No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars Cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars Cancelled?

The day we’ve all dreaded has come, tubers.

With actual tears in my eyes, I must tell you that I’ve heard from several solid sources that the CW has decided not to bring Veronica Mars back for a fourth season.

Though official word has not yet come down from the network, I did hear from creator Rob Thomas earlier this week, who told me things weren’t looking good: “I’ve never been less certain of our fate. I’m afraid I’ve gone from cautiously optimistic to something less than that.”

More on this later. I’m just too distraught to write more right now.

Source: E! Online

Well Frack! I'm just sad now..Death to the CW..I hope they contract clamidiya and die!
    I loved my Dark Angel...cancelled..
    loved BTVS..has a good run..
    Smallville..eh..well..this season kinda sucks...

I've read this several places now..what can we do? I'm still hopeful that something will happen and it won't be true..Denial..
    How will they end this season? With Veronica getting hit by a car on her way to be with Logan..Keith gets shot..ahhh I can't deal with a cliffhanger..we also need LoVe closure!

I'm sooooo sad...oh yeah death to "America's next stripper" as well..who watches that crap...anyways..

I'll miss you Veronica..you'll always be smarter than me!

Comment

This is terrible news!

Comment

I hope it doesnt happen but it seems pretty likely.

Comment

It was just a rumor! But Rob Thomas would be smart to move the show to another network like when Joss Whedon took Buffy and Angel to Fox.

Get the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces! Check out our breaking stories on Hollywood's hottest stars!

Comment

A rumor maybe..but still could happen..I feel sick..I've never loved a show so much...

Comment

I am sickened by the fact that so many fans (on cwtv.com) wouldn't care if VM was cancelled, as long as Jason Dohring gets his own spinoff. They also call Veronica a ***** and try to make Logan look like a saint.
              What is up with those Jason fanatics/ Logan Lust-ers?
              Logan should just be killed off, and then we'll see the true fans!

Comment

Oh My! My little heart aches...aches I tell you! Go over to E! online and flood the comments section of Kristen's lastest blog updating our shows fate! A.Cancelled! aahhh! B. Stays the same..err one mystery per ep.. C. Fast Forward 4 Years! Veronica working for the FBI..wtf..I can deal with this I suppose..I would watch the show if they had all the characters sitting around telling yo mamma jokes!....Am I the only one feeling so distraght over here?!?

Where the frak can I get my hands on a Nielson Box! Ratings are so gay...

Comment

Here's what he has to say:

CW Pitting Mars vs Girls?
                  And while we're clearing up false rumors, let me set the record straight about all this Veronica Mars fourth-season flash-forward business. Contrary to reports, Rob Thomas' retooled Mars would not take place at an FBI Academy, with Veronica serving as a trainee. Our favorite snarky sleuth would be an actual agent. Personally, I love the idea — even though it would probably trigger a major cast purge.

There's also a rumor floating around that Mars' fate rests in the hands of Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Maybe, maybe not. While one insider says, "Clearly, Gilmore Girls not coming back would help Veronica Mars a lot," still another insists, "One has absolutely nothing to do with the other."

Either way, let's hope this whole mess gets resolved sooner rather than later. My faint heart can only take so much.

Of course, if we had to pick Girls or Mars, which one would we save and why? Cast your vote below! (I have it on good authority that this column is required reading for Dawn Ostroff.)

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                    http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049

Here's what he has to say:

And while we're clearing up false rumors, let me set the record straight about all this Veronica Mars fourth-season flash-forward business. Contrary to reports, Rob Thomas' retooled Mars would not take place at an FBI Academy, with Veronica serving as a trainee. Our favorite snarky sleuth would be an actual agent. Personally, I love the idea — even though it would probably trigger a major cast purge.

No VM vs. VM as a feeb? What's the problem?

As to cast purge, probably complete, with the possible exception of Colantoni, and even he would probably be only in one or two eps, unless VM conveniently got stationed in San Diego.

Wallace should build planes or play in the Italian basketball league, Logan should move to Hollywood, and Mac should go work for some computer company. Of the three, Mac's the only character I'ld miss and she's hardly in the show now.

I don't watch Gilmore Girls.

Comment

Bad news indeed. However, not completely surprising, IMO...
                      Seriously, I think the guys who run CW are idiots.
                      They are ruining Smallville as well, this season.

Comment

VM isn't officially cancelled according to E! Online's blogger. There is still time to send in a "Save Veronica" postcard. (This column has the address & info.)
                        Get the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces! Check out our breaking stories on Hollywood's hottest stars!

Kristin's Blog
                        Friday, 12:08 p.m.: The CW rep for Veronica Mars tells me: "The show has not been canceled. A decision will be made at the Upfront on May 17."

Sources tell me that the show is most likely to come back in its new FBI format (described below) or not return at all.

Comment

I LOVE the time jump idea! I was so excited. Veronica will be able to dive into more serious situations/plots. Which means she will be going all Jack Baurer. I think this is a good move. And it has never been done. Go Roni! I hope the fans get to see the "tailer" Rob is making.

Comment

i cant believe they may cancel 'v' they havent even shown it over here in the UK yet they may get better ratings the british are dying to see season 3!

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark ... Veronica will be able to dive into more serious situations/plots. Which means she will be going all Jack Bauer. I think this is a good move. And it has never been done. Go Roni! I hope the fans get to see the "trailer" Rob is making.
                              Hm, tracking down a mass murderer isn't serious enough for you???

As for going Jack Bauer, I think the feebs Mirandize suspects, not kneecap them. Plus I know VM is "hardboiled" but I have a hard time imaging her doing some of the stuff Bauer does.

I also would like to see that "trailer".

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎