Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a scale from 1-10, how hot is Erica Durance's Lois Lane?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is a 10!!!!

Comment

• A qualified 10

I'm not sure "hot" is the word I would have used, but it's in the right ballpark, so I'll go with it.

But I have to qualify my answer a bit. First, I'm not rating Erica Durance. I'm rating Durance's Lois Lane. Second, since the question was about Erica' Durance's Lois Lane, I'm distinguishing between the script and the performance.

In my opinion, the writers generally did a very good job creating and developing the character. Clark's love-hate relationship with her through Seasons 4-7 was achieved the old-fashioned way: Lois earned it. And then a combination of her relationship with both Clark and the Blur transformed her into the mature Lois of Season 10. I give credit to the writers for creating and developing a version of Lois that was consistent with the tradition but at the same time a bold and refeshing break from that tradition. I heard Durance say in tears in an interview something along the line of how blessed she was to be a part of Lois's life. I empathized with that sentiment because I think Smallville's Lois Lane is one of the best characters and personalities ever developed in dramatic television. I also think it is the best version of Lois Lane in any kind of media, from comic book to major motion picture. Most Emmy and Academy awards for best acting performances belong mostly to the writers. Give the writers a lot of credit for Durance's Lois.

But the writers can only do so much. Durance was Smallville's Lois Lane. She owned the part. But the question was "how hot," so I'd better get back to that subject. She was very attractive in Seasons 4-7. But when she started falling in love, she became a heart-throbbing combination of adorably vulnerable and breathtakingly beautiful. The sparkle of her eyes and radiance of her smile are heart stoppers for me. And once again, I'm talking about Lois Lane, not Erica Durance. To me there's a difference. So I give Erica Durance's Lois Lane a resounding 10.

Hope I didn't bore anyone. I was even wordier on the subject in other threads.
      Last edited by Fungo22; 05-08-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: deletion of an errant apostrophe

Comment

• Just checking in to give Fungo22 an ITA. Well said and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Fungo22
            I'm not sure "hot" is the word I would have used, but it's in the right ballpark, so I'll go with it.

But I have to qualify my answer a bit. First, I'm not rating Erica Durance. I'm rating Durance's Lois Lane. Second, since the question was about Erica' Durance's Lois Lane, I'm distinguishing between the script and the performance.

In my opinion, the writers generally did a very good job creating and developing the character. Clark's love-hate relationship with her through Seasons 4-7 was achieved the old-fashioned way: Lois earned it. And then a combination of her relationship with both Clark and the Blur transformed her into the mature Lois of Season 10. I give credit to the writers for creating and developing a version of Lois that was consistent with the tradition but at the same time a bold and refeshing break from that tradition. I heard Durance say in tears in an interview something along the line of how blessed she was to be a part of Lois's life. I empathized with that sentiment because I think Smallville's Lois Lane is one of the best characters and personalities ever developed in dramatic television. I also think it is the best version of Lois Lane in any kind of media, from comic book to major motion picture. Most Emmy and Academy awards for best acting performances belong mostly to the writers. Give the writers a lot of credit for Durance's Lois.

But the writers can only do so much. Durance was Smallville's Lois Lane. She owned the part. But the question was "how hot," so I'd better get back to that subject. She was very attractive in Seasons 4-7. But when she started falling in love, she became a heart-throbbing combination of adorably vulnerable and breathtakingly beautiful. The sparkle of her eyes and radiance of her smile are heart stoppers for me. And once again, I'm talking about Lois Lane, not Erica Durance. To me there's a difference. So I give Erica Durance's Lois Lane a resounding 10.

Hope I didn't bore anyone. I was even wordier on the subject in other threads.
            No bore, just agreement

Comment

Comment

• I agree with most of the people in this thread. The actress by herself was Okay in that attractive girl way. But Lois Lane, the way she pulled it off.... all the personality and mannerisms, made her hot as hell.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎