Collapse
No announcement yet.

really stupid episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylars had his power for Over six moths now, Using it frequently. His skills with Telekenisis alone are far superior to Peters. He's also gained contoll of more offensive powers than peter. Just the same the only inclination that Peter could get that he was in any throuble was Mohinder pinned to the roof, which if anything, I think, would confuse the hell out of you. Peter can't fight sylar as is, at least not win, not without understanding his powers better, or being very lucky.

Peter couldn't have saved Simmone like that, Just like when Hiro tried to save Charlie. Like Hiro said, The power is bigger than them.

The only mistake Bennet made was not knowing his wife from an imposter, which seems like a very foolish thing to do, considering he should be smarter than that. But the note and everything made perfect sense.

Comment

Re: Re: really stupid episode

Originally posted by Lambshank
      Ummm... can I ask is English your first language? Because if it is you should at least show the common decency of making your posts readable, especially since the points you make are completely ridiculous and barely thought out...
      Co-sign! I had to get a few things straight here. This guy's topic is exclaiming that the episode was stupid, while I found the episode good so I clicked on this topic to read his points and possibly offer a counter. However, once the topic loads I can barely read what the guy is saying lol.

Seriously TheManOfTommrow2, you got to work on your typing and sentence/paragraph formatting. The format you used reads more like song lyrics or a poem. That combined with the spelling and poor grammar makes your post difficult to read or take seriously.

Comment

Re: sorry that does not convince me

Originally posted by TheManOfTommrow2
        i have to replay to your i am sorry to say
        lame ass execuses
        as i see them

peter has already mastered flying going invisiable and
        even painting the future you forget he had alot of parctice with
        his invisable friend and we seen him already that espeically when
        he is in danger he can you his powes quite well

the past was the future in some point it is all reallitive to where you are standing and the girl that hiro tried to save didnt die from
        syler she died form an iliones
        the future was changed at that time
        maybe some whould die eventfully but maybe it whould take a couple of years you never know and peter he is not hiro
        he doesnt know that
        it is worth a try if i was peter i whould not waste any time
        that is the first thing i try

hrg didnt have to use his wife to give him a note he could
        have left himself a note on his thing an email a mail or somthing
        it whould be much easier and safer
        and second i think he should have figuered out that
        himself even without a note that he shouldnt go after clare
        he knows it is not syler who got her but the indian guy
        whice was his friend.the indian didnt erase his all memroy just
        the couple of days

like i said before we saw that when the push comes to show
        peter knows to use his powers quite well
        30 seconds is more than enough time to put a telecontic
        blow to a guy holding you with his hand
        syler didnt knock him off they were staring each other in the face
        and he even started talking to him
        if you have powers and your in danger than you dont need even 30 seconds and you use everything you have to try to get out
        especally if you have someone starting to cut your head

He had to write a note so he could know he wrote it.

You forget he said it was his handwriting.

If it was an email then he would think some one from the company did it or something.

And also, Peter would be absolutely crapping himself. And its gonna be quite hard to think when someone is cutting your head open.

The fight was meant to be left for the next episode.
        Last edited by Nam-Ek2; 03-30-2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: sorry that does not convince me

Originally posted by chrisxs5
          1: True Peter has mastered the invisibility power, that does not mean he has mastered them all. He has just know finally been able to fly and use telekinesis. As someone else mentioned, Hiro can barely use his power and/or understand it. Peter would first have to figure out how to tap into it and then try to master all the aspects of it.
          2: She did die from Sylar, it is true that she would've died from a brain tumor but that didn't happen because Hiro was unable to.
          3:Part of the believeability of the note was that it was in his own handwriting. In the novels he had to track down a computer to send one out. I dont think checking his emails was on the top of his priority list.
          4: As for the fight - It's called a cliffhanger - they did exactly what they wanted to do which is of course leave us wanting more. If they had showed us the whole fight what would we have wanted to tune back in for. I will go out on a limb here and say if that disappointed you then you are in for alot more.
          5: I completely agree with whoever (sorry dont remember names form page to page) said to learn to write. I have a hard time reading my kids papers, dont want to do it here either. If you need to write it in word and after you spellcheck it, then paste into the thread.
          First of all let me apologize for my bad English it is true.
          It is true that English is not my first language.
          I will do my best at list not do some spelling mistakes.
          I want to respond for some of your accusations.

1.I just saw some previous episodes of the show and it is seen there without a shadow of a doubt that peter knows how to use the telekinetic ability and knows how to use it well .he stopped the bullets that Hrg fired at him. He kicked the painters ass in the shop with that .he stopped the stick that his trainer friend try to hit him with. You can say he has not mastered all the abilities but this one he surly does.

2.I don’t think they made the part of Hiro's girlfriend death very clear. If she did die by Slyer hands. We should have seen him much smarter by now. Maybe she did die from the brain tumor and not from Slyer. Hiro said he can't change the past but just by being the past he already changed it. The writers would have us believe the past can not be changed only the future but I say it is a lame excuse the future will be the past in some point of time it is all relevant to point in time you are standing on. Isn't it convenient that Hiro can changed one thing but not the other that is totally lame. One more thing on the time travel bit if I was Peter and I lost my girlfriend and I knew I could possibly go back in time I would not waste my time. I would go out and try to use it or at list go and find Hiro and ask him for help. That is what every normal person would do and that is where the show lost its credibility

3.I think that someone has skilled and has experience has Hrg is would know of a safe way to pass information to himself without involving his family. Whether it is a note or an email or some kind of code. He is a trained operative for God sake that has done is job for over 15 years so don’t tell me he can't do it.

4.I know what a cliffhanger is but I still think the way it was done was unbelievable and even stupid. If they want to delay the fight and keep us in suspense that is fine but I think they should have stopped when Peter and Syler faced each other and Syler said what he said to him. Peter is more the a worthy match for Syler and the fight should be me more even right from that start.30 seconds is a long time to respond to someone attacking you. When push comes to show Peter Knows how to defend himself we have seen that numerous times. I don’t want Peter or Syler to be God Like I just want a more even believable fight

On a final not let me just say
          All I asking from the show;s writers is
          more credibility and less stupidity.
          They have to think like this is real and make the characters
          Act more like normal person would act on the situation

Comment

Re: really stupid episode

i mean first of all peter could have save simon
            he was near hireo
            that means he should have the power to go back in time
            and warn her before she comes in to isaic home
            It wouldn't be possible for Peter or Hiro to go back in time and save Simone.

This is because, if Peter went back in time and stopped Simone going into Isaacs appartment then Peter would've changed the future. If Peter had changed the future, then he would have no reason to go back in time and stop Simone from going into Isaacs appartment. If he didn't go back in time then Simone would ahve gone into the appartment and she would die as she did, which would in turn cause a neverending loop, of Peter going back in time, or not going back in time.

The only way to save her would be to go back in time and stop Simone from going in the appartment and then to tell his past self to go back in time and stop Simone from going in the appartment.

This, however, would probably cause a rift in the time-space continuum, which, although hasn't been explained yet, is meant to be really bad according to Future Hiro.

second why the hell did clare dad leave his wife and son
            memory intact
            he should have make them forget and never talk about it
            with anyone ever again
            Maybe it was because the memory wipe had caused his wife problems and he didn't want to make them worse or inflict them on his son.

third and that reallly pissed me off
            i lone awaited a showdown between peter and syler
            how the hell could syler hold peter i mean peter should have
            easly throw him off him
            hello he has the same power he has and even more powers
            we already seen him use it
            if they are that despreate to give him a scar
            he could have throw on him somthing
            I have to agree with the other posters here about Sylar taking Peter by surprise, and the fact that the show makers wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger to entice people into watching the next episode.

-----
            Has anyone else realised that the word continuum gets automatically edited to ********* when posted?

Why is this?
            Last edited by Sidious; 04-05-2007, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: really stupid episode

Originally posted by Sidious
              It wouldn't be possible for Peter or Hiro to go back in time and save Simone.

This is because, if Peter went back in time and stopped Simone going into Isaacs appartment then Peter would've changed the future. If Peter had changed the future, then he would have no reason to go back in time and stop Simone from going into Isaacs appartment. If he didn't go back in time then Simone would ahve gone into the appartment and she would die as she did, which would in turn cause a neverending loop, of Peter going back in time, or not going back in time.

The only way to save her would be to go back in time and stop Simone from going in the appartment and then to tell his past self to go back in time and stop Simone from going in the appartment.

This, however, would probably cause a rift in the time-space continuum, which, although hasn't been explained yet, is meant to be really bad according to Future Hiro.

I have to agree with the other posters here about Sylar taking Peter by surprise, and the fact that the show makers wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger to entice people into watching the next episode.

What you are describing in the first part of your answer is called the "Grandfather Paradox". It is one theory why time travel is not possible or at least why the past
              Could not be changed. The moment you enter the past you change it.
              If Time travel is possible on the show then the future, past and present can be changed. There are many solutions for that paradox.

1. In order for that paradox to work you have to live in a world where there is one universe and if time travel is possible this can not be you have to live in a multiverse. A world with infinite universes for every point in time and every decision everyone makes.

2. I think the past and future could be personal to one personal .if you go back in time then the point in the past is your present and what comes after is the future for you so anything you do wont effect anything that came before. It is like everyone have there own personal universe which only affect them alone.

3. Who said that cause and affect are what govern the universe. Who said everything has to Confine it self to the limitation of the human mind. Why could be a paradox and still the world would go one why does every thing have to make sense to humans.
              People are so argent we quickly forget that it is only been 100 years of this real modern life. It was not so long ago when we lived in simple wood cabins. We think we know everything by now.

And for the second part all I can say is rubbish. I saw that scene again and Syler talked to peter for at list 30 Seconds before he cut him more than enough time for a normal person to respond being attacked. The only way this would happen is if the writers of the show wanted it to be which apparently they did. They try to make some suspense on the cliffhanger and what they really did is make it unbelievable annoying and stupid. There are other ways to make a believable and thrilling cliffhanger.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎