Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects of Promise.....

What did you think of the effects in this episode?

The effects with the steel door in the wine cellar were pretty good. Stegnth, heat vision, and speed within 30 seconds. Not bad.

Comment

Yea, those effects were good, but the special effects department forgot to add the speeding clark when he ran from the cellar from lana's point of view

Comment

effects mistake???

did anyone notice the second time clark sped out of wine cellar... did they cut out the speed effect by mistake???

Comment

That bothered me as well. Perhaps they were showing it from Lana's point of view where she just saw Clark disappear since she's not used to people superspeeding away from her? I don't know.

Comment

i think it was on purpose....Lana wouldn't know what she was looking at...so it would just come off like he disappeared into thin air.

Still i guess we'll see if they change it for the DVDs to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wski440
              Yea, those effects were good, but the special effects department forgot to add the speeding clark when he ran from the cellar from lana's point of view
              Yes, I noticed that as well. "POP!" and hes gone, no streaks.

Comment

Is it just me or did it look like Clark moved faster during superspeed in this episode. Like the second time Chloe was talking to Clark and Lana saw him speed away you couoldn't see anything. Then when he left the barn the bac tracks were white and looked faster.

Comment

I noticed that too. It looks like he just disappears into thin air and then someone blows a puff of wind into Chloe's hair.

Comment

They never change the DVDs from what actually aired. They don't have to, in this case.

We were in Lana's POV, and normal humans can't see the blur. It was very intentional, and I thought it was a nice touch.

The rest of the episode sucked Shelby's balls, though.

Comment

LOL, they run out of VFX budget for this episode? I thought my TV just glitched and skipped a couple frames (I was running a couple minutes behind on Tivo)

Comment

Yeah i was wondering about that too. Maybe they ran out of money for the effect. Who knows?

Comment

For some reason I think that Clark's speed has increased because when he left the barn to the wedding his bactracks were white, not the usual blur and it looked like he moved faster.

Comment

or maybe its how the speed effect is seen by observers

Comment

No I think they were just showing it from Lana's perspective, she can't see the blur.
                              Last edited by bball44j; 03-15-2007, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎