No announcement yet.

2 episodes of smallville copied from birds of prey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 episodes of smallville copied from birds of prey

1a.forgot the name to this but this is an episode from birds of prey when the meta human in birds of prey gets a head ache when his near people that have powers

1b.and in freak episodes from smallville the guy eyes glows when his near people who has abilities

2a. in birds of prey when the kid keeps aging he knows how to fight

2b. in smallville well the ageless episode
    Last edited by 03 kal-el; 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM.

actually there are several more as well

--- both smallville and BoP had a "fight club" episode

--- both series had high school reunion themed episodes

Comment

As do many others of shows. Sadly, there's no such thing as a truly original idea in TV writing these days. Well, not very often.

Comment

Well to be fair even Classics like Romeo and Juliet are just copies from stories like Tristan and Isolde, so 'remakes' have been around for hundreds (nay... thousands) of years.

Comment

And of course Birds of Prey itself ripped off a ton from other stuff --- Dark Angel in particular immediately came to mind as I watched the pilot. (just picked up the dvd set today)

Comment

They say 'Romeo and Juliet' is the most repeated storyline of all time. For those who haven't read it, they only know the story of 'two star-crossed lovers' from different families who can't be together. That piece of that plot's been used a lot, but for those who have read it, there are multiple storylines still used from that book. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad thing, Shakespeare was just that amazing.

As far as Birds of Prey and Smallville, I watch Smallville addictively but have never seen Birds of Prey. When I heard of it, I was always interested. I'll end up watching it at some point...

Comment

I doubt BoP was a ripoff of Dark Angel, seeing as how BoP was a comic.

Comment

I was going to say that two A Dawg. I can see how Angel of Vengeance from Smallville could have been taken from BoP's version of Huntress though. Also, the same actor who played in an episode of Smallville where he was an invisible hit man, played one of Helena's class mates in the above episode titled "Reunion" where the killer happened to be invisible. How funny is that! The question as to which episodes came first can only be answered by the air dates though. I'm not sure of the time line of the shows. Smallville started in 2001, and BoP started in 2002, so anything that was from season one of Smallville likely got copied by BoP, and anything that fell after season one of Smallville likely got copied from BoP. I love Smallville, but they have taken several things from Lois and Clark as well. It happens.

Comment

It kind of reminds me of the episode of South Park "The Simpsons already did it." It kind of reminds us that no matter what plot line you can think of, another show has already done it at some point.

Comment

soo true Zack!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎