Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kal-ed
    Actually it has been shown, that the previous episode those affect the followin episodes ratings. Members of the sway viewership, that flip around to see what on, will less likely give Smallville a chance today, if they didn t like last weeks ep. Im not blaming Promise, I merely saying the previous episode, does tend to affect the next episodes ratings.
    Yes, the previous episode effects ratings. A massively bad episode can majorly influence ratings. Something of high quality that fans are split in is less likely to make the ratings drop or rise in any way. If anything it would even out due to the fan split. What I'm saying in my previous post is that far more than just one thing, such as Clana or the previous episode, must be factored in to see why ratings dropped. Everything effects TV ratings, even the weather, you can't just say "I think Promise sucked and therefore the ratings for the next episode will suck." That's what doesn't work, and that's what's lame.

Comment

I liked Promise and didn't watch Combat and it had nothing to do with Promise.

The trailer for Combat just didn't interest me enough to watch the episode.

The only thing I was interested in seeing was Lana's miscarriage, which I knew I didn't have to watch the episode to learn about since I have message boards, recaps and usually people upload the scenes for people to view on the internet.
      Last edited by Kreukie; 03-23-2007, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trying2b
        You can call Promise crap if you want but I like it better than last nights "Cheez fest". Promise had great acting and the direction was awesome. Ashley couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. And the story was rushed way to much last night. I guess it takes a little maturity to understand the magnetude of last weeks episode.
        Umm... Promise wasn't nearly as good as Combat. Clark kicked-butt, and saved people from a terrifying alien. It was great. Whoever Ashley is, I'm guessing she was the blonde girl, only had a 2 minute part which was not significant to the episode. A guy using internet fighting to make money was supposed to be cheezy. Also, who could miss Lois getting into trouble trying to get a story!

I liked Promise only because Lana learned Clark's secret, otherwise it didn't focus on Clark, so I didn't like that aspect of it.

Comment

Smallville (Viewers: #5, 4.2 million; A18-49: #5, 1.7/ 5)

Lowest rated episode of the season.

Season 6 Episode Ratings

Zod......................4.96*
          Sneeze.................4.52*
          Wither..................4.88*
          Arrow...................4.71*
          Reunion...............4.79*
          Fallout.................5.01*
          Rage...................4.46*
          Static...................4.70*
          Subterranean........4.31*
          Hydro..................4.68*
          Justice.................5.26*
          Labyrinth..............5.00*
          Crimson.................4.91*
          Trespass...............4.74*
          Freak....................4.76*
          Promise................4.69*
          Combat................4.2
          * - Final Rating

Comment

I actually enjoyed the episode.

Comment

Half Hour Breakdowns

Smallville
              8:00 p.m. V: 3.77 million, A18-49: 1.6/ 5
              8:30 p.m. V: 4.46 million, A18-49: 1.8/ 5

Supernatural
              8:00 p.m. V: 3.50 million, A18-49: 1.4/ 4
              8:30 p.m. V: 3.54 million; A18-49: 1.4/ 3

Also, it was preempted in Chicago last night so expect the final ratings to change. I'm expecting them to drop, but I could be wrong.
              Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 03-23-2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

The ratings sucked. I am estatic!

Comment

Originally posted by trying2b
                  You can call Promise crap if you want but I like it better than last nights "Cheez fest". Promise had great acting and the direction was awesome. Ashley couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. And the story was rushed way to much last night. I guess it takes a little maturity to understand the magnetude of last weeks episode.
                  Just because I didn't like Promise does not make me immature. Everyone was basically slaughtered to fit in Clana. The only good thing to come out of it was the fact that Lana knows Clark has powers. That's how I see it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                    Half Hour Breakdowns

Smallville
                    8:00 p.m. V: 3.77 million, A18-49: 1.6/ 5
                    8:30 p.m. V: 4.46 million, A18-49: 1.8/ 5

Supernatural
                    8:00 p.m. V: 3.50 million, A18-49: 1.4/ 4
                    8:30 p.m. V: 3.54 million; A18-49: 1.4/ 3

Also, it was preempted in Chicago last night so expect the final ratings to change. I'm expecting them to drop, but I could be wrong.
                    How can these be the ratings of Smallville........it was a kool episode.....its probably coz TBTD pissed off many viewers last week by their Promise..!!!!

Comment

I wonder how the ratings will affect "Progeny" given that "Combat" got a 4.2.Usually the previous episode sets up the next if people thought the ep was good then they tend to watch the next episode.
                      Given that "Progeny" will be coming off a four week hiatus,will(like "Combat" be prempted in Chicago)didn't have a trailer after "Combat"ended I don't see "Progeny" doing any better than "Combat"which had 2 wrestlers in it that the WWE were promoting on their show.

Comment

Originally posted by bball44j
                        Still the people who hated Promise would have seen the description for this episode and would have tuned in for sure because of the fight scenes.
                        Why? I was one of those ppl who hated Promise and thus didnt watch Combat.

Hopefully more ppl did the same and the numbers are even lower. I'm so happy it's so low!

Comment

I hated Promise and didn't watch Combat. I did watch after it aired.. as in someone taped it for me.

And I didn't watch when it aired because I don't plan to watch full episodes anymore after 'Promise'.

Oneline clips are good for me.

I am glad the ratings sucked.

Comment

Please don't make me pull out the ratings from season four and five out again and show that the ratings fall always around this time.

Even with that, Combat did pretty damn good!

Season Four:

4.17 Onyx - Final number 3.9 million viewers.

Season Five:

5.17 Void - Final Number 4.2 million viewers.

Promise didn't turn people away as much as Lucy and Hypnotic did.

Comment

I loved "Promise" even though Lana ended up marrying Lex. But I also read spoilers so I know the future of Lexana is bleak. Casual viewers who don't go online and didn't like how "Promise" ended might think Lexana is forever and decided their not watching this week's episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
                                Please don't make me pull out the ratings from season four and five out again and show that the ratings fall always around this time.
                                And it doesn't matter if you do. You cannot compare season to season by matching up episode numbers, because circumstances are different for every episode and every season.

Promise, in my and many others' opinion, sucked, and many people didn't come back to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎