Television Ratings For Combat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, that could had been it...but really the numbers aren't that bad as compared to last season and the season before.

It's funny how this arch doing better than the seasons before it, but all the episodes in the first and second arch weren't.

I personally didn't watch Combat because I had no interest in what I read or seen of the episode.

Originally posted by Routh

Promise, in my and many others' opinion, sucked, and many people didn't come back to watch.
    I liked Promise and didn't come back to watch Combat, sooo... yeah.

Last week everyone was saying how awful Promise did in numbers regardless of the fact Promise was getting praises for it's number by TheCW and other media outlets in demos.

The second half of the episode did better than the first, it increase in numbers by almost a million. Yet you want me to believe that so people were turned off by the episode that they didn't watch this episode?
    Last edited by Kreukie; 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Ouch...I have to say that I am surprised by how low of a rating Combat got. I felt that the episode was promoted very well...although the episode wasn't shown in Chicago and some areas didn't see the episode because of college basketball. It's hard to judge this rating, I don't know enough facts to determine why exactly it was so low.

Comment

Promise, in my and many others' opinion, sucked, and many people didn't come back to watch.
        Yes, it sucked because Lexana got married when viewers were expecting her to call it off and run to Clark.

And the fact that viewership went up almost a million viewers at the mid-point of "Promise" while "Supernatural's" went down....tells me that viewers liked what they were watching but didn't like the ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie

How dare you not watch Combat! J/k. I hope that you do end up watching it because it was an action-packed episode, IMO.

Comment

And it doesn't matter if you do. You cannot compare season to season by matching up episode numbers, because circumstances are different for every episode and every season.

I agree. Remember this is a business where money talks. Every viewer is $.

The network isnt stupid they know ppl hated promise which is why the number is low not because of a "trend" of episode numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by happygolucky
              I wonder how the ratings will affect "Progeny" given that "Combat" got a 4.2.Usually the previous episode sets up the next if people thought the ep was good then they tend to watch the next episode.
              Given that "Progeny" will be coming off a four week hiatus,will(like "Combat" be prempted in Chicago)didn't have a trailer after "Combat"ended I don't see "Progeny" doing any better than "Combat"which had 2 wrestlers in it that the WWE were promoting on their show.
              If the CW is smart they would promote the hell out of this and Nemesis. They have 4 weeks to do it. They pimped the daylights out of Promise during the 4 weeks so I don't see y they wouldn't do the same for Progeny. Especially with the guess star.

Comment

Friday, that could had been it...but really the numbers aren't that bad as compared to last season and the season before.

It's funny how this arch doing better than the seasons before it, but all the episodes in the first and second arch weren't.

I personally didn't watch Combat because I had no interest in what I read or seen of the episode.

Once again, you cannot compare season six to anything before.

You keep saying 'episode 17 always drops', but that makes absolutely no sense. THE CIRCUMSTANCES ALWAYS CHANGE.

There was a HUGE break after Lucy aired, but there wasn't after Hypnotic, and they both fell considerably. And some people just cannot face the fact that Smallville on the CW will never reach the numbers of Smallville on the WB, because the CW has a CONSIDERABLY lower amount of stations than the WB did.

You can attribute seasons 4 and 5 to Clana all you want, but it's just not going to work.

Comment

Please don't make me pull out the ratings from season four and five out again and show that the ratings fall always around this time.

Even with that, Combat did pretty damn good!

Season Four:

4.17 Onyx - Final number 3.9 million viewers.

Season Five:

5.17 Void - Final Number 4.2 million viewers.

Promise didn't turn people away as much as Lucy and Hypnotic did.
                  To be fair (as bad as Lucy was), Onyx was the first episode after a 5 week hiatus. It was a good episode, IMO, that got trapped in the crap they called season 4.

Hypnotic did hurt Void though. Lost over a half million viewers from week-to-week. It also aired in April which means it didn't face the NCAA tournament like Promise did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
                    this is a business where money talks. Every viewer is $.
                    Hence why Promise did good, because the demo were high, above average and demos is what makes $$$$$$$ and keeps a series on the air.

Comment

Hence why Promise did good, because the demo were high, above average and demos is what makes $$$$$$$ and keeps a series on the air.
                      The demo that they don't care about was above average. The demo that they do care about? Was piss-poor.

That press release's SOLE purpose was to make it seem like Smallville/Supernatural didn't get pummeled by NCAA basketball, and highlighted a demo that they don't give a crud about.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                        Half Hour Breakdowns

Smallville
                        8:00 p.m. V: 3.77 million, A18-49: 1.6/ 5
                        8:30 p.m. V: 4.46 million, A18-49: 1.8/ 5

Supernatural
                        8:00 p.m. V: 3.50 million, A18-49: 1.4/ 4
                        8:30 p.m. V: 3.54 million; A18-49: 1.4/ 3

Also, it was preempted in Chicago last night so expect the final ratings to change. I'm expecting them to drop, but I could be wrong.
                        The final rating should go up once they include the numbers from Chicago (airs Saturday)

Usually the early numbers include all the markets, whether or not the show actually aired in all of them.

If that is the case Smallville's number was hurt badly because the Bulls game started at 7:30 pm which means that they showed a pre-game show at 7:00pm which never get ratings.

Comment

You can attribute seasons 4 and 5 to Clana all you want, but it's just not going to work.
                          If we can't compare the numbers to previous seasons than what exactly are you guys comparing these numbers to that suggest the numbers are bad?

You guys kept saying Promise did bad regardless of the fact it did above average in demo$ and in women viewership.

Of course all that's ignored.

Originally posted by joesmallville
                          The final rating should go up once they include the numbers from Chicago (airs Saturday)

Usually the early numbers include all the markets, whether or not the show actually aired in all of them.

If that is the case Smallville's number was hurt badly because the Bulls game started at 7:30 pm which means that they showed a pre-game show at 7:00pm which never get ratings.
                          Meaning Combat going to go above 4.3, most likely 4.5.

Which is again good for an episode around this year.

Comment

Well, I'm not surprised. After the crapfest that was "Promise", many people were turned off and didn't come back this week.

Comment

Don't they target the male demo's more than the female? Don't they always do better in female over male? Is so, what's the big deal?

I'm not trying to start anything, I just want to understand the ratings better.

Comment

I don't think the ratings will go up don't they go down once they take into consideration pre-emptions? Weren't the ratings for "Freak' initially around 5.0 mill,but it was preempted in (I think)Indiana and someplace else so they subtracted "Freak's" ratings due to the preemptions and that is why the ratings went down.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎