Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar

Kripke lets slip secrets, including that there might not be a Season 3!

Some of these have already been posted on this board but I haven't seen anything about the NO CLIFFHANGERS spoiler and also about how Season 3 is in jeopardy. If the mods need to delete and/or merge this thread, I understand.

again, from the amazing Michael Ausiello:

Question: Do you have any scoop about Supernatural? Will it be back for a third season? Ana
    Ausiello: Your guess is as good as Kripke's. When I spoke with him, he put the show's chances at "solidly, solidly 50-50," then offered his "honest attitude," which, frankly, was the last thing I expected from anyone at press tour. "I wish we had a million to a half-million more viewers," he admitted. "I think those X-Files fans are out there. We're just struggling to get the word out that there's an X-Files-quality show on the CW. And it's hard to get the viewers who are not watching Grey's Anatomy or CSI. We're sort of the odd duck on the network, so we're trying to let people know that there's a hard, sci-fi-genre show that just happens to be on the CW." Should the show get picked up for a third season, Kripke already has an arc story in mind to scare up those X-philes he wants so badly. "We keep talking over and over about how there's a war that's about to begin between demons and humans, and things keep feeling like they're going to escalate higher and higher," he observed. "In the season finale of Season 2, definitively, the war begins, and the boys spend much of Season 3 scrambling, with things getting worse and worse."

Sounds like Sam will live (note the "the boys" reference about Season 3).

And I don't have the exact quotes or links but Kripke has stated now that there will be NO CLIFFHANGER for the season 2 finale (had originally put this in the season 2 finale speculation thread but since it's a spoiler...). I suppose because Season 3 is sort of in doubt.

Well i really hope they will have a season 3. I heard that a lot of questions will be answered but not all in the finale. It seems all they need is more viewers to keep it on the air. Its a really good series. If its canceled we atleast deserve some type of direct to video movie or something to see the battle.

i sure hope there is a third season, theres gotta be someway to keep it on the air......

If I don't have my SV/SPN combo next TV season... ugh. I can't believe SPN's numbers aren't strong enough to be thinking about cancellation.

It'd be my luck that they would kill SPN and pair some retarded dumbass reality show with SV, possibly really hurting SVs ratings in its final go-round.

I guess its easy to forget about such important things as ratings and stuff when you enjoy a show so much, that "everything else is just details".

I would be very unhappy to see SPN get cancelled after a hell of a start they've gotten off to with the first 1 and a third seasons, or so, gone by now.

THERE HAS TO BE A SEASON 3!!!!! HAS TO BE!!! HOW CAN I LIVE WITHOUT SUPERNATURAL!!!! *burst into tears* I NEED MY SUPERNATURAL MAN!!!! I NEED IT!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

It's not fair that Smallville gets 7 years even though it's quality keeps dropping a little with every year and a show that's awesome and just blooming and so so wonderful right now might not even make it into it's third season. *cries*

NOOOO I NEED SPN TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really trying to be optimistic and just assume Kripke was playing it safe, being cautious. I mean, they just picked up Everybody Hates Chris, a show whose ratings are consistently below SN.

IMO, I think that there will be a S3 of SN. At the winter press meetings last week, CW had an entire panel devoted to SN with Kripke, Jared, Jensen and others there to answer questions about the show. Would they have done that for a show they were planning on canceling? Plus, Marc Berman from Media Week was there and he came away with a really favorable outlook for the show. He seems to be fairly certain the show will be renewed.

I guess we will just have to wait and see *bites nails*

*trys to bite nails but can't cause she's already knawed them down dull* oy, maybe we should get a rally or a mob or something and go to CW 2 show our suport of season three. what'd you guys think?

On Kristin's blog (or whatever she calls it) on E! there's a clip of the boys at some event where she asks them about Season 3. Jared answers first and says he doesn't know but he hopes there will be. Then he says it might help if they do more nude scenes.
    Jensen answers then and says yeah, more nude scenes from Jared (heh) would help. Then he turns right to the camera and pleads to the fans to help boost the ratings. He says something like "everyone who watches the show please tell your friends to watch too!"
    It's sweet.

But man, I hope that SPN will go into a 3rd season.
    I heard a rumor that SPN, One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars are in trouble and that the CW must cancel one. One Tree Hill is doing ok in the ratings so it would likely come down to SPN or VM. Is it terrible of me to hope it's VM that gets the axe?

Ya i hope SN stays on the air. i dont think its wrong to hope VM gets the axe if you dont like that show but others might not agree since it has a big fan base too. All i have to say is if they ditch SN on on the CW then another channel like sci fi should really get the rights to it. Its too good of a show to let go of because of ratings. Wasnt 7th heaven only half a year this season or something. So wouldnt there be an open space next season cause chances are they will shoot down whatever new series comes along. Like Mercy Reef.

THERE HAS TO BE A THIRD SEASON! Hell will freeze over if they Cancell SPN

I really like VM, but if it comes down to a choice between the 2 I would say "bye-bye" to VM. As much as the CW seems to like that show, they didn't show alot of confidence in it this year. It originally only got a 13 episode order then they picked up 7 more for a total of 20. Not a good sign. Also, the ratings for VM have been, overall, lower than SPN all season. VM goes up when House and/or AI is not on, but if it has to face that kind of competition, its rating plummet. At least SPN holds it own against what is arguably the most competitive time slot in television.

That was a really long winded way of saying VM should go and SPN should be given another season.

Do what Jensen says and spread the word!!! If SPN natural ratings can maintain in the mid 3 mil range, or better yet increase, through the rest of the season I think we stand a chance.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
    Ya i hope SN stays on the air. i dont think its wrong to hope VM gets the axe if you dont like that show but others might not agree since it has a big fan base too. All i have to say is if they ditch SN on on the CW then another channel like sci fi should really get the rights to it. Its too good of a show to let go of because of ratings.
    I hope it does to. And you're right, if the CW cancels it it could always get picked up by another channel. Happens all the time now.
    It seems like the SPN fanbase (at least on the internet) is expanding every day. And with Smallville (the number 2 ranked show on the CW) as it's lead in, I think they are building an audience. It's just taking some time.

Maybe Jensen and Jared could go to Tom Welling (the man MUST have clout at the network) and have him mention that he'd like the show to stay.

eeekkjkkk! i hope it doesn't change channels!!!! i don't have %*#$^%#$*%^#@*%#^$ cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*sobsob

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
    eeekkjkkk! i hope it doesn't change channels!!!! i don't have %*#$^%#$*%^#@*%#^$ cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*sobsob
    The CW isn't a cable channel for you chlarkerlover? huh.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast