HRG.....the guy deserves some love!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRG.....the guy deserves some love!

Spoilers....

HRG is the man and loves his family, he has always wanted to keep his family safe, and now he payed a huge price to do it!

Everyone that has been hating on him needs to re-evaluate their stances on him. The last scene tonight was so moving. When Claire realized what was happening, and HRG just took it like a man.

I agree that HRG is just trying to protect his family. However, we really have to consider what kind of person he is underneath, and why exactly he took a job with a company that puts himself and his family in so much danger, and seemingly has been doing not-so-great things to those with abilities. Just because he loves his family and wants to protect them doesn't mean he's a great guy. He might be, but considering we don't know enough about the Organization and why HRG would take such a job, then we can't really say he's a great guy.

Comment

i dont think they do bad stuff to the ones with abilities, only the ones they find that are dangerous

Comment

I am not sure with what they are doing with the people who they sre infusing with whatever..!!!! But yeah..after yesterdays' episode...he does deserve some pity...but not all of it! I mean yesterday also he acted like a prudent man who just minds his buiseness.....Matt helped him so much, yet he double crossed him!!!!!

Comment

Yes,we really saw his real face,I'm glad he's a good guy.I never thought he was really bad but,I misjuged his actions,I knew he was a good father to Claire just the way he was protecting her like when he didn't her to go to homecoming's even,he was scared for her safety but,I knew he was behind the mutant's investigations but,not for the same motive.
          Last edited by Sweetie; 02-27-2007, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
            I agree that HRG is just trying to protect his family. However, we really have to consider what kind of person he is underneath, and why exactly he took a job with a company that puts himself and his family in so much danger, and seemingly has been doing not-so-great things to those with abilities. Just because he loves his family and wants to protect them doesn't mean he's a great guy. He might be, but considering we don't know enough about the Organization and why HRG would take such a job, then we can't really say he's a great guy.
            Exactly!

Comment

i dunno. you got the sense that he was better than the posts above would have you believe. for example, you know he was protecting the lives of these people, if the story and on-camera stuff is to be trusted. he defied orders to kill people, as shown when he said to ted and matt that the only alternative to letting them go was killing them. I thought it was good how his character was handled. i thought he was an excellent bad guy, but his progression to misunderstood anti-hero was handled so well that it didn't seem an afterthought based on popularity or something, as these so often do in fiction.

the scene where claire picked out his HRG's was fantastic.

I also liked that he paid a price for what he wanted, when last time(on the same bridge with the invisible dood) he couldn't.

Comment

Re: HRG.....the guy deserves some love!

Originally posted by TheSwordofTruth
                Spoilers....

HRG is the man and loves his family, he has always wanted to keep his family safe, and now he payed a huge price to do it!

Everyone that has been hating on him needs to re-evaluate their stances on him. The last scene tonight was so moving. When Claire realized what was happening, and HRG just took it like a man.
                I have to admit that I found myself liking him a bit more as a character - but that still doesn't mean I'm in his corner. I know he was just following orders etc - but since he didn't turn Claire over he gets some brownie points for that....but he's still working for 'the company' and they don't seem to be doing mankind a favor, they seem to be trying to use people for their efforts alone.

Comment

The final scene was just plain brilliant!
                  Claire understood why he did the memory wipes and that he really did love her, HRG thought he would never see his "Claire Bear" again.

On the NBC Rewind commentary, Jack Coleman (HRG) said that it was a hard scene to recover from emotionally.

Comment

I think you guys are missing one tiny point.

HRG started OFF as a guy who just was trying to hide everything from his wife, and do what the company said. But as soon as he got Clair in his life, you can see where he started to question everything. You saw the hesitation and look on his face when he shot Chris Escalan. He even SAID he let Ted go free and wasn't suppose to because Ted had a family. He was also trying to hide Claire the entire time, and as a TWIST, he KNEW that the Hatiian could talk and kept THAT a secret.

You have to understand the situation he is in. ER said earilier that the hatian saved his wife's life when she found out the company he was in. And as you saw, he didn't WANT to give Clair in, but had no choice. That's why he made it look like they escaped. I also believe he didn't WANT Matt to be captured, but what could he do?

I think this episode proved that, while HRG has been riding the grey line between good and evil, he is actually been molded into a good guy.

Comment

HRG believed in the 'company' until he got attached to Claire. He hadbeen in the 'morally grey' area so long that when Claire began to manifest he went to extremes to keep her hidden, and did not give it a thought as to what the consequences might be.

If you ask me post wipe he will return to being the good soldier again and wind up hunting down Claire.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeychow01
                        I think you guys are missing one tiny point.

HRG started OFF as a guy who just was trying to hide everything from his wife, and do what the company said. But as soon as he got Clair in his life, you can see where he started to question everything. You saw the hesitation and look on his face when he shot Chris Escalan. He even SAID he let Ted go free and wasn't suppose to because Ted had a family. He was also trying to hide Claire the entire time, and as a TWIST, he KNEW that the Hatiian could talk and kept THAT a secret.

You have to understand the situation he is in. ER said earilier that the hatian saved his wife's life when she found out the company he was in. And as you saw, he didn't WANT to give Clair in, but had no choice. That's why he made it look like they escaped. I also believe he didn't WANT Matt to be captured, but what could he do?

I think this episode proved that, while HRG has been riding the grey line between good and evil, he is actually been molded into a good guy.
                        he didnt kno the haitian could talk and i dont think that matt was captured i still think he wanted to join and theyre just testing him or w\e

Comment

He said specifically, "Who else did you tell that you can talk? And who else did you tell about Claire?" That to me means he already knew he could talk.

While it would be cool if Matt volunteered, I'm pretty sure that was not what he wanted to do

Comment

It is a good point that he started off as a guy that just did the company's bidding and is now officially not that guy anymore. It is a good thing when characters grow and change, so I'm gonna officially chime in with the HRG love. The guy has done the right thing now. He even took a bullet for Claire. I still want to no more about why he thought what the company was doing was right, though. That denotes an underlying problem with how he used to see people with abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeychow01
                              He said specifically, "Who else did you tell that you can talk? And who else did you tell about Claire?" That to me means he already knew he could talk.
                              From this I saw that he had guessed that the haitian could talk from claire remembering everything from before she should have been wiped and that she now knew about what he was doing behind closed doors. As she still had her memories and knew about him he must have figured that only one person could have told her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎