No announcement yet.

how did sylar know?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did sylar know?

at the end of parasite sylar said 2 peter `i remember u,u can do what i can do.i`d like 2 c how that works`

how did sylar know that peter could use telekinesis?he didnt use it in texas,he didnt even use it until he was training with claude on the Deveaux building.what do u guys think cuz i got nothin

Maybe he meant in general (Peter has an ability), not TK specifically. Sylar doesn't discriminate amongst those with abilities, he wants them all. Doesn't he say something similar "I'd like to see how that works" to alot of his victims before he kills them.

Comment

i think he knew that peter can get a lot of powers like him, because in homecoming i think it was peter used his tk to move the lockers when sylar like threw them at him, and then he healed himself when they fell off the building.

Comment

There are a couple of reasons.. One Sylar remembers EVERYTHING since he took Charlie's powers in midland Texas and remembers everything that peter did, possibly putting it all together that both of them can take on multiple powers.

Another possible explanation is that Sylar's original power of seeing how things work and comprehending might have by now evolved to the point where he only needs to see you to understand your power.. but that is purely a guess.

Another thing is he didn't mention telekinesis, he just said he was like him.. most likely referring to taking others powers somehow. He may not know what powers he possesses specifically, but knows he can take on others.

Comment

If Sylar can recognize people with abilities and can tell what those abilities are, I think he would be very interested to figure out how he could gather more abilities w/o actually cutting peoples heads open. One can only assume that the constant rewiring that he does to his own brain will have some effect on him sooner or later. So to be able to absorb abilities instead of manufacturing them is good for him.

Comment

quote from UDstyle `Another thing is he didn't mention telekinesis, he just said he was like him.. most likely referring to taking others powers somehow. He may not know what powers he possesses specifically, but knows he can take on others.`

no he didnt say telekinesis he said `u can do what i can do.` same thing

Comment

Originally posted by phantom222

no he didnt say telekinesis he said `u can do what i can do.` same thing
              Nah not really.. It's vague and you can interpret Sylar saying "You can do what I can do" in two different ways:

1) That he meant Peter could perform telekinesis or another specific power Sylar pocesses. But not for knowledge on Sylar's part that peter can mimic powers gained from other 'Heroes'.

2) That Peter too can take on powers from other 'Heroes'. This would make Sylar's knowledge or lack thereof pertaining to Peter's ability to perform telekinesis irrelevant. Any power Sylar has would be Peter's by way of contact. This would be the more likely meaning.
              Last edited by UDStyle; 03-15-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

im pretty sure the "you can do what i can do" meant that he just had powers... but it also couldve meant that he can do TK or can have more then 1 ability, but it doesnt really matter cause he still gets his messed up by peter

Comment

Maybe there are deleted scenes from "Homecoming" that would explain that better. Of course we will have to wait for the DVD before we will know if I am even close to correct.

So I just rewatched the part with lockers and it actually looked like Peter blocked them with TK. They went clear around him. Sylar is to controlled to have missed, so I think Peter did use TK.
                  Last edited by chrisxs5; 03-16-2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUZZYWOOKIEE
                    If Sylar can recognize people with abilities and can tell what those abilities are, I think he would be very interested to figure out how he could gather more abilities w/o actually cutting peoples heads open. One can only assume that the constant rewiring that he does to his own brain will have some effect on him sooner or later. So to be able to absorb abilities instead of manufacturing them is good for him.
                    maybe he enjoys cutting peoples heads open

Comment

no he did use telekinesis to deflect the lockers.i watched it again and saw it.

Comment

He meant is as they both have the ability to absorb people's abilities, they just have different ways of being able to do it.

Comment

Yeah, the first few minutes after I saw that eppy, I immediately wondered how he could have known. And then I remembered the locker and campus scene. Also, to add, Sylar already has an idea pretty much where each hero is, thanks to Suresh so that wasn't a strange knowledge to have.
                          Last edited by shansgrl; 03-29-2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                            He meant is as they both have the ability to absorb people's abilities, they just have different ways of being able to do it.
                            Actual Sylar doesnt absorb peoples powers he acquires them. But he was talking about the telekinisis and not anything else.

Originally posted by Neptunite
                            Yeah, the first few minutes after I saw that eppy, I immediately wondered how he could have known. And then I remembered the locker and campus scene. Also, to add, Sylar already has an idea pretty much where each hero is, thanks to Suresh so that wasn't a strange knowledge to have.

----------
                            Why match when you can itzamatch?
                            True but he doesnt have everyones pictures to identify them. Plus he doesnt know \Peters name or anything like that yet.
                            Last edited by chrisxs5; 03-29-2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎