Television Ratings For Combat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clana fans like myself wanted it to end then and there. PERFECT episode to end it. Lana goes with Clark and he can finally become Superman.... but they drag it out again.

They promoted that the wedding wouldn't happen and "love would conquer all" BS
    Last edited by Bosrudorfer; 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

People didn't respond very well to 'Promise' which is why this episode did so poor.

Comment

Justice wasn't promoted enough?!!!

The ratings for Promise were great, cos the episode aired after a 3 weeks break with that new Fox show and the basketball tournament against it, and I can't say it enough that the demos were higher than usual.

So here's the new and improved Ksite ratings table accourding to you guys:

(Fake table)
        Zod......................4.52*
        Sneeze.................4.88*
        Wither..................4.71*
        Arrow...................4.79*
        Reunion...............5.01*
        Fallout.................4.46*
        Rage...................4.70*
        Static...................4.31*
        Subterranean........4.68*
        Hydro..................5.26*
        Justice.................5.00*
        Labyrinth..............4.91*
        Crimson.................4.74*
        Trespass...............4.76*
        Freak....................4.69*
        Promise................4.2*

So according to this board, Hydro was the highest rated episode, yeah, that one episode with Clana all over the trailers.

And yes, I still think Clana was a big factor in S5's early ratings, cos they had the best ratings the whole first arc, wich had Clana in the best terms.

With you guys don't understanding any fact or reason, I'll just stick with the annoying -This episode was the lowest one cos someway people knew there wasn't going to be any Clana- theory.

Cheers!
        Last edited by monstra; 03-23-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I think ratings are so low because it's your average filler episode. Even if Promis was horrible it moved story. Combat on the other hand has nothing add to it.

Comment

Hydro didn't rate better than Justice, did it?

I thought it didn't get over 5 million...

Comment

Justice wasn't promoted enough?!!!
              Justice wasn't promoted as much as Promise was (which got many trailer variations, as well as clips and interviews with the cast on set). That's what leads me to believe the CW were expecting another break-out hit for Promise. They even moved it to later on to avoid AI, and promoted it constantly to make sure viewers would know it was back.

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
              I agree.

Clana fans like myself wanted it to end then and there. PERFECT episode to end it. Lana goes with Clark and he can finally become Superman.... but they drag it out again.

They promoted that the wedding wouldn't happen and "love would conquer all" BS

That's why I didnt watch Combat
              Well I'm just going by all the Clana fans on the message boards that have been protesting at what a fantastic episode Promise was, and that not that many people hated it. But suddenly when Combat's ratings come in, it's all down to the Lexana that has been around season 6 all along?

So much for hearing of early season 6's ratings being so terrible and all down to Lexana, and having Lana speaking to Clark nicely again, would make such a difference. Because so far, it hasn't made any difference

Comment

Yeah, thats a fake table.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauve
                  Hydro didn't rate better than Justice, did it?

I thought it didn't get over 5 million...
                  It didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi
                    Well I'm just going by all the Clana fans on the message boards that have been protesting at what a fantastic episode Promise was, and that not that many people hated it. But suddenly when Combat's ratings come in, it's all down to the Lexana that has been around season 6 all along?
                    Im not even gonna answer to the Justice argument, yeah it wasn't promoted enough, even when since the start of the season AlMiles were talking about it.

And WE (Clana fans, Sweet) LOVED the episode cos we know what's gonna happen next! We know about the baby, we know there's Clana scenes coming up!

If I were a casual viewer I would think that was IT for Clana, Lana is pregnant with Lex's baby and they just got married.

Wich brings me to another pointless argument here, a lot of people here at Ksite thought Promise was the end of Clana, so if people were SO glad about it why didn't they watch Combat?

Oh gosh Im having so much fun finding all the holes in this pointless arguments of yours.

Comment

Well maybe male Clana viewers saw Promise differently then female Clana viewers?

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                        Im not even gonna answer to the Justice argument, yeah it wasn't promoted enough, even when since the start of the season AlMiles were talking about it.
                        I didn't say Justice didn't get promoted enough. Justice really isn't releveant to the argument at all. All that I said was that Promise actually got even more trailers than Justice did, so signs point to the CW treating it as the same kind of event episode. Yet ratings for Promise turned out to be decidedly average

If I were a casual viewer I would think that was IT for Clana, Lana is pregnant with Lex's baby and they just got married.
                        If anything seemed to be IT for romantic Clana, it was early season 6 when Lana did nothing but ***** at Clark (when the two of them even did get to share a scene together). Hence the much talked about Clana boycotts being pointed to, whilst insisting on how awful early season 6's ratings were

The audience has known of Lana's pregnancy since I think it was Rage? And Lexana have been engaged since Subterrean. It's not like Promise suddenly sprung Lexana on the audience. I've never argued that a ship does bring in ratings. I simply checked out this thread and read someone already pointing the finger at Lexana for Combat's ratings. When the factor that has changed halfway through the season is bringing Clana back, Lexana has been around all season.
                        Wich brings me to another pointless argument here, a lot of people here at Ksite thought Promise was the end of Clana, so if people were SO glad about it why didn't they watch Combat?
                        Well like I said, the boards and blogs that I've visited, has seen Clana fans be the ones happy after Promise, and annoyed with the rest of the fandom for complaining about character regression. And most people complainging about Promise, have been along the lines of "not Clana again". Check out the threads and polls on this very board for Promise
                        Last edited by Naomi; 03-23-2007, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Ouch, I actually liked this episode a lot. Thou I must say I HATED Promise as well, and I know a lot of people, including myself consider it one of the worst episodes this season so it might influence the rating.

Comment

I was actually surprised to see so many people @Ksite liking Promise, just look at the love it/hate it poll in the episode forum.

And I already replied to you about why we're happy, and about a bunch of us skipping Combat cuz it looked stupid.

So yeah, if anything Im happy the ratings were low, cos casual viewer knows Lana is not gonna leave Lex in one episode and get back together with Clark in the same one.

If people had hated what they saw last week, why did the ratings improve from one half hour to the other one? Did they magically think some FOTW was gonna come up and spice things up in the wedding episode?

Sooo, you guys said it yourselves last week.

Promise was the 'end' of Clana.... and people didn't like that, hence the Combat ratings.
                            Last edited by monstra; 03-23-2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                              Promise was the 'end' of Clana.... and people didn't like that, hence the Combat ratings.
                              Actually, those with half a brain knows that "Promise" was the coming back of Clana.

And no, I'm not blamming Clana this week, I'm blamming on wussy Lex and baby Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                                Actually, those with half a brain knows that "Promise" was the coming back of Clana.
                                Well, then most of Ksite and the posts from the people I read at some other non-Clana sites must not have half a brain.

That RIP Clana thread comes to my mind right now.

I don't agree with this theory, Im just going by what people said last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎