasons, we were told that Chloe's mom had abandoned her. In season four, Chloe learns that she's in an asylum and said to be suffering from a genetic condition. Here we're told that she's meteor infected. I can kinda connect the dots into one story. Moira is meteor infected, but as that wasn't a conditioned recognized in 1995, she ends up being misdiagnosed with a mental illness. One that happens to be genetic. Now, in a misguided attempt to shield his daughter (both from the stigma of having a mom in the looney bin and living with constant fear, that she would inherit her mother's illness), Gabe Sullivan allowed the young Chloe to think that Moira had abandoned her... Which explains what happened to him, after season 4. She's probably angry at him, for lying about her mom (making her think that she had been abandoned) and he's probably angry at her, for the whole thing in S3 (getting him fired, blacklisted and then almost killed). Hence why he isn't at her wedding in S8.

Chloe has had a lifelong interest in journalism, that pretty much faded in S7 (Grant Gabriel noted in "Kara" that she seemed to have lost her passion for journalism). What happened, not long before S7? This episode. In the flashback, she's eager to show her article to her mom and it makes her proud of Chloe (they don't go into what Moira did for a living. Maybe she was a reporter, who either worked or had the ambition to work for the Daily Planet). Perhaps Chloe's passion for journalism was based in this and her thinking that her mother abandoned her. In "Lineage", she declares that Moira isn't interested in her. The young Chloe could've convinced herself that if she became a reporter (and worked for the Daily Planet), then her mom would find her interesting and come back to her. Even after learning the truth, she continued as a means that make her mom proud. At the end of this episode, she is told that her mom is proud of her. So, she no longer has a need for her mother's approval. She's got it.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 04-04-2018, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎