Collapse
No announcement yet.

lana lang,why so hated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate lana because she gave in too easy and she dosen't treat clark with dignity. i hate her because she thinks only about herself

Comment

I don't think Lana was really hated as strongly as she is now before the second half or season 5. That's when she started acting and making stupid decisons. Well, at least that's why I started not to like her.

Comment

I've been watching the early seasons and paying close attention to the Clark/Lana relationship, trying to figure out why I dislike the Lana character.

The first progression to a full blown Clana is at the end of season 2 and I have to say after watching it, it hasn't changed my mind. Lana is a needy and manipulative. In a way, it's consistent with the character who lost her parents in the meteor shower. However, this does not square with her ability to run the Talon. She's able to confront Clark on his secrets but she's not able to walk away from him. She plays on Clark's soft spot, pretending to be helpless and needing his protection. Yet, she's kicks pretty good butt in fight scenes. And, she's rather humorless.

Either it's intentional on the part of the writers to turn her into such an unsympathetic character (I doubt this) or they just don't have a clue as to how to develop the Lana character.

In comparison, Lex is really well written. His struggle with his dark side, snatches of humor (clever acting on MR's part) make him a much more sympathetic character despite the fact he's the bad guy.

Comment

well Lana will get out off her skin soon..

In an interview it said the baby will make Lana a angry woman, and it will be great because all you Lana haters won't have nothing to complain about

She is stupid for being with Lex, Lex knew what she wanted, some-one trust-worthy, So he gave her that... He knew what Clark's mistakes were.. So he swooped in, and what a good way to do it when the person is heart broken when your heart is broken you don't think properly.

and here we go again, because she always thinks about herself, OMG if she did she would've told Clark and ran away with him or get Clark to toture Lionel or something(or use martha)
          Last edited by Bonita_LovesSuperman; 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

i will kill clark kent if lana does anymore of her lana ****, i hope she ends up pancaked like her parents, haha!

Comment

That was so unnecessary, Why the hell would you say that, Lana going to be dead like her parents... People hate her but they don't want her to die. Plus she won't die anyway

Comment

I hate lana because I think she's a selfish, Weak willed, spoiled, judgemental, hypocritical, over emotional little brat that will ( as someone else stated above) always need someone to save her. She just gets on my every last nerve!

It would be different if she didn't take the wrong side at every turn and condemn those who are constantly trying to help her, but that is who she is. She will always be that little girl on the cover of the magazine screaming. It used to make me sick to see her with clark. To think that the guy who would eventually be with lois lane ( the embodiment of what I think superman's partner should be), could be with lana lang made me ill.

Sorry to clana fans, but you asked.

Originally posted by do3mire
                In a way, it's consistent with the character who lost her parents in the meteor shower. However, this does not square with her ability to run the Talon. She's able to confront Clark on his secrets but she's not able to walk away from him. She plays on Clark's soft spot, pretending to be helpless and needing his protection. Yet, she's kicks pretty good butt in fight scenes. And, she's rather humorless.
                I think your on to something here. Yes, she did loose her parents, and I'm sure it traumatized her, but what it also did was teach her. She learned at a young age that using that pain to her advantage could get her whatever she wanted. So, that's what she does with Clark, Whitney, Jason, Lex, and every other man in her life. She needs that father figure, that trusting man, but she also knows how to use every dramatic thing in her life to get those around her to feel for her, and give her everything she wants.

Those of you that don't see it should go back and watch some of the early episodes. You can see her working her magic on a small level in the beginning. As the series goes on, it gets more and more obvious. The more I watch the episodes, the more and more obvious it becomes.

I don't think it's bad writing of the character, I think it's brilliant writing of the character. Lana was a born daddy's girl who now has no daddy. I think this is exactly how a person who's gone through what lana's gone through would turn out. Sure, she could have gone the other way, but this way makes for better tv, and gives clark a good reason not to end up with her, and to eventually feel refreshed when he moves away from the bull $%!# that is lana.

Originally posted by Bonita_LovesSuperman

In an interview it said the baby will make Lana a angry woman, and it will be great because all you Lana haters won't have nothing to complain about
                I haven't seen the latest couple of episodes, but do you mean having the baby will make her angry? If so, that just gives me more to complain about. To think that so many people want to have children that can't, and we've got poor lana lang who's angry because she has one, just not with the guy she wanted it with. I really don't like lana, but that would make me hate her.
                Last edited by Kal26; 03-26-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

lana is an overrated character whos purpose in the start of the series was to be Clark's love interest. The cute girl next door as she literally was. But recently she just apears so forced into plot lines that its not even funny. Not to mention the overblown clana relationship that IMO seems soooooooooo unrealistic because their so-called love has no foundation to it. Clark claimed he loved her before he even had a real conversation with her which Lana stated in the pilot. Her character limits Clark and potential of this series focusing on the fantasy/action aspect of Superman's journey and turning it into a typical love-triangle infested teenage drama that the only thing that sets it apart is that its freaking Superman! *takes a breath*

I dislike lana because she has been dragged along the series as a love-interest for Clark when we all know that they are not meant for each other. Shes a waste of script, the writers make us go through all her crap for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Kal26
                    I haven't seen the latest couple of episodes, but do you mean having the baby will make her angry? If so, that just gives me more to complain about. To think that so many people want to have children that can't, and we've got poor lana lang who's angry because she has one, just not with the guy she wanted it with. I really don't like lana, but that would make me hate her.
                    She is not going to have the baby she lost it... well ill get the interview...

Question: This whole twist with Lana's baby on Smallville is really confusing me. Is there a baby or not? Is it a superenhanced baby? What's the deal?!— Briana

Ausiello: First off, Briana, breathe. OK, according to my sources, Lana will definitely see a baby in her ultrasound, but you know how things are never what they appear to be with Lex. As for enhanced abilities, the real gift this plot has is the power to turn Lana into one pissed-off woman with a mission. And we looove Lana when she's not a wuss.

Thanks to Ph, for this information

and with The Lana selfishness OMG don't go on about it, i can't be bothered writing it again

Comment

Ok so I enjoyed Lana until S3 when we got the new "Lana". Any normal guy would have gotten over her a while ago. I think KK is awesome, I just think the way that they are making her play Lana is unattractive to a lot of ppl. There have been a few scenes when her and Clark interact when I feel that if I were Clark I would have called her a b***h. Clark has let her down before, never when it has to do with her safety though

Comment

She is not going to have the baby she lost it... well ill get the interview...
                        [/U]
                        Ok, Thanks. I thought you meant that having a baby was going to make her angry. Your right I like lana better when she's on a mission.

d with The Lana selfishness OMG don't go on about it, i can't be bothered writing it again[/U]
                        I'll give you that this latest sacrifice is sort of redeeming for her character, but overall I still feel she's selfish. Although we may see her grow now that she has the loss of her child to deal with.

I do dislike lana, but I wouldn't change her character on smallville at all. I think she is the first "love" of clarks life. An immature love that will fade, and he will move on. It's just like real life, none of these changes will happen overnight, and he may feel he's in love with someone without even having a real convo with them. He was in high school at the time. That stuff happens with teens all the time. I think they are moving on quite nicely. They are showing us a young man learning to hold relationships with those he cares about. It's something that takes some experience, and some messing up, before you move on to the right person, in the right relationship.
                        Last edited by Kal26; 03-27-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I dont hate her but I don't like her. but....She has this "I'm a lost waif help me." look that irritates me. To me her character has not grown up.

Comment

I have been reading a lot of Lana bashing threads lately, and here is my answer to all of them..... Try looking at Lana from her point of view without using the knowledge we the viewer have. From the beginning of the show, all the people that have cared about her have left or been taken away (except Clark and Chloe). Whitney died, her parents died, Nell left. the only people left are Clark and Chloe, who she knows are lying to her face quite often. Not to mention the fact that she has been kidnapped and stalked who knows how many times. How would you react to all of that?

As far as character progression goes, her's is the only character (of the big three) who has no set destination. We all KNOW Lex will turn out evil. We all KNOW Clark becomes Supes. The only thing we KNOW about Lana is that her and Clark will not be together but will be friends. I think this frustrates a lot of people.

How can someone be upset about a character progressing when we don't know where that character is supposed to be progressing to.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight
                              How can someone be upset about a character progressing when we don't know where that character is supposed to be progressing to.
                              Maybe it's intentional of the writers part to write such an unsympathetic character like Lana. Maybe Lana is the plot device to make us feel sorry for Clark. But, I would also add too much of Clana makes Clark look pathetic. And, this is something I'm sure the writers don't want to do since Clark is the hero of the show.

Comment

First of all..........People don't like her because 1)she's the prettiest person on the show 2)Clark loved her since he was like 5 and it hasn't changed (jealous)3)if you think she is flip floppy what do you expect i mean all the stuff she been through with clark you can't expect her to be to be totally sure about him 4)Oh yea she is NOT a B****!!! she a normal girl who has been lied to by the person she loves the most and she just wants the truth and sorry if she keeps buggin clark about it...im sorry i would want to know the truth too... and if i knew someone was keeping some big secret from me i would want to know so peopele who don't like her you aint got no good reason cause she been Ride or Die for Clark since day 1 so MAYBE its just you that has the problem not her character soooo STOP HATIN!!!!!...thanks

o yea clark and lana relationship is not immature it aint just "first love" thing..its REAL adult love now..and she not needy...people need to get over it............
                                Last edited by CLanaF23; 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎