Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars Cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There may be good news, im from England and they have just started showing it to us on E4. maybe now they have the british behind it they will make more seasons. We have just hit season 2 but it is on every day so will soon be through it.

Comment

• there is no chance of that happening. The show has been off the air for 3 years at this point all of the actors have moved on, there was some talk of a movie but that has died off. So enjoy it while it's on

Comment

• They ad the right idea with the season 4 pitch. Blow off the whole cast, set it a little in the future and make it fresh. I would have enjoyed Veronica Mars, Jr G-Girl.

Comment

• It's hard to tell the actual 20min pitch that is on the dvd is just ok, honestly the father/daugther relationship between Veronica and Keith was the heart and soul of the show to lose it would be a huge loss. Also the way the third season ended there were alot of issues to reslove the time jump would have left them all open, I just don,t see people wanting to seen Veronica Mars FBI any more than they did the old show.

Comment

• My friend recommended me this, and I got to say... I just finished season two and I love it! One of my favorite shows. I'm so bummed I caught onto it a few years too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by kernel_thai
              They ad the right idea with the season 4 pitch. Blow off the whole cast, set it a little in the future and make it fresh. I would have enjoyed Veronica Mars, Jr G-Girl.
              I disagree. I thought the VM:FBI presentation was one of the worst pieces of television I'd ever seen, and it was just a desperate attempt to extend the series even longer. I fell in love with VM BECAUSE of the supporting cast. To try and continue without them seemed pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by KryptonSite
                I disagree. I thought the VM:FBI presentation was one of the worst pieces of television I'd ever seen, and it was just a desperate attempt to extend the series even longer. I fell in love with VM BECAUSE of the supporting cast. To try and continue without them seemed pointless.
                Exactly and if the movie ever gets made it better have the supporting cast in it if it is to be any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by KryptonSite
                  Originally posted by kernel_thai
                  They ad the right idea with the season 4 pitch. Blow off the whole cast, set it a little in the future and make it fresh. I would have enjoyed Veronica Mars, Jr G-Girl.
                  First of all, I think Keith would have been on the new show. Ur right about that being the key relationship. The key character to be cut was Jason Dohring. He was wonderful on the show but the relationship was played out and VM needed to move on.

As for the pitch, it was very contrived. Im guessing it was written and produced very quickly. Basically it wasnt ready for prime time. Still, I loved the concept. It took the smartest girl in Neptune and thru her into the real world. Sure it wouldnt have had the charm of the original concept but they couldnt have kept doing season after season of the same thing anyway. I would have like to seen a few fleshed out eps just to see what they could come up with.

Comment

• Question

All I want is to ask whether anyone knows...
                    If VM's 4th season is cancelled, then why do I find unaired trailers of it in youtube?
                    Season 4 trailer for Veronica Mars. The series got cancelled after season 3, but this trailer was made. Part 1 of the video, part 2 is here: http://www.youtu...

Using this link you can see an example.

Comment

• 3 years too late.

Comment

• Might be late but still interested......
                        Anything except that we hear K. as the voice at G.G.?

Comment

• Originally posted by hazell25
                          All I want is to ask whether anyone knows...
                          If VM's 4th season is cancelled, then why do I find unaired trailers of it in youtube?
                          Season 4 trailer for Veronica Mars. The series got cancelled after season 3, but this trailer was made. Part 1 of the video, part 2 is here: http://www.youtu...

Using this link you can see an example.
                          If this is the FBI thing, it isnt really a trailer. After VM was canceled Rob Thomas (the creator) filmed and pitched an idea to save the show by setting it a few years in the future and making VM a rookie FBI agent. This is the pitch, which failed, but the piece was on the s3 DVD, hence it endures.

Comment

• mod edit
                            Last edited by Sugar; 01-16-2012, 08:16 PM. Reason: rule 16

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎