Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was the best episode involving Lana as a major character since...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by margroks
    There has never been an ep in which Lana was good. This ep merely revealed her even more as manipulative and only doing something nice if it benefits her. She was protecting her life and her child not doing something nice for the guy; she wanted him out of the way before trouble came of what he was doing and she used him to try to get more info on Clark.

Lana has never been portrayed as someone who accepts others who are different. This, along with the retcon that Chloe is a freak was just invented and has no canon to support it really. Now Lana might be a freak since she wore the necklace for thirteen years. That I'd believe in a heartbeat. But not Chloe.

Plus, this ep was not really centered around Lana; that was last week's horror flick, Tresspass, if you like that sort of thing. This was Chloe and Clark and Chloe, their closeness and upped the ante on Clark's abilities and his support of and caring for Chloe.
    i don't think she was shown as snooping on clark in this episode. remember, she is acting from the standpoint of someone who figured out clark's secret already. sorta like she *thinks* she's on the same footing as chloe was after pariah, and before the season 5 opener. (we know she isn't, but she doesn't.) as such, i think she really was trying to protect clark, maybe as payback for him protecting her, but still protecting him. how is she just protecting herself and her baby? the safest way to do that would be to butt out. she had no reason for going to find tobias if not for protecting clark.

Originally posted by LoisL
    True that.
    I'm a Clois person myself but I can enjoy a Lana that has backbone. I think the Clana has been more interesting these days too as a result.
    i think so too, like they're going somewhere different with it now instead of the same ole broken record we've been tortured with for 2 1/2 years...

Comment

There has never been an ep in which Lana was good. This ep merely revealed her even more as manipulative and only doing something nice if it benefits her. She was protecting her life and her child not doing something nice for the guy; she wanted him out of the way before trouble came of what he was doing and she used him to try to get more info on Clark.

Lana has never been portrayed as someone who accepts others who are different. This, along with the retcon that Chloe is a freak was just invented and has no canon to support it really. Now Lana might be a freak since she wore the necklace for thirteen years. That I'd believe in a heartbeat. But not Chloe.

Plus, this ep was not really centered around Lana; that was last week's horror flick, Tresspass, if you like that sort of thing. This was Chloe and Clark and Chloe, their closeness and upped the ante on Clark's abilities and his support of and caring for Chloe.
      What show are you watching? Because I am watching smallville and lana did the 180 after clark broke up with her. The evil mainipulative lana is just a act to hurt clark and to be with lex. Now we are starting to see the real lana again who is noting like that lana in the first part of season 6. She accepted (excluding clark) Sarah Conroy(the person who could go into peoples dreams), at first she kind of accepted the guy in static untill he tried to kill her and lex, she accepted ryan. She only said that because those freaks tried to kill her and I would have also if I were in lana's place, but I am sure she thinks some freaks are not bad and she said it her self.
      But I can understand if some people dont want lana to be good and to protect clark because they just want to hate her forever.

[B]There has never been an ep in which Lana was good.

Lets see now, so you are saying lana did not risk her life trying to save sarah conroy from her uncle. Ok that makes her a bad person. She could have died.
      Remember when lana went to clarks loft to celebrate his birthday(well his first party remember Martha saying clark never had parties) in season 2 a bad person does not do that.

How can you make a statement like that when lana has never done an evil act. She might be misunderstood but evil is a big difference from being misunderstood. She has not commited any crime. Just because lana has not been so nice to clark in the first half of season 6 does not mean she has been bad always. Get your facts right. Or maybe you want to see her that way and dont want her to change because you dont want people to stop hating her.

Comment

Season 5 for me!

Comment

Agreed. I like smart Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by margroks There has never been an ep in which Lana was good.
            That's such an outlandish opener that I'm not interested in hearing the rest. It might be better to say "there's never been an ep in which I liked Lana" because it's pure personal bias.

Comment

I think this was Lana's best episode.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisL
                That's such an outlandish opener that I'm not interested in hearing the rest. It might be better to say "there's never been an ep in which I liked Lana" because it's pure personal bias.
                LOL, I stopped from reading the rest of that post after that sentance as well.

Comment

i almost voted season 5 but then. she never really was a mainc haracter. in mortal and all it was great but it wasnt SERIOUS.

i dono. its hardd to vote haha

Comment

OMG am ii Dreaming no-one is bagging lana...far out first time people well i havent seen this epii because i live in aussie and we are startin season 6 i noe it sucks, well this epi sounds awsome... well it's about time no-one isnt bagging lana

Clana The Present...
                    Clois The Future...

Boniita<3

Comment

Im starting to like Lana's character a bit more...they sort of made her more like seasons 1-2 so shes not all annoying and dressed in black whining about secrets and lies all the time...it was a nice change to see her get proactive trying to help people she cares about for a change and hear her tell clark even if he was a meteor freak he'd still be the same clark kent. awwwwww .

Comment

There has never been an ep in which Lana was good.
                        A grand claim to make, isn't it? Not to mention faulty as well.

Lana has never been portrayed as someone who accepts others who are different.
                        We must have been watching different shows then. Sometimes I find it's funny how people would always jump on to character-bashing bandwagon at every opportunity just to make their favourite characters look better by comparison.

That being said, I really like Lana in this episode. It's a hint towards the iconic Lana in the comics (before they portrayed her as a homewrecker) who would suffer Lex's torture to protect Clark.
                        Last edited by freefall; 02-17-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seacrystal
                          That being said, I really like Lana in this episode. It's a hint towards the iconic Lana in the comics (before they portrayed her as a homewrecker) who would suffer Lex's torture to protect Clark.
                          I agree. I liked Lana as well in this eppie. It showed that whatever happens in the end, Lana would be OK with who Clark really is. Lana sounded very adult and level-headed. Quite refreshing.

Of course this doesn't really erase the lying, subterfuge, snooping and the hurt that Clark and Lana have caused each other. In fact, this would have been a perfect opportunity for Clark to open up even a bit to Lana. But no. They still have trust issues between them and too much has already happened that they cannot go back to their innocent puppy love days. I do hope though, that with this exchange, clana will take more steps towards their iconic friendship.

Comment

Definitely the best Lana ep of this series.Zod and Reckoning come close but the way she's proactively protecting Clark was just great.Loved it.

Comment

Since reckoning (as an ep) she has been best. but as an overall season she was best in s3 but she was awesome in this ep and i usually can't stand her

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎