Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special F/X in "Parasite"

Discuss whether or not the F/X were good, bad or UGLY.

Weren't too many special effects this episode (or at least, not anything we're not accustomed to). The only new one I can think of was the illusion effect, which I wasn't very impressed with (I could see it coming a few seconds before), but it was still pretty good for a tv show.

Comment

I'd like to see the shape-shifting effect done differently.
      They're actually using the effect from Butterfly effect, when Candace changes form.
      I'd prefer to see a morphing effect.

Comment

they're using that effect because of the fact that candace creates an illusion on her surroundings also. see the scene when she walks in to save issac's ass. simones body isn't there, then you see the "butterfly effect" visual, and her body is there.

Comment

I'd still like to see a good facial morph worked into that.

Comment

would you count that epic shot of destroyed NYC being rebuilt, as an F/X shot? They really made it look pretty realistic IMO

Comment

Loved the ending part when Peter's head was being sliced open by Sylar!

Oh! Here's another: Mohinder stuck on the ceiling!
              Last edited by Blue Man; 03-06-2007, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I think its about time shape-shifting ability was introduced in Heroes! I actually thought from last week's "Parasite" trailer that Simone was back! I know I am not the only that dislikes her, but she never brought anything to the show and like Eden was a poor character.

Comment

sylar did stop the bullet in mid air, i thought it was a cool moment as the camera turned round to reveal what happened and mohinder was just standing there looking shocked with a smoking gun in his hand

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFan85
                    would you count that epic shot of destroyed NYC being rebuilt, as an F/X shot? They really made it look pretty realistic IMO
                    That is absolutley an f/x shot and an exspensive one too! I think the f/x on this show are top notch for tv... I'd be interseted to know how much pulll Masi Oka has at ILM and if the show is taking advantage of his connections in the visual effects industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G.
                      I'd like to see the shape-shifting effect done differently.
                      They're actually using the effect from Butterfly effect, when Candace changes form.
                      I'd prefer to see a morphing effect.
                      I have to agree that its not shape shifting that she is doing but rather creating an illusion.

I would love to see shapeshifting as well, but something more painful than what we are accustomed to. Not the ficker of skin like Mirage or the computerized morph like on Smallville but a painful disgusting hourly process to the character. Something were if they were running they couldnt just changed real quick. I think they could bring alot of guest stars in that way.

It will also be interesting to see if the illusionist works on Peter. Claudes abilities where transparent to Peter (Yes the pun was intended). Peter did become invisible, but he could also see Claude.
                      Last edited by chrisxs5; 03-16-2007, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎