No announcement yet.

Lana apologizing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lana apologizing?

Even if I didn't know that Lex was involved with the doctor in shady business concerning the baby, the whole Lana apologizing to Lex for losing the baby was unnecessary. Yeah, I know people get on Lana's case for not admiting she was wrong and all that but in this case it was in no way her fault for losing the baby/miscarriage (if that actually occurred) and I don't think any woman should apologize for that IMO. It made me hate Lex more in the stooping so low so Lana can be by his side.
    Last edited by p.he.nix; 03-25-2007, 03:41 PM.

But apologizing after miscarriage is typical woman reaction. They feel like it's their mistake. So in this case Lana was only acting like any normal woman. Sad but true.

Comment

i think that her apologizing showed how lex was tottaly heartless. he knows that its his fault and hes making her think that its dead and he can sit there and watch her cry and say that she is sorry for the baby dying while lex just deosnt care what kind of phsycological pane hes putting her through. i think that it shows how evil lex realy became

Comment

I thought his little plan (as sad as it was), came back to hit him. He did actually look sad for Lana afterwards.

Comment

I think it was pretty normal for her to feel that way. I thought the scenes showed that Lex is breaking Lana. I think that the baby was the last thing to cling to in her life, and that now she is probably more alone and hopeless than she has ever been. I am definitely getting the feeling that Lana is going to earn her title as a Luther. I think she's going to turn out to be a survivor, and that she's going to learn to swim with the sharks pretty well. To be honest, that's the only way I can think of for TPTB to keep her involved in the series. I think she's going to stay married to Lex, at least through the beginning of S7. I could be wrong, but I am just getting that feeling.

Comment

I have to assume that none of the writers or their significant others have ever gone through something like this, or they would not be pulling this crap for ratings.
            Miscarriages are a serious thing, very emotional and trying for all involved, to see something like that used for cheap ratings disgusts me.

Comment

^^I agree with that regarding this entire pregnancy storyline...it's a pretty sensitive topic and I am not sure what the outcome is going to be. I can only assume they are trying to show that nothing is sacred with Lex.

Comment

I think the whole plotline is unbelievable due to the fact that in Lexmas, both kids were normal and it was the second pregnancy that was the problem, not the first. Also, the fact that Lana couldn't give a damn about what's in her belly or Lex when thinking of running off with Clark and not showing throughout the entire arc just makes people feel manipulated. It's like Why the hell she crying when she didn't want the baby or the father?

Comment

I agree with you, mobiusklein, that Lana's hysterical scene over the loss of the baby was not supported by her previous behavior . Sometimes with this show I have to make up my own explanation for things...and in this case I just made up a little scene where Lana tells herself that even though she's in this horrible situation, she is going to just focus on being a good mother, that at least one good thing has come out of all this and even though she was unhappy about the pregnancy to begin with, now she is going to focus on it and try to make the best of her new life. Then Lana's pain over the loss of the baby made sense to me.

Comment

I agree.This baby was an accident & Lana doesn't love Lex.She's a good cryer but,come on with her previous actions toward the baby,it wasn't beleivable.The vilain of this show is back

Comment

The problem is that it feels like they want the viewers to feel sorry for her using cheap tactics instead of showing her eagerly shopping for baby clothes and what not for several episodes prior to that. I'm sorry but I refuse to wank anymore when it's the writers' job to show her "love" for the baby.

I suppose they didn't because they didn't want to anger Lana fans who didn't want her to be shown caring about anything to do with Lex but I think overall it just hurts the storyline for her not to be shown giving a damn prior to the supposed miscarraige thus making her crying feel fake and melodramatic and makes it feel that she's crying more about self-pity and that yes, it reminds her of people abandoning her.

I'll go even further and say Promise ruined a lot of people's ability to give a damn whether or not she cries about the miscarriage when it's drilled over and over again she didn't CARE about anything except skipping off with Clark.
                      Last edited by mobiusklein; 03-26-2007, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                        I agree.This baby was an accident & Lana doesn't love Lex.She's a good cryer but,come on with her previous actions toward the baby,it wasn't beleivable.
                        I think prior episodes spent more than enough time showing that Lana did care for her "baby"....the way she looked at her ultrasound in "Promise" was full of affection...her smile reflected that of love and amazement...very tender. She also demonstrated concern when she fell in "Tresspass" the minute she woke up her biggest concern was that of her "baby"....she even was very hesitant to take any sedative in fear that it will cause the "baby" harm....

Anyway, I agree that Lana shouldn't have to apologize (blame herself) for the loss of the child....I also agree with Samanta in that sometimes it is a natural reaction after suffering such a traumatic loss to place guilt on oneself.....I have never been a fan of this whole "pregnancy" stoyline...but I have to say, that scene and with what they are hinting at with Lex "thus far" gave me chills....very sinister.

Comment

I think Lana grew to like and really want the baby. When she first found out about the baby, I don't think she wanted it, especially since it was Lex's baby. But over time she grew to love the fact that she was going to be a mom and have a family, something that she hasn't had growing up. That's why it was typical that Lana was blaming herself, I think in her mind, she did everything she could to ensure that this baby'll have a good life. Then she miscarries and she feels that it's her fault. Overall, she's probably crying b/c of a mixture of reasons. She's in a marriage now, with a man that she's not deeply in love with. It's most likely that she stayed with Lex and agreed to marry him b/c she was pregnant. I think the writers did a good job in making people feel sorry for Lana b/c of losing the baby. Lex is an evil A hole for what he is doing to her, he's just evil.

Comment

Oh please. SHE HAD FAMILY aka Aunt Nell, why almost all Lana fans pee on her, I really don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
                              Oh please. SHE HAD FAMILY aka Aunt Nell, why almost all Lana fans pee on her, I really don't understand.
                              There is a difference between an aunt and parents. Why you despise Lana and hate her guts I don't really understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎