Special Effects of Promise.....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarks faster then a bullet u dont see waves come off a bullet, so it just lana pov his to fast to be seen

Comment

Anyone remember Chloe's POV when Clark caught the car and showed him speed off and her reaction of him running at those speeds? I sure do...

Comment

I liked it, but for a moment I thought it was a mistake. But then I thought it was very unlikly they forgot to put it in.

I guess it didn't occur to them to omit the blur effect for Chloe's moment of discovery. The blur is probably for our benefit, an observing character wouldn't see it. Superman wouldn't be seen much speeding off either unless he's landing or catching an aircraft or something. If they followed this logic in the movies we'd miss out on some pretty cool flying shots.

Comment

yea, that is a good point, because when i saw that, I didn't know what to think... but about him in his barn when he was waiting for lana, I think he was actually in more of a hurry than usual because of the circumstances...

Comment

There was an early episode where he supersped in front of everybody at the front of smallville high. Nobody noticed.

Or the one with Mr. Mxyzptlk, where he's the centre of attention on the football field, and it he superspeeds around to save Chloe and beat the crap out of Mr. Mxyzptlk before going back to take his place on the football field.

Human beings can't see the motion blur. Usually we're given a sort of omniscient perspective and we can see it, even when the relevant characters cannot. But here just about everything was viewed through Lana's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by stealingclark
              Yes, I noticed that as well. "POP!" and hes gone, no streaks.

It kind of reminded me of my Harry Potter days when I used to read about people apparating, hehehe.

Comment

Routh, I think you are being to kind!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wrong
                  Routh, I think you are being to kind!!
                  I think he is too.

Comment

if you remember Perry from Season 4, when Clark had a burst and ran at superspeed, Perry said that it looked like he disappeared. And In Reckoning when Lana was killed, Lex just saw Clark appear on the road.

We only see the streaks because the viewer is supposed to see them to illustrate the speed. But streaks don't happen in real life. Lana saw his speed like Chloe sees it. I don't even think people can see the heat vision either.

Comment

I still think it was a mistake, and if it wasn't and they meant to do that then it goes against everytime he has sped away, rather it be someone watching him do it or a camera catching it and seeing a blur.

What about the wind gust that he puts off they didn't even show that.

Comment

I think it was a mistake. Humans can see blur. Try shaking your hand as fast as you can in front of your face, you'll see some blur.

Comment

Originally posted by pissedoff
                          I still think it was a mistake, and if it wasn't and they meant to do that then it goes against everytime he has sped away, rather it be someone watching him do it or a camera catching it and seeing a blur.
                          Those times it was still our point of view. In this case it was specifically Lana's. I personally think that is a mistake too big to be missed in editing.

Comment

Yea the whole effect thing in the cellar was due to we were seeing it through Lana's eyes, and we wouldn't see anything,
                            when we saw Chloe find out and we saw the effect it was because we were watching Chloe and Clark,
                            I think that was great!

Originally posted by pissedoff

What about the wind gust that he puts off they didn't even show that.
                            yes they did, they showed Chloe hair flip as if wind passed by..how did you not see that lol

Originally posted by shadow4486
                            if you remember Perry from Season 4, when Clark had a burst and ran at superspeed, Perry said that it looked like he disappeared. And In Reckoning when Lana was killed, Lex just saw Clark appear on the road.

We only see the streaks because the viewer is supposed to see them to illustrate the speed. But streaks don't happen in real life. Lana saw his speed like Chloe sees it. I don't even think people can see the heat vision either.
                            yea im not sure either, but in Lana's case we did. I would think you would be able to see it bc haha one day your gonna walk through Superman heat vision and be burned..
                            haha
                            Last edited by svsabbiesv; 03-16-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioflyer
                              I liked it, but for a moment I thought it was a mistake. But then I thought it was very unlikly they forgot to put it in.

I guess it didn't occur to them to omit the blur effect for Chloe's moment of discovery. The blur is probably for our benefit, an observing character wouldn't see it. Superman wouldn't be seen much speeding off either unless he's landing or catching an aircraft or something. If they followed this logic in the movies we'd miss out on some pretty cool flying shots.
                              Yeah, I can almost picture someone in the editing room, saying "hey, you know what? Leave off the blur this time...this is from Lana's view! That would be cool, huh????"

Comment

Originally posted by wski440
                                Yea, those effects were good, but the special effects department forgot to add the speeding clark when he ran from the cellar from lana's point of view
                                Yup I saw it, a oopsy I would say.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎