Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Unexpected"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a fantastic episode. So much better than last week's episode. I really like how they are developing Peter. It would actually be a good suprise if he turned out to be a villain in the long run. No one would expect it. I could totally see him slowly being driven mad and feeling betrayed by those around him. The drawing that Isaac had of Peter made him look pretty sinister. The flying scene was fantastic. So much better than the scene with Nathan earlier in the season. It was great to see an up and close shot of Peter flying and then the speed away was so sweet.

It is funny because Peter and Sylar are sort of similar in the fact that they can absorb other's abilities. Granted, Sylar has to commit muder to do it, and Peter can do it naturally, but they are similar.

The one thing that bugged me a bit about this episode is how quickly Peter transitioned into being able to choose powers he wants @ random. He had no control at all up until this episode, and then all of a sudden, he can just select powers at will. Some progression up to this would have been nice.

I really love Matt now. I like the fact that he is walking a fine line. He was really boring before, but the new developments in his character are making him much better. Right now, the show's only weak link is the Niki storyline.

Also, it would be nice for Hiro to eventually get to Linderman. One thing that has been bugging me, is that Hiro has been in Vegas for more than a few eps now, but he never gets anywhere. They keep throwing these storylines in the way like with Charlie, and then the chick with the bag of chips, etc.. It is starting to feel like they are stretching things out just to eat up time. Just have him get to Linderman and get the sword already! I was a bit sad to see Ando go, because he was actually one of my favorite characters and I really liked the Hiro/Ando friendship.

I am so psyched for next week. Although they have a tendecy to create misleading previews when Heroes is concerned, so my hopes aren't too high. They have told us we will get answers on more than one occasion, only to be basically be left with what we already know.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7

It is funny because Peter and Sylar are sort of similar in the fact that they can absorb other's abilities. Granted, Sylar has to commit muder to do it, and Peter can do it naturally, but they are similar.
      Peter + Sylar = 1 helluva fight... I can't wait to see them two throw down, it's going to be epic!

I also agree, Nikki should have died when DL popped his hand through her, that would have been a perfect ending.

Here's a question- If Peter absorbs powers by being around a hero, what would happen if Sylar slurped his brain? He probably would get absorption, but what about the other powers Peter's been collecting?

Comment

Actually, I don't think the Hiro segment is getting drawn out. I think the writers are trying to really develop him into a more confident person. The whole reason Hiro brought Ando along was because Hiro thought it would be fun for the two of them to go on an adventure. Also, Hiro needed Ando to drive the car, be a translator, and for support. Now Hiro realizes he must do this on his own and it is not a game. Hiro has gained more confidence and realizes he should not place his best friend in danger to satisfy his own fear.

The Niki storyline is kind of weak but I like to see that out of everyone else adapting to their powers like it is a good thing, there is one of them that is truly struggling with her's. She's like the Incredible Hulk in that she has super strength and cunning but to use them she has to adopt her other personality of her dead twin sister. I think that is a brilliant twist because as a major in psychology it is really interesting.

Comment

I agree completely, Nikki reminds me of the Hulk, and it seems like Jessica can almost take over at will... I wonder what would happen if Sylar slurped her? Would he develop a Jessica, or would he just be super-strong?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaded Wolf
            Actually, I don't think the Hiro segment is getting drawn out. I think the writers are trying to really develop him into a more confident person. The whole reason Hiro brought Ando along was because Hiro thought it would be fun for the two of them to go on an adventure. Also, Hiro needed Ando to drive the car, be a translator, and for support. Now Hiro realizes he must do this on his own and it is not a game. Hiro has gained more confidence and realizes he should not place his best friend in danger to satisfy his own fear.

The Niki storyline is kind of weak but I like to see that out of everyone else adapting to their powers like it is a good thing, there is one of them that is truly struggling with her's. She's like the Incredible Hulk in that she has super strength and cunning but to use them she has to adopt her other personality of her dead twin sister. I think that is a brilliant twist because as a major in psychology it is really interesting.
            Yeah but from the direction they have been going with Hiro, he will begin to gain more confidence and control of his ability when he gets the sword. In order for that to happen, he has to get to Linderman. That is why I want him to make it to Linderman so that he can truly start to come into his own. As sad I was to see Ando go, we finally might get down to business now that he is gone.

Comment

I gave it a 10. It was fantastic. That episode slowly came to a boil. Ah. Wonderful. The highlight: Super freaking awesome Peter Petrelli!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎