No announcement yet.

Doomsday Comparison to Titan (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomsday Comparison to Titan (merged)

Those Smallville writers have done it again, just not in a good way. Titan was such a ripoff of Doomsday it wasn't even funny. The bone spikes coming out of his hands, the reference to him being a genetically engineered warrior, can they not create something new and original! The whole fight scene was over in like 2 minutes. A couple of punches and Clark was in his best home run pose, staring at his enemy and almost strutting. No heat vision, no super speed, what a joke. How convenient that the ring guy got killed so he wouldn't tell his secret to anyone. There was so much wrong with this episode I'll vent in other threads.

If he was a Doomsday rip-off, I don’t care. There was a great, exciting fight scene. It was by far the best Clark vs. a Phantom Zoner we’ve seen yet.

Comment

Doomsday

Is it just me, or did Titan seem like Smallville's tribute to Doomsday? Okay, he didn't kill Clark, but he bashed him up pretty good. He's a genetically produced warrior/killing machine and that spike that shot out of his hand looked a lot like Doomsday's boney protrusions.

Comment

Yep, total ripoff of Doomsday, what with the whole killing Clark after fighting the entire Justice League and bringing them to their knees. Not to mention Titan's origins, how he was created on Krypton and made so that he would come back stronger and able to survive what killed him every time he died...wait....*that didn't happen!*

Ripoff? I think that's the most overused, lamest word ever to grace these boards.

Comment

I guess I wasn't the only person who thought Titan was the Smallville version of Doomsday.

Which doesn't make him a ripoff. One of the things I enjoy most about Smallville is the way they take elements of the Superman mythos and adapt them for the show.

Comment

Doomsday is not the only one who can bash up Clark like that.

Comment

Yeah most alien enemies can beat up Clark/Supes pretty bad but Titan was a nod to Doomsday I think.

Comment

I think it was the closest they could get.

Comment

Re: Titan a lame ripoff of Doomsday

Originally posted by Hockeyking
                  Those Smallville writers have done it again, just not in a good way. Titan was such a ripoff of Doomsday it wasn't even funny. The bone spikes coming out of his hands, the reference to him being a genetically engineered warrior, can they not create something new and original! The whole fight scene was over in like 2 minutes. A couple of punches and Clark was in his best home run pose, staring at his enemy and almost strutting. No heat vision, no super speed, what a joke. How convenient that the ring guy got killed so he wouldn't tell his secret to anyone. There was so much wrong with this episode I'll vent in other threads.
                  take it easy, dude. it's not a rip off, it's a tribute.

Comment

Titan had nothing to do with Doomsday. Had it been anything like Doomsday, then there would never have been any fight club because Doomsday would've just destroyed the place, everyone in it, and had moved on. Doomsday is a creature with no real intelligence and knows only rage. not to mention that if it were doomsday clark would have been in MUCH worse condtion than what he was. clark walked out of that ring and was able to bring lois. had it been doomsday then clark would've needed someone to bring him out, if he even made it out alive

Comment

he reminded me more of mongul than doomsday

Comment

I also read in wikipedia that the fight with Titan copied frame by frame & expression by expression the fight between Superman & Doomsday!!!
                        Last edited by blackcelebration; 03-23-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Re: Doomsday

Originally posted by redeem147
                          Is it just me, or did Titan seem like Smallville's tribute to Doomsday? Okay, he didn't kill Clark, but he bashed him up pretty good. He's a genetically produced warrior/killing machine and that spike that shot out of his hand looked a lot like Doomsday's boney protrusions.
                          Yes I can see how some people would see that....but Titan was not badass enough to be compared to Doomsday. And the boney protrusions - to me that just looked like the one thing that he used for the kill. Clark said that the tattoo was for a genetically modified fighter etc - so that could have been that.

But as far as the writer's stepping up the bad guys - it's a good thing to see Clark have to really fight because he needs to learn his limits and also needs to learn the middle ground. How's he supposed to do that if there is no one to really challenge him?

Originally posted by blackcelebration
                          I also read in wikipedia that the fight with Titan copied frame by frame & expression by expression the fight with Doomsday in the Death of Superman episode from the comics!!!
                          wiki is open to the public so that could just someone's opinion. I've read the Death of Superman and it's not blow for blow what the TPB or comic had in it. It's similar but then all hand-to-hand fights are similar to a point (unless you get into crazy fight scenes like Matrix etc).

Comment

Originally posted by blackcelebration
                            I also read in wikipedia that the fight with Titan copied frame by frame & expression by expression the fight with Doomsday in the Death of Superman episode from the comics!!!
                            link or STFU!! because i went to wiki and it said NOTHING about that... http://smallville.*****.com/wiki/Combat_%28episode%29

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick
                              link or STFU!! because i went to wiki and it said NOTHING about that... http://smallville.*****.com/wiki/Combat_%28episode%29
                              It does say in the link you just gave!!!

If you look under the trivia section of the episode it says that the Titan fight was a frame by frame copy of Superman's fight with Doomsday!!!
                              Last edited by blackcelebration; 03-23-2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎