Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mauve
    Don't they target the male demo's more than the female? Don't they always do better in female over male? Is so, what's the big deal?

I'm not trying to start anything, I just want to understand the ratings better.
    LOL that is funny since the show is geared more towards females with the soap opera crap.

Comment

i think the ratings went down because of promise too

Comment

So if ratings only go down because the audience didn't like the episode before it....that must mean that people hated "Justice" because "Labyrinth's" ratings decreased the week after.

AND people must have loved "Labyrinth" because "Freak's" ratings slightly increased.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
          That makes no sense. Justice got 5.26, Labyrinth (followed it) got 5.00 which is still real good. After it was Crimson, then Trespas, then Freak. Since Justice its been going downhill.

If Promise was so awesome, so great then Combat's viewers would be through the roof, or at least around 5.00. People would tell friends, etc. and make sure they saw Combat.

Season 6 Episode Ratings

Zod......................4.96*
          Sneeze.................4.52*
          Wither..................4.88*
          Arrow...................4.71*
          Reunion...............4.79*
          Fallout.................5.01*
          Rage...................4.46*
          Static...................4.70*
          Subterranean........4.31*
          Hydro..................4.68*
          Justice.................5.26*
          Labyrinth..............5.00*
          Crimson.................4.91*
          Trespass...............4.74*
          Freak....................4.76*
          Promise................4.69*
          Combat................4.2
          * - Final Rating
          I was being sarcastic in my last post.

Comment

Originally posted by friday
            I was being sarcastic in my last post.
            LOL that would explain alot. *doh*

Comment

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
              LOL that would explain alot. *doh*
              *doh*.

Comment

The preemption in Chicago really affected Combat's ratings. I mean Chicago is a major market. I'm sure when Progeny airs, it'll likely to have the same ratings as Combat. Airing of Progeny will be preempted again in Chicago on April 19.

Comment

Originally posted by friday
                  Casual viewers who don't go online and didn't like how "Promise" ended might think Lexana is forever and decided their not watching this week's episode.
                  Umm no. Lexana have been a factor for the entirety of season 6. In fact there was more positive Lexana early on in episodes like Wither and Static (which had Lexana sex, as well as a proposal. That suggested Lexana was "forever" just as much, particularly as it aired in a time when there were very few Clana scenes)

It's Clana that's been brought back into the show at the halfway point for season 6. You can't suddenly blame Lexana for falling ratings, when the first half of season 6 has had so much Lexana, and ratings held steady then.

The CW have been promoting the Clana recently, and Clark and Lana are openly expresing love for one another again. That's the factor that changed in Promise, not the Lexana
                  Last edited by Naomi; 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by happygolucky
                    I don't think the ratings will go up don't they go down once they take into consideration pre-emptions? Weren't the ratings for "Freak' initially around 5.0 mill,but it was preempted in (I think)Indiana and someplace else so they subtracted "Freak's" ratings due to the preemptions and that is why the ratings went down.
                    It depends

If Smallville(shown Sat. in Chicago) gets a better number than the Bulls pregame/game then Smallville's final rating will go up, if it doesn't then it will go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi
                      [B]Umm no. Lexana have been a factor for the entirety of season 6. In fact there was more positive Lexana early on in episodes like Wither and Static (which had Lexana sex, as well as a proposal. That suggested Lexana was "forever" just as much, particularly as it aired in a time when there were very few Clana scenes)
                      I don't agree with this. Historically, Lex and Lexana heavy episodes do the worst in the ratings. Check the ratings history below.

The only reason why the ratings for season six was passable was because of the GA storyline.

Summary of season 5 viewership (In the millions).

1. Arrival.......final number 5.9 million viewers.
                      2. Mortal.......final number 5.9 million viewers (WB Network)
                      3. Hidden.......final number 5.9 million viewers.
                      4. Aqua.......final number 6.4 million viewers.
                      5. Thirst.....Final Number 5.8 million viewers ( WB Network & USA Today)
                      6. Exposed......Final Number 5.4 Million Viewers
                      7. Splinter.....Final Number 5.5 Million Viewers
                      8. Solitude......Final Number 6.0 Million Viewers
                      9. Lexmas........Final Number 5.4 Million Vewiers (ABCmedianet.com)
                      10. Fanatic.......Final Number 5.5 Million Viewers
                      11. Lockdown.....Final Number 5.0 million Viewers.
                      12. Reckoning.....Final Number 6.3 million Viewers.
                      13. Vengence.....Final Number 5.4 million Viewers.
                      14. Tomb....Final Number 5.4 million Viewers.
                      15. Cyborg....Final Number 6.2 million Viewers.
                      16. Hypnotic...Final Number 4.8 million viewers.
                      17.Void...Final Number 4.2 million viewers.
                      18. Fragile......Final Number 3.9 million viewers (ABCmedianet.com)
                      19. Mercy........ Final Number 4.4 million viewers
                      20 Fade........Final number 4.3 million viewers.
                      21 Oracle........Final number 4.8 million viewers

22 Vessel........Final number 4.9 million viewers

Final numbers summary of viewership for last season 4.

1. Crusade...............final number 6.1 million viewers.
                      2.Gone................final number 5.7 million viewers.
                      3.Facade........final number 5.5 million viewers.
                      4.Devoted........final number 6.2 million viewers.
                      5.Run............final number 5.4 million viewers.
                      6.Transference......final number 5.7million viewers.
                      7.Jinx...............final number 5.0 million viewers.
                      8. Spell............final number 5.5 million viewers.
                      9. Bound.......... final number 5.1 million viewers.
                      10. Scare ............final number 4.9 million viewers.
                      11.Unsafe......... final number 4.2 million viewers.
                      12.Pariah............. final number 4.8 million viewers.
                      13. Recruit........... final number 4.9 million viewers.
                      14.Krypto ............final number 5.1 million viewers.
                      15. Sacred ..........final number 5.3 million viewers.
                      16. Lucy.............. final number 4.5 million viewers.
                      17. Onyx........... final number 3.9 million viewers.
                      18. Spirit........... final number 4.4 million viewers.
                      19. Blank........... final numbers is 4.6 million viewers.
                      20. Ageless.......... final numbers is 4.5 million viewers.
                      21. Forever........final number 4.0 million viewers.
                      22. Commencement.......final number 5.5 million viewers

High for Season 5: 6.4 million (Aqua). Low 3.9 million (Fragile)

High for Season 4: 6.2 million (Devoted). Low 3.9 million (Onyx)

High for Season 3: 6.9million (Slumber). Low 4.2 million (Memoria.)

It's Clana that's been brought back into the show at the halfway point for season 6. You can't suddenly blame Lexana for falling ratings, when the first half of season 6 has had so much Lexana, and ratings held steady then.
                      Historically again, when Clana are together the ratings tend to be higher than when Lexana began late season five.

Comment

Ok so, just to make it clear, I also LOVED Promise and decided to skip Combat. It has been proven now for 3 years that episode 17 is always one if not the lowest rated episode of the season.

It's like saying people loved Hydro so much that they came back to see Justice, and then people didn't like Justice and thats why ratings dropped after the episode.

Also since people LOVED the god damn awful Sneeze so much, 400 000 people came back next week to watch Wither.

C'mon. *rolls eyes*

And if anything, if your theory is right it means people *hate* Lexana NOT Clana (since it ended bad for us), since how YOU guys said people knew by the trailer Promise was going to be Clexana centered.

So I ask myself, if people hated Clexana as much as they did, why didn't they just skip Promise and come back for Combat?

Promise had the highest demos for women in the whole year AND it improved in the second half hour a whole lot, did anyone stop to think that men are too busy watching the basketball or whatever, and women couldn't care less about those special guests and all the action they had going on in Combat AND thats why the ratings went down?

I guess now we have to see the ratings for this episode and make them "Promise"s and make "Promise"s ratings "Freak"s one and so on. Oh that makes so much sense.

This theory is so pointless it's not even funny.

Now I've said this before, if the ratings stay THIS down for ALL the upcoming episodes then I'll believe Promise had to do with it, like I think Hypnotic had to do with the low ass ratings after it in S5, till then, this theory is bs.

I could also say this episode had the lowest ratings in the season cos there was no Clana in it unlike the last 5 or 6 episodes like you guys said with Lana in justice, but I know thats not true, cos there was no way people would know that.

It's just stupid.
                        Last edited by monstra; 03-23-2007, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Man, the writers need kicks between the legs.

Comment

Of course ratings dropped at the end of season 5. The first half of season 5 was a lot stronger than the second half, there was real momentum there. Then ratings were strong, so A&M start stalling again, and viewers got tired. More filler and sex filled episodes like Hypnotic, which was just what saw season 4 not bring in ratings. If ratings can be connected to anything, it's about quality of the storyline and SV moving foward.

But the CW were told that bringing back the Clana would improve ratings, something which I always doubted. I don't even need to say any more, Trespass and Promise both heavily promoted Clana, and ratings proved my point for me. Ships don't matter at the end of the day, it's quality of story, and the progression of Clark Kent, that most viewers watch for

And the CW ordering the writers to insert more Clana, is not leading to progression, or quality of story.

I'm betting that season 6 will still do better in the first half than the second, even though this time it's positive Lexana in the first half, and Clana being pushed more in the second half. But somehow Lexana will get blamed for it again

And the Green Arrow? The GA that appeaed in I think it was 6 episodes? Fans enjoyed GA sure, but it's Clark and Lex that most of us watch for.

And if anything, if your theory is right it means people *hate* Lexana NOT Clana (since it ended bad for us), since how YOU guys said people knew by the trailer Promise was going to be Clexana centered.
                            Umm no. Promise ended with Lana realising that she still loved Clark, not Lex. Hence the excitemnt of Clana shippers on boards everywhere who posted on what a great episode Promise was, and look forward to Lexana's marriage being annuled before the end of the season. How did it end badly for Clana fans? You just said yourself that you LOVED Promise

And I already said last week that the trailer did nothing but promote Lexana as a possible big mistake, whilst showing clips of Clark about to share the secret/propose, and urging fans to expect Clark to call a halt to the wedding, and Clana to run off together. Promise was promoted with almost nothing but Clana

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi
                              And I already said last week that the trailer did nothing but promote Lexana as a possible big mistake, whilst showing clips of Clark about to share the secret/propose, and urging fans to expect Clark to call a halt to the wedding, and Clana to run off together. That was a Clana trailer [/B]
                              So people were interested by that and that's why they watched Promise.

If people didn't care about Clana why didn't they just skip Promise if they KNEW by the trailer it was gonna be relationship centered, and why when they have the action filled Combat trailer they decide to skip the episode?!

Doesnt make ANY sense.

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                                If people didn't care about Clana why didn't they just skip Promise if they KNEW by the trailer it was gonna be relationship centered, and why when they have the action filled Combat trailer they decide to skip the episode?!
                                According to the ratings, a lot of people did skip Promise

Considering the amount of promotion and trailers it got, the rating wasn't all that special, and you have to go as far back as Hydro and Subterranean to find a lower rating. It wasn't exactly another Justice (which received far less promotion) for the CW

Subterranean........4.31*
                                Hydro..................4.68*
                                Justice.................5.26*
                                Labyrinth..............5.00*
                                Crimson.................4.91*
                                Trespass...............4.74*
                                Freak....................4.76*
                                Promise................4.69*
                                Combat................4.2

And yet, all through season 6, there were assurances that promoting Clana would see a ratings boast. But ratings are already showing that it doesn't make a bit of difference, for all that Clana fans took credit for early season 5's ratings (when the show was at an incredibly strong point then anyway, and had just introduced the FOS and Fine).
                                Last edited by Naomi; 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎