No announcement yet.

lana lang,why so hated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lana lang,why so hated?

i frequently keep reading about people saying they hate lana lang and are fully against her and clark,just curious why so many people are against her?

After watching promise, no wonder

jezz, still same scary little girl

Comment

I hate Lana, she's so stupid and naive. That's what I hate about her, no progression of the character and still like "Ohhh, please, somebody saaaaave me"

Comment

Because she's always flip flopping. Clark is always saving her but she's never grateful, or if she is grateful, then she goes back to accusing him in the very next episode. And even when she's completely in the wrong, the producers treat Lana like she's this perfect Goddess and a wonderful perfect human being who can do no wrong. It's irritating and it's gone on for far too long.

Comment

Clark and Lionel have been majorly flipflopping too recently.

Its kinda annoying.

Comment

Oh I'm not saying they haven't, but at least Lionel Doesn't whine. Clark does sometimes, but Lana has been doing it consistently since AT LEAST season two.

Comment

^^ could be that she's already OVERSTAYED her welcome... IMO!

Comment

I can't say I hate Lana...no, not at all. But she does have her times when she's annoying. Like said above, she flip-flops a lot. That's her biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra
                  Oh I'm not saying they haven't, but at least Lionel Doesn't whine. Clark does sometimes, but Lana has been doing it consistently since AT LEAST season two.
                  What do you mean by "whine?"
                  Originally posted by iluvsmallville1010
                  I can't say I hate Lana...no, not at all. But she does have her times when she's annoying. Like said above, she flip-flops a lot. That's her biggest problem.
                  Yeah, true. However, normal people flip-flop as well. You, me, and everyone else have opinions based on information that we obtain. As that information changes, our opinions change. We flip-flop. It's a natural reaction to learning information. Besides being pron to being knocked out, I haven't seen her doing anything a normal person wouldn't do. Although I wouldn't be persistent, I too would want to know Clark's secrets. I too hate being lied to.

Comment

I agree with 98chase, i mean when does exactly Lana whine? When she wants the man she loves to be honest with her?? Call me crazy but ladies don't we all want honesty from our men???

Comment

She could try picking men who are honest from the getgo like Pete instead of stalking them for years. Whitney finally did tell the damn truth and she pooed on him.

Clark is a damn proven liar.

It's like a woman who pines after a man who treats her rough. Sure no woman deserves to be banged on like a drum but she does have to get it through her head that he's not going to change and that she needs to LEAVE him the second she can.

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
                        She could try picking men who are honest from the getgo like Pete instead of stalking them for years. Whitney finally did tell the damn truth and she pooed on him.

Clark is a damn proven liar.

It's like a woman who pines after a man who treats her rough. Sure no woman deserves to be banged on like a drum but she does have to get it through her head that he's not going to change and that she needs to LEAVE him the second she can.
                        Oh, I completely agree. However, there are many, many women who are in non-healthy relationships.....MANY. Sadly, that is fairly common. Yes, it is her fault for not leaving the situation, but sometimes your "love" for someone blinds you. Things are not always so clear. It's always easier to look at a relationship from the outside and see what is wrong than it is when you're in the relationship.

Comment

It's the writers fault they have made some of us dislike her.

This back and forward thing, I love you I hate you drama isn't for me but I guess it prolongs the final season I guess but not to the point they lose all the fans I hope

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
                            What do you mean by "whine?"
                            Yeah, true. However, normal people flip-flop as well. You, me, and everyone else have opinions based on information that we obtain. As that information changes, our opinions change. We flip-flop. It's a natural reaction to learning information. Besides being pron to being knocked out, I haven't seen her doing anything a normal person wouldn't do. Although I wouldn't be persistent, I too would want to know Clark's secrets. I too hate being lied to.
                            Touche.

You're right whine was the wrong word. B**ch is probably closer to what I was looking for.

Look I'm not disagreeing that Clark hasn't been entirely honest, and that in and of itself does admitedly deserve AT LEAST some frustration from Lana, but when I say "whine" (or that other more 'colourful' metaphor which I refrence in the last paragraph) I'm not saying she just complains at Clark, but EVERYONE.

For instance 'Sneeze' Lana found out that Lex had security camera's in her room. Now personally I don't think it's that big a deal since she's moved in with him, but for the sake of argument I'm going to concede that she had a right to be ticked off. When she tells Lex she wants all the camera's in the mansion gone Lex responds " the Camera's in your room will be gone by the end of the day, but the rest stay". Which is more than reasonable since this is a man who's life has been taken more times than anyone I've ever even HEARD of in real life. But Lana give hims this pouty face like he doesn't love her enough. And later during that same day when Clark comes to save Lex she assumes he's here for his own selfish purposes (which was kind of true, but she didn't know that), and then started asking him questions that were actually none of her business.

Later on in 'Hydro' Lana goes to Chloe and accuses her of keeping secrets (regarding Clark), which was true, but in this case Chloe was completely justified in keeping these secrets because they weren't any of Lana's beeswax, AND Chloe had not lied about them in the first place. In fact that whole conversation came out of nowhere.

Another thing is while its true that people in real life to flip flop emotionally a bit, but in the case of a television show, to have your charectars just wig out (ALL the time) for no reason is bad bad writing. I don't care so much if there is a reason for people to act out of charectar from time to time (even though that can be a bad crutch when used too often), but I need there to be a good reason, and for it to be well executed. Red-K is a good example of someone acting out of charectar for a reason, but with weak writing and poor execution to pull it off.

In the Long run I have problems with about 80 to 90 percent of the charectars due to sloppy writing, but as it stands Lana's charectar has been the worst casualty.

Comment

Heres why I hate Lana:

1) She is so blah. In that I mean she has no sense of humor, she seems to never smile.

2)She not self reliant. She needs people to help her make up her mind. It like shes five can't make her own descions.

3)Now shes become a liar and untrustworthy friend. She'll do anything to get her way or get what she wants. Even if that means putting her friends in harms way(Putting Chloe in the wine cellar)

4)Just annoying. I really can't explane

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎