Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings For Promise

Post television ratings, NOT HOW YOU RATE THE EPISODE, here.

I hope the episode does well in ratings. those episodes after justice were all steady so hopefully this episode will be the same. just wondering how bad that 3 week break effects the ratings.

Comment

It isnt going to break any records. 1st they had a very long break and ppl forgot or moved on. 2nd I havent seen much radio or tv advertising

Comment

ive actually seen the trailer on tv a lot the past few days, they started breaking them down into scenes..im worried that this will be like one big tease for people since we only have one more eppy and then another break...

Comment

They have pimped this episode a lot of televison. Especially during ANTM and PCDP.

Comment

Let's do a little competition roundup, shall we?

SMALLVILLE 4.76 million viewers
            GILMORE GIRLS 4.47 million viewers
            AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL 4.46 million viewers
            FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN 4.34 million viewers
            PUSSYCAT DOLLS PRESENTS 3.93 million viewers
            7TH HEAVEN 3.57 million viewers
            SUPERNATURAL 3.03 million viewers
            ONE TREE HILL 2.89 million viewers
            VERONICA MARS 2.66 million viewers

Hooray! Smallville is now The CW's number one show, scripted or unscripted. Those are the ratings for Freak, by the way. The ratings for the other shows are from their last new respective episodes, since quite a few of them are on hiatus. Veronica Mars is on an 8 (eight) week hiatus.

The CW has been running a commercial for Pussycat Dolls Presents that says the show has been pulling in over 10 million viewers. I'm pretty sure they pulled that lie out of their ass, because no show on The CW is raking in those kinds of numbers.

Variety reports that Gilmore Girls (contract disputes), Veronica Mars (failure to improve), and 7th Heaven (it's way overdue) are all potential candidates for cancellation. The cancellation of the latter is almost guaranteed. Again. I'd be happy to see One Tree Hill go.

I'm glad to see that America's Next Top Model isn't breaking 5 million viewers a week any more, because from what I've seen of this season, it really, really sucks.

This week, Promise faces some new competition.

ABC
            UGLY BETTY 13.66 million viewers

CBS
            NCAA BASKETBALL

NBC
            THE OFFICE (repeat)

FOX
            ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER? 20.66 million viewers

Ugly Betty is the same threat it's been all season, NCAA Basketball is on for a few weeks instead of Survivor: Fiji, a one hour repeat of The Office is on NBC, and FOX's new powerhouse game show Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? is now in Smallville's time slot.

Note: Those Ugly Betty ratings are from it's last new episode (February 15) and 5th Grader's ratings are from last week.

Now, I'm not sure how 5th Grader's ratings will fare now that it doesn't have American Idol as it's lead in, but the name alone and viewers from previous weeks are definitely factors to consider. FOX was smart to give it a good launching point audience by letting it ride on AI's wave of success.

I'm on the fence. If Promise does well, then good for Smallville! But... then the Goughlar will think that this is what we've been craving. And this is not what I'm craving. I want it to do well because it's my show, but I also want it to do bad so it'll send a message to TPTB.

Taking into account that NBC has a repeat on and that it's a wedding episode, Promise might do pretty well. Because let's face it, even the crappiest of shows get a ratings boost from a wedding episode. Plus, this episode has been promoted intensely for the past two weeks. Ratings for repeats of The Office vary by a wide margin for some reason, going from 6.52 million viewers two weeks ago to 4.67 million viewers last week.

Comment

So ugly betty beats a young superman - its not fair !!!!

Comment

Ugly Betty is a stupid show.

Comment

I can't believe people would rather see idiots prove they are idiots then smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
                    Let's do a little competition roundup, shall we?

SMALLVILLE 4.76 million viewers
                    GILMORE GIRLS 4.47 million viewers
                    AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL 4.46 million viewers
                    FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN 4.34 million viewers
                    PUSSYCAT DOLLS PRESENTS 3.93 million viewers
                    7TH HEAVEN 3.57 million viewers
                    SUPERNATURAL 3.03 million viewers
                    ONE TREE HILL 2.89 million viewers
                    VERONICA MARS 2.66 million viewers

Hooray! Smallville is now The CW's number one show, scripted or unscripted. Those are the ratings for Freak, by the way. The ratings for the other shows are from their last new respective episodes, since quite a few of them are on hiatus. Veronica Mars is on an 8 (eight) week hiatus.

The CW has been running a commercial for Pussycat Dolls Presents that says the show has been pulling in over 10 million viewers. I'm pretty sure they pulled that lie out of their ass, because no show on The CW is raking in those kinds of numbers.

Variety reports that Gilmore Girls (contract disputes), Veronica Mars (failure to improve), and 7th Heaven (it's way overdue) are all potential candidates for cancellation. The cancellation of the latter is almost guaranteed. Again. I'd be happy to see One Tree Hill go.

I'm glad to see that America's Next Top Model isn't breaking 5 million viewers a week any more, because from what I've seen of this season, it really, really sucks.

This week, Promise faces some new competition.

ABC
                    UGLY BETTY 13.66 million viewers

CBS
                    NCAA BASKETBALL

NBC
                    THE OFFICE (repeat)

FOX
                    ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER? 20.66 million viewers

Ugly Betty is the same threat it's been all season, NCAA Basketball is on for a few weeks instead of Survivor: Fiji, a one hour repeat of The Office is on NBC, and FOX's new powerhouse game show Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? is now in Smallville's time slot.

Note: Those Ugly Betty ratings are from it's last new episode (February 15) and 5th Grader's ratings are from last week.

Now, I'm not sure how 5th Grader's ratings will fare now that it doesn't have American Idol as it's lead in, but the name alone and viewers from previous weeks are definitely factors to consider. FOX was smart to give it a good launching point audience by letting it ride on AI's wave of success.

I'm on the fence. If Promise does well, then good for Smallville! But... then the Goughlar will think that this is what we've been craving. And this is not what I'm craving. I want it to do well because it's my show, but I also want it to do bad so it'll send a message to TPTB.

Taking into account that NBC has a repeat on and that it's a wedding episode, Promise might do pretty well. Because let's face it, even the crappiest of shows get a ratings boost from a wedding episode. Plus, this episode has been promoted intensely for the past two weeks. Ratings for repeats of The Office vary by a wide margin for some reason, going from 6.52 million viewers two weeks ago to 4.67 million viewers last week.

YES SMALLVILLE KICKED ASS YES IM SO HAPPY

Comment

Ugly betty is a story very much like Rocky... the underdog that wins!... SUPERMAN IS NOT AN UNDERDOG.

People tend to identify themselves with lesser people. Most people have a very low self esteem. Making a show like that, where someone can change and be big no matter what the circumstances are, means a lot to many people.

Last time I checked, i never saw a flying man on my town when the woman fell of the bridge... Yeah, thats right.. SHE DIED...

There are no immortals either.

But there are many MANY and i MEAN MANY UGLY women in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberFireTiger
                        I can't believe people would rather see idiots prove they are idiots then smallville.
                        We live in a world full of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Raging Clue
                          We live in a world full of them.
                          You're right about that.

Comment

Do you think Smallville would do better on ABC, CBS or NBC?

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville's Oracle
                              Do you think Smallville would do better on ABC, CBS or NBC?
                              i think if you put any decent show on the CW, the rating wouldnt be higher than a 7. Name recognition is everything, and the big 3 (or 4 with fox) have it. Granted some shows on these networks do worst ratings than smallville, but if smallville is doing well on the CW and is cracking the top 100 in ratings, it would definately be at the worst top 75 on another main network

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎