Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana apologizing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because she was freaking 3 when they got pancaked. Her aunt has been a mother to her since then and they are flesh and blood. I don't think it would be so wrong if Lana had called her aunt "mom." Her aunt adopted her. It would suck if Lana had the attitude about a pair of strangers who adopted her and NEVER saw them as family just because they weren't her REAL parents.

For all her longing for family, she treated one flesh and blood family who actually clothed and fed her like crap.

I think that she probably digs the fantasy of a family more than the reality.

Part of it is that I'd rather she apologize for crap she actually did rather than be bludgeoned by more "feel sorry for Lana tragedycakes." I'd rather see her confess to Chloe that she trapped her down there, knows the secret, gets scolded for her hypocritical behavior and grows up then the creators trying to squeeze more tears from the viewers FOR LANA.
    Last edited by mobiusklein; 03-26-2007, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Re: Lana apologizing?

Originally posted by p.he.nix
      Even if I didn't know that Lex was involved with the doctor in shady business concerning the baby, the whole Lana apologizing to Lex for losing the baby was unnecessary. Yeah, I know people get on Lana's case for not admiting she was wrong and all that but in this case it was in no way her fault for losing the baby/miscarriage (if that actually occurred) and I don't think any woman should apologize for that IMO. It made me hate Lex more in the stooping so low so Lana can be by his side.
      I actually thought that part was fantastically written and acted. It was completely heartbreaking and true to life. Women feel guilty (even if they know it's irrational) when they loose a baby. The same way that a woman feels guilty if she is not able to concieve a baby. It's not thier fault, but that's the way it is. No woman should have to apologize for that, but they do. It's a huge responsibility to carry another person's life inside of you. If it's lost how can you help feeling guilty?

Comment

You're right, women shouldn't apologize for miscarriages.
        But unfortunately that's usually what happens. This isn't a stupid Lana and Lex moment. The mother thinks it was her fault - that's part of the reason why it's so difficult.

Comment

God, crying about how a baby is a sensitive topic, grow up... there's alot more serious topics regarding media in all and I hear no whine. Carrige / misscarrige is a natural part of life, exessive violence on the other hand, is not. Correct me if Im wrong, it's not illegal to carry / misscarry a child, but it is illegal to beat people up.

ktybye

Originally posted by Loislvesclark
          I actually thought that part was fantastically written and acted. It was completely heartbreaking and true to life. Women feel guilty (even if they know it's irrational) when they loose a baby. The same way that a woman feels guilty if she is not able to concieve a baby. It's not thier fault, but that's the way it is. No woman should have to apologize for that, but they do. It's a huge responsibility to carry another person's life inside of you. If it's lost how can you help feeling guilty?
          Last time I checked women tend to blaim the guy for not beeing able to have a baby (untill the doctor confirms either story)

Comment

Originally posted by HnK

Last time I checked women tend to blaim the guy for not beeing able to have a baby (untill the doctor confirms either story)
            I meant when a woman is physically incapable of conceiving she blames herself not just physically but emotionally. There is a lot of research done on this topic. It might seem irrational for her to blame herself and she shouldn't have to apologize, but that doesn't change the fact that it was realistic for her to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarksGal
              I think it was pretty normal for her to feel that way. I thought the scenes showed that Lex is breaking Lana. I think that the baby was the last thing to cling to in her life, and that now she is probably more alone and hopeless than she has ever been. I am definitely getting the feeling that Lana is going to earn her title as a Luther. I think she's going to turn out to be a survivor, and that she's going to learn to swim with the sharks pretty well. To be honest, that's the only way I can think of for TPTB to keep her involved in the series. I think she's going to stay married to Lex, at least through the beginning of S7. I could be wrong, but I am just getting that feeling.
              I doubt that. I think Lex will finally be who we all know he will be when Lana is gone from his side. Because of her, he is still holding back on his full potential, even though what he's doing with the baby now is very evil. If Lana wasn't there, just think of how he wouldn't have to worry about revealing himself to her and what he would do to the Justice League after they've messed around with 33.1 so much.

I think the truth about the pregnancy will come out and that will be Lex's final failure. After that, the next time Lionel threatens him with collecting anything, he will be history, and Lex will see to it that there will be nothing left to find. What I'm wondering is if Lionel will come to collect after the cat's out of the bag or if Lex will think Lionel was the one who made it public when his plan is exposed. If either of these happen, then I'm saying Lionel will die soon after Lex is exposed.

Comment

First of all, unless you've been in that situation..HOW can you say it was going too far? Women do tend to blame themselves...as if they somehow could have prevented the tragedy.
                As far as Lana not wanting the baby...a lot of women at first are saddened by an unwanted pregnancy. But as the fact comes into play that you are carrying a child..some women tend to love that child. Lana did as can be seen in viewing the ultrasound.
                And what in the world does Lana loving Clark more than Lex have to do with the baby..so she was ready to be happy with Clark. Does that mean she stopped loving her child? NO. It means she loves Clark above Lex....that has nothing to do with the fetus inside her. To say so is to say all step parents mean nothing....just because a child is not biologically a person's doesn't mean the child isn't loved entirely by the parent. To say this is obviously NOT real to life. ONE has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

Clark isn't bilogically the Kent's, but I don't think anyone would say that they don't love him.

Comment

it's like those who adopt children from korea, the love them even if they you know hehe

Comment

Her apologizing was normal for any woman going through a miscarriage. Even when she knows there was nothing she could do it's typical because she was after all the one carrying the child.

Comment

Originally posted by newfamfan
                        As far as Lana not wanting the baby...a lot of women at first are saddened by an unwanted pregnancy. But as the fact comes into play that you are carrying a child..some women tend to love that child. Lana did as can be seen in viewing the ultrasound.
                        I agree. Just because this may have been an unexpected pregnancy, that doesn't mean Lana doesn't love the baby.
                        My brothers were "unexpected", and my parents obviously don't love them any less. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie
                          There is a difference between an aunt and parents. Why you despise Lana and hate her guts I don't really understand.
                          Certain people have made good practice of hating Lana ever since she appeared in the show's pilot....mainly because they realized at that point this wasn't going to be yet another portrayal of the bumbling Clark Kent who wears glasses and stumbles over his own feet in the presence of Lois Lane.

Since then Lana's been pretty much to blame for everything--war, world hunger, natural disaster, global warming, incurable illness, innercity violence.......

It's just the same thing over and over for six years. Lana-haters are nothing if not predictable. Believe me, there really IS nothing to understand.

That said I know someone who said they experienced almost the exact same feelings as Lana after her "miscarriage". Whether her pregnancy was planned or not is really irrelevant. She thought a child was growing in her body. She came to feel like any other expectant mother...and after believing she lost it, she grieves. And yet that's become another reason to criticize her? Go figure.
                          Last edited by SpeedDemon77; 03-29-2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HnK
                            God, crying about how a baby is a sensitive topic, grow up... there's alot more serious topics regarding media in all and I hear no whine. Carrige / misscarrige is a natural part of life, exessive violence on the other hand, is not. Correct me if Im wrong, it's not illegal to carry / misscarry a child, but it is illegal to beat people up.
                            Regardless if there are more 'serious' topics or not, a miscarriage is still a sensitive topic considering how traumatic it is for a woman to go through.

And btw, I don't think Lana should have apologized either, but I would think that a woman would do that if she had to go through losing a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                              I agree.This baby was an accident & Lana doesn't love Lex.She's a good cryer but,come on with her previous actions toward the baby,it wasn't beleivable.The vilain of this show is back
                              How does not being in love with the father (or wanting to have anything to do with him) translate into "I don't want or care about my baby?" Considering Lana's history, it makes perfect sense to me that she would want her child regardless of the situation with Lex and that miscarrying would be an unbearable loss. I think some people are taking Lana bashing to ridiculous extremes.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎