No announcement yet.

What did you hate about "Promise"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
    Clark finally backed off from Lana after Lex informed him that Lana's pregnant. That's just not the superhero thing to do, it's the decent human being thing to do. The game was over (Hydro). And now it suddenly doesn't matter anymore?
    And her reasoning for leaving Lex is rather weak is it not? She learns that Clark still cares for her and that he's a meteor freak. And suddenly that's a good enough reason for her leaving Lex? It's not like Clark finally opened up to her or anything. She had to trick him inot revealing his powers, for crying out loud!
    I think the problem for me was it just felt like another case of "we have a big episode alot of crap has to happen to make it dramatic", even if it doesn't really make sense. If either of them wanted to be together, did they have to wait till the last possible minute for instance.

Comment

• Everything. For one thing, it never occurred to Lana to trick Clark into revealing his secret until a few hours before her (at the time) totally consensual marriage to Lex? The whole episode was one contrivance after another, full of characters being twisted in order to serve the writers' agenda. (okay, so that's was they're always there for, technically, but most of the time you don't 'see' the writers' hands quite so transparently)

Comment

• Too emotionally painful to even watch, (but I still watched it)

All of it, Mostly Lana's poor judgment, a heartbroken Clark, Lex's satisfied Smug at Clark in the ending and Clark's and Lana's melancholiac expressions at each other ( that ending was too emotional, I felt so very sad for Clark, he didn't deserve to go through that much emotional pain and turmoil that Lex and Lana have caused him. Clark doesn't deserve them if this is how they treat him with resentment, disrespect and ingratitude. Lex and Lana are both ingrates. Nothing is ever good enough for them, they're never satisfied at least they get honesty) the things that I liked about this episode is Lionel's disappointment and disgust of Lex, you can see it on his face, I can sense the Lionel and Lana conspiracy is in the works. Martha's compassion and sympathy for her adopted son is very heart warming I can see her empathetic and sympathetic face when she looks at Clark in the back of the church watching the Lexana with a broken heart.
        Last edited by laurarawlins; 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎