Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.18 - Hollywood Babylon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got to watch this episode and I really enjoyed it. I am working on my master's degree at night and have an online class that had to meet once this semester and they chose last night of all the nights available for use to meet. I was so mad.
    Obviously our professor is not a big Supernatural fan or he would have known better.

Anyway, like alot of you guys, I loved the Bruce Willis line from Die Hard. Jensen said that so perfectly!

I died laughing when, by way of explaining how demons could hear the chanting, they added the line "they must have super hearing". Don't know why exactly, but that line really got me.

I also thought the camera phone thing was really cool!

Finally, Dean as a PA was great. He was really getting into it! Poor Sam didn't seem to know what to do. After all the angst this season, it was really nice to see the boys really enjoy themselves on a hunt.

This episode reminded me alot of a season 1 episode just in the overall tone. It was just an all around funny episode with a little salt and burn thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Nothing big, but this might have been the 1st SPN episode that we neither saw, heard, or had the Impala get referenced to at any time during the episode.

Just a little nugget I thought about tonight at work... for some odd reason.

Comment

hehehe not the tiniest bit scary but absolutely hilarious!! I love it! Dean as a PA ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
          Nothing big, but this might have been the 1st SPN episode that we neither saw, heard, or had the Impala get referenced to at any time during the episode.

Just a little nugget I thought about tonight at work... for some odd reason.
          we didn't, the impala wasn't in this epi.

Comment

ya i wish the impala was in this episode. i think thgis was the first episode without it. even in the episodes where it was getting fixed dean still visited with it.

Comment

maybe it was getting a checkup.

Comment

Did anyone happen to recognize the dude that got pulled into the big fan and chopped up? That was Don Stark (aka Donna's dad, Bob, from "That 70's Show"). At first I didn't recognize him without the afro.

Comment

It was an ok episode and everything, but is anyone else sick of these "gimmick episodes"

We had the one with that guy who could bring aliens and crap to life which was essentially one big joke, then we had the sixth sence rip off, then the poorly developed and written emo-fest that was "heart", and now a haunted movie set (essentially another joke episode). The show also included way too much of incantations and spells and stuff, something that the writers used to pride themselves on avoiding.

These episodes were ok, but im ready for just another regular episode. Guys in a small town getting to know the locals and hunting a local legend.

Comment

Originally posted by j_sundude
                    Did anyone happen to recognize the dude that got pulled into the big fan and chopped up? That was Don Stark (aka Donna's dad, Bob, from "That 70's Show"). At first I didn't recognize him without the afro.

i recognized him in no time :]

Comment

Sorry, Kal-El Son of Krypton, but I like all the variety the show has. I think if the guys just did the same things over and over again, it would get real boring real fast. Mixing it up keeps things interesting. And it really pleases me that the show-runners are so obviously willing to try to keep things mixed up. Too many shows are willing to keep doing the same-old-same-old, mostly because it's easier. Variety takes more effort, and I appreciate it.

And I loved "Heart" by the way. Just the right mix of humor and angst.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                        Walter was a killer. I think some fans have trouble viewing Walter as a killer because his weapons were ghosts rather than a knife or a gun. But that's what he was. A killer without remorse who seemed like he had no intention of stopping. (He even broke the amulet so no one would be able to use it to stop the ghosts from killing Sam, Dean and the writer, not realizing that, if you enslave a supernatural creature, they will turn on you the minute you lose control.) I have no sympathy for Walter.

And none of them had actually killed anyone like Walter had. The fact that Walter was hurting innocent people (over a movie, no less) made Dean even less likely to care about saving him.

Oh, and the ghosts tearing Walter apart with their bare, ghostly hands? The horror fan in me loved it.
                        IMO.

Out of every person in the series... Walter was one of the most 3D. And I think there's a really clear reason why.

The people who write the scripts, who create the show, produce it, work on it- they all could have fallen into Walter's shoes easily. What happened to him was terrible. (I'm not saying to kill over...) I mean...

look at all the famous writers in the past who became alcoholics, depressed or commited suicide.

Lots of people fear that something there words won't be heard, but Walter... he had his completely changed.

And the staff could understand that fear, if there had been someone on the set there who said: "Geez!!!! SPN SUCKS! We're not putting this on television!" we wouldn't be talking here now.

Anyway, the death was very gore-gore-gore. I don't think they could have stopped the ghosts anyway.

Comment

well this episode was pretty much a spoof of the creator of the shows movies and stuff. i think with the spells and all of that stuff in this episode was ment to have the viewers have that reaction. like sam said "maybe they are doing it cause the movie sucks" or however he said it. i enjoy these lighter episodes because they make the darker episodes look more evil and scary. i do kind of agree on the heart episode mainly because of the lame looking werewolves. but i guess the episodes cant really please us all since we all enjoy different types and versions of horror.

Comment

Originally posted by j_sundude
                            That was him???!?!? wow, I had no clue.

Comment

and that dude who got hung he was the dad in the brady bunch movies and he does the voice of the dad in kim possible. and i have seen him in other stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                                and that dude who got hung he was the dad in the brady bunch movies and he does the voice of the dad in kim possible. and i have seen him in other stuff too.
                                Gary Cole is pretty well-known. He's one of those guys a lot of people know, and has a lot of fans for his different works, but it's hard to point to just one thing he was known for.

He also starred in Midnight Caller, an old show that has some cult status. He was the evil sheriff in American Gothic. (Another show with cult status.) And he was the captain on the Babylon 5 spin-off Crusade. (Which is why I wonder if the ep being called "Hollywood Babylon" was a bit of an homage to the guest star.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎