No announcement yet.

It's a Mystery

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Mystery

It's a mystery the way we fell in love. She says we were always in love but we just couldn't admit to it. I say I fell for her when she walked into my mansion, and asked me to find her sister. She had never been so vulnerable before. She tried to keep her emotions calm, but tears eventually claimed her eyes. I think that was when I fell for her. Of course it wouldn't dawn on me until two years passed and I had married and divorced Lana Lang.

Or maybe I fell in love with her, really deep in love, when I saw her at the art opening in Gotham. She was there with Bruce and I was there with some debutante I had recently met. Lois looked so beautiful that night. Her smokey eyes and dark green velvet gown made her look even more mesmerizing. I was able to corner her while Bruce was chatting with some colleagues. I asked her what she was doing with Bruce, of all people. She said he was handsome and interesting. I told her a man that you really want has three important qualities, the third being the most important. She whispered in my ear,"Baldness" and smiled at me softly. I hate to admit it but I blushed. She made me feel like a school boy which made me see how hard I had fallen for her.

Oh, but what am I saying. The day I realized I loved Lois, I mean couldn't live or breathe one minute without her, was more understated than all of those other times. Yes, I remember now. She was sitting on the sofa and I was sitting next to her. We were both reading the newspaper. It was a comfortable silence. It was so warm and safe. Suddenly, she laid her feet on my lap to get more comfortable. From there I watched her out of the corner of my eye as I tried to read my paper. She eventually fell asleep. That's when I fell.

But then, maybe she's right. I loved her all along. It's a mystery. One that I love to look back on.

"The heart has reasons that reason cannot know"- Pascal

Re: It's a Mystery

"The heart has reasons that reason cannot know"- Pascal

Always I have loved this phrase!!

The fic is Incredibly adorable!!
    Last edited by Tita*CLois; 04-14-2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

great story

i would love to se a triangle between lois lex and clark

where lois end with lex i know is weird but its a change

Comment

Bueno

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢