Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.16 - Roadkill

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked how they told this episode's story different. We were kind of following it from Molly's point of view, and I like how they later kind of included the boys usual pov, they had them pretend to be someone else and get information ect.

One of my favorite lines no one mentioned:

Dean: Your like... an enclyopedia of weird.
    Sam: No kidding. (I think that's his reply)

Comment

Originally posted by Ireallylikethisshow
      One of my favorite lines no one mentioned:

Dean: Your like... an enclyopedia of weird.
      Sam: No kidding. (I think that's his reply)
      I really liked that one too. I loved Sam's reply. And the one when Dean ran in to save Molly and she was like, "oh, thank God!" and Dean said "call me Dean." was really funny too. It reminded my of the part in Superman II when Zod thinks someone is refering to him when they say "oh my God!" and he says "it's Zod."

Comment

Good episode! Definitely filler, but good filler. I'm with those who didn't see the "twist" coming. The writers definitely did a great job. I knew something was up just based on the way Sam and Dean were acting, but didn't know exactly what it was.

Anyway, it was very entertaining!

I posted this is the ratings thread also, but this episode got 3.54 million viewers!! That's really great and improved over the last episode by something like 500,000 viewers. Anyway, I got really excited when I saw those numbers. If SPN can keep that up, it should be a lock for renewal.

Comment

it'd better.

Dean: Your like a walking enclyopedia or weird.
          Sam: *looks like he's about to say somthing about that then changes his mind* ....Yeah. No kidding.

^ awesome.

Comment

Good episode. Didn't see it coming. Sixth sense for you.

Comment

This episode was really good. I also got the "Sixth Sense" vibe from it- especially the part about ghosts seeing what they want to see and the episode's conclusion- but it didn't bother me because I love that movie.

The funny part is, granted that The Sixth Sense is one of my favorite "scary" movies, I was still oblivous to the fact that Molly was dead (just as I was the first time I saw the movie!)...I think that shows the show has good writers. I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the actor who played David? Because I know I've seen him before and I just can't place it, but only Jared, Jensen and Tricia Helfter are listed in the cast section on imdb, so I can't just look there like I normally do when this stuff happens.

Comment

This was a vere good episodes!! One of my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by that girl
                    Does anyone know the name of the actor who played David? Because I know I've seen him before and I just can't place it, but only Jared, Jensen and Tricia Helfter are listed in the cast section on imdb, so I can't just look there like I normally do when this stuff happens.
                    I've seen him before as well and I can't remember where the hell from

Comment

I can't find metion of him anyhere, maybe at the start of the epicode there might have been something?

Comment

I thought Road Kill was pretty good.
                        It was nice to see the boys go back to an old fashioned hunt, salt and burn. (It's been a while since they've used the ol' rock salt, it seems to me!)

I didn't care much for Tricia (sorry BSG fans) but Molly was an interesting character.
                        I had a personal theory that it would turn out that David was 'Farmer RoadKill' or possessed by him or something and was the manifestation but the other twist was cool.

And while it was nice to have a minor break from the whole 'Sam's Destiny' storylilne I much prefer it when the focus is on the brothers more. Sam and Dean almost felt like guest stars in their own show.

I know that Kripke has said that every once in awhile he wants to do an episode where new viewers can jump in and get it (and this was a good one for that. I would recommend it as the episode to show oncoming SPN fans. I think maybe it was contrived that way since they are trying so hard to get new viewers to save the show and get a 3rd season. Pretty shrewd of Kripke actually.).
                        But I'd rather get away from the filler and back to the main story.

ANd now it's time for quotes! yay!

Molly: "Oh my God!"
                        Dean: "You can call me Dean."

Molly: We always seem to fight in the car."
                        Sam: "Tell me about it. I know what you mean." (or however those lines go. Sam's tone of voice.... )

Dean: "Smells like old woman in here. And that would be why."

Dean: "Whoops."

Dean: "Follow the creepy brick road."

Dean: "Hurry up, Sam!"

And that line that I honestly can't even paraphrase right now, when Dean returns to the Impala and says something like "nice to be back Baby" or whatever. I thought for a moment that he was going to kiss the Metallicar!

Oh and one other thing:
                        the 'Haley Joel' line (which I did not get the Sixth Sense connection until i just read through all these posts *is kinda slow sometimes*) was also cute because of the continuity. Remember if you will that Dean has called him that once before.
                        In Asylum:
                        "Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel."

A good episode and nicely suspenseful but it's time to get back to the good stuff Kripke!

Comment

this eppy was pretty good IMO. I dint realized Molly was dead all along I dint see that comin

i also like how sensitive Sam is and Dean bein an a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                            I've seen him before as well and I can't remember where the hell from
                            I think he might be one of the many SPN/SV crossovers but I'm wracking my brain and coming up with nothing. It's seriously driving my crazy. But thanks for letting me know I'm not just going crazy, Lexgirl.

Comment

I loved the part when the farmer dude had Molly and then the camera pans and shows Dean and he says "Whoops!" and shoots the rock salt at him

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                                This ep was entertaining, a bit of a filler for me... a good episode for someone new to the show or this genre.
                                5 minutes into the show I guessed that Molly was dead.
                                and again i'm not hating on this ep..it was just predictable.
                                Yeah, i'm with you there. I guessed that she was dead too. Lol, actually in Sixth Sense I wasn't shocked when Bruces character turned out to be dead too. I did like Molly's character in this though, I like the change of POV this episode has that it's from Molly's not the boys. I also really like Sam in this episode, he was so sweet.

I guess different people thought different episodes are predictable.

Also that song that kept coming on in the radio, now it's stuck in my head and i don't even know what it's singing
                                Last edited by Daddylion; 03-17-2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎