No announcement yet.

Hatian's power no go?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatian's power no go?

At the rooftop scene, the Hatian's power should have neutralized at least the invisible man's power and they would have never needed the goggles to see them...if not should have also neutralized peter's abilities.

Could it be a distance issue? However, they were awfully close...

With Peter absorbing his power, could it have reversed the effect? For Peter, I guess this is the only thing that seems logical..as he obviously flew away right past them...

What do you guys think? Does he absorb the hatian power and reverses the effect?
    Last edited by j-kent; 02-21-2007, 02:08 PM.

First I think HRG and the Hatian were relying more on surprise than anything. Second I am still not convinced that the Hatian can block or neutralize powers. His ability seems to be memory wipes by way of blocking mental paths. He may also be able to protect his mind and others near him from mental invasion. I also think that HRG may have a power we have not yet seen.

Comment

I read some where the Haitian only stops mental abilites not physical ones.

that is why he can't stop Claire from healing or Nathan from flying. but Telekinesis is a mental power so he was able to neutralize Sylar after Homecoming.

I don't think he can do it with all the powers or else he would be the most powerful mutant...I mean, Hero on the show.

Comment

^exactly! telekinesis is a mental power! so if this is the case, how come peter was able to use it to stop the stun gun darts??
        he has some kinda complex ability to block the Hatian's powers out...the question still yet to be answered is how and what

Comment

How did Matt get knocked out then at the bar? Was he trying to read the Hatians mind and just get overwhelmed?

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
            ^exactly! telekinesis is a mental power! so if this is the case, how come peter was able to use it to stop the stun gun darts??
            he has some kinda complex ability to block the Hatian's powers out...the question still yet to be answered is how and what
            i dont think he used telekinesis on the darts im pretty sure he used hiros ability to stop time cause everything stopped around them

Comment

I don't think the Haitian can block any external mental abilities, so that includes telekinesis. Only things that directly affect the brain itself, such as mind reading or persuasion.

Comment

I'm sure they'll give us some kind of good explanation eventually.

Comment

How did Matt get knocked out then at the bar?
                  Matt was knocked out at the bar because of all the thoughts of the people around him, just like at the convenience store. He can't read the Hatian at all.

Comment

I think the Haitian has to be aware of the power in order to block it. He knew that Sylar had Telekinesis so he was able to stop him. Not that the suggestion to fall asleep couldn't neutralize him anyhow. Maybe the Haitian had knowledge of Peter but didn't realize that he had absorbed the powers of telekinesis so he wasn't prepared to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎