Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana and Chloe's opinions towars meteor-infected flip flopped!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonStewart4President
    Chloe said in Subterreanan that being a meteor freak was enough to turn anyone murderous. So there is precedent that she does think that meteors themselves cause problems.

Also in Extinction back in season three when Lana was ranting on about it seems whenever someone gets meteor powers they turn murderous, not once did Chloe disagree with Lana's theory. She actually added on to Lana's rant by listing off all the meteor freaks that also attacked her as well.

So to say Chloe has always favored meteor freaks is reaching.
    Last edited by Kreukie; 02-15-2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Chloe has always been open minded and she has defended freaks before. This was a complete flip flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
        Right. Maybe she'll change her opinion again. Actually, I think it would be interesting if Lana felt one way about meteor freaks and Chloe another.
        I'd say let's hold off judgement. If she does revert her stance on meteor freaks again because she knows that Clark isn't one of them, then it will be BS. But from Freak, she met Dan & Tobias--2 people she found out were freaks and were no threat at all. And she definitely knows that Lex was lying to her. So now she has met people other than Clark who she knows are freaks but are also good people and knows that Clark isn't a freak.

She knew Jordan Cross in season 3, but I don't think she ever knew that he was a freak. So let's see how she handles it now.

But kudos to you Nospam. You actually did call it how Chloe said what she said even though she did know freaks who didn't end up evil or dead. And you called it when she mentioned the age her mother left her and a few other inconsistencies. I don't know of too many other Chloe fans who call it down the middle.

I do think that Chloe wasn't thinking entirely clear when she said that because she was afraid. I still think the jury is out on whether or not she is a freak. But one thing's for sure, Chloevage is a freak of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          But kudos to you Nospam. You actually did call it how Chloe said what she said even though she did know freaks who didn't end up evil or dead. And you called it when she mentioned the age her mother left her and a few other inconsistencies. I don't know of too many other Chloe fans who call it down the middle.

It's not very often that one can point out inconsistencies with Chloe. Chloe and Lionel are about the most consistent characters on the show, generally. I appreciate the kudos.

I do think that Chloe wasn't thinking entirely clear when she said that because she was afraid. I still think the jury is out on whether or not she is a freak. But one thing's for sure, Chloevage is a freak of nature.
          Yes, a very good point. Chloe overreacted to the news that she is meteor infected. A very human reaction. Once she calms down and really thinks things over, she should come to understand that regardless of any meteor powers she may or may not have, the future is her's to decide.

Comment

Wasn't Lana the one telling Clark that all meteor freaks were psycho back in high school when Van killed her fishboy stalker? They got into a huge fight about that. Funny, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobby4Chloe
              Wasn't Lana the one telling Clark that all meteor freaks were psycho back in high school when Van killed her fishboy stalker? They got into a huge fight about that. Funny, huh?
              AND DONT PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR OPINION

Comment

I can't believe some of you didn't get it.. I thought it was so layed out that it was supposed to be obvious.

Chloe said all meteor freaks are 'evil' so that she wouldn't think Clark is one, because you know, Clark's her best friend, and Lana knows Chloe wouldn't say her best friend is bad/evil.

Chloe was thinking 100% straight. :P

Comment

Lana already said she was okay with freaks in Extinction, she was also okay with Clark being an alien, and Lex having powers. She took back her words regarding Kyle in Hug. Lana also saw how Cyrus saved her horse. If we saw her not saying anything bad at all regarding freaks in this episode, it's because Clark himself is the one person enough to convince her (or anyone else for that matter) that being different doesn't make you bad.

Chloe of course, has always been excited with her share of meteor freaks and definitely don't think they're all bad, but she also has some not very nice things to say about them. In Freak, I'd say her only reason for saying all freaks either end up dead or in Belle Reeve is simply because she was so scared and panicked at the realization that she's one of them herself. Not to mention she knows what 33.1 will do to freaks.

I don't see how their opinions have flip-flopped. Like JS4P has pointed out, it's simply because most of their experiences with freaks are bad anyway, either stalking or trying to kill them.

Comment

I think when ever lana says meteor freaks she means people affected by the meteor shower and then going crazy and killing. When she said that some of them are she good in the episode freak she called them people affected by the meteors.
                    Maybe Lana refers to them like this:
                    Meteor Freaks: Meteor affected people doing crazy things.
                    Meteor affected people: People who are affected but do not do crazy things.

Chloe was actually adding a comment to the statement lana said in Extinction. Chloe agrees with lana about meteor feaks being bad. I think both lana and chloe say that because most of the freaks are crazy and some of them are not. But if most of them are evil I dont think they would have good things to say about them.

I think when ever lana says meteor freaks she means people affected by the meteor shower and then going crazy and killing. When she said that some of them are she good in the episode fre
                    Last edited by Clark Jr. the great; 02-17-2007, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I agree with thinking that Lana said this because she thought Clark is a meteor freak too. So she thought if Clark is a meteor freak than there must be more like him.
                      In season 3 ep. 3 (Extinction) Lana said to Clark that the life in Smallville would be much better if the meteors never camed. But that as Van told Lana that Clark is one of them too and that he shoot him Lana cried and in the end of this episode Lana said to Clark that if he is one of them than it would be okay for her! And she loved Lex as he had his powers in Vessel. And in Reckoning Lana still loved Clark as he showed her his secret and flow with her. She aslo was able to marry him! Maybe Clarks feras are gone too - to let Lana know the truth! Clark met some meteor freaks which wered good! And also Chloe: In season 1 epis. 11 (Hug) Chloe met a meteor freak who choosed to make good things with it. (Not Rickman, I mean Kyle) Okay, the most meteor freaks wered bad and hurt people.
                      Lana only mean meteor freaks who hurt peopels! Lana would akzept Clark as an alien!

love from germany

Comment

I don't see the problem as she thinks Clark is meteor infected and knows that he saves people, so it gave her a new perspective. Chloe technically isnt flip flopped, she said the same thing in Extinction about meteor freaks

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Jr. the great
                          I think when ever lana says meteor freaks she means people affected by the meteor shower and then going crazy and killing. When she said that some of them are she good in the episode freak she called them people affected by the meteors.
                          Maybe Lana refers to them like this:
                          Meteor Freaks: Meteor affected people doing crazy things.
                          Meteor affected people: People who are affected but do not do crazy things.
                          I'm gonna have to disagree. "Meteor freak" (or "krypto-freak" as Clark put it in Freak), as far as I understand it, is a blanket phrase for anyone infected by kryptonite, albiet a deragatory one. When people are trying to be politically correct because they have reason to believe an infected person is not a psycho (ie Dan, Tobias), they use the more PC "infected by kryptonite/meteors."

This is most clear in scenes where Clark and Chloe are trying to unravel the mystery of FOTWs, but I think it pertains to the rest of the characters as well.

Comment

I don't think Lana is over her little hatred of meteor freaks.
                            But I DO think she would have accepted Clark no matter what, even if he was a meteor freak.

Then again, she did seem very nice to Tobias. Maybe she's just maturing and getting rid of her grudges.

Comment

Originally posted by Runestone
                              I think the only reason Lana said that was because she thinks Clark's infected and realises if that's true then there must be others that do good. As for Chloe thinking they're all bad all of a sudden, I don't know.
                              I think Chloe was just speaking out of fear. As she mentioned, most people infected by meteor rocks have ended up either crazy or dead (or both). I don't think Chloe cared for either of those choices.

Comment

Chloe was freaked out becasue she thought she'd be targeted and killed. Lana has never accepted those who are different and the only reason she would claim to accept Clark is because she convinces herself she wants him again. She's a witch and has never been a girl who would accept a guy or anyone, who is different. That's just nonsense retconning and even the writers agreed backl in Reckoning that the Lana we've seen from the begining is not the accepting type. Furthermore it has always been Chloe who loved Clark from the beginning and NOT Lana LAng; there was never any evidence of that despite her bedside confession in Mortal. She changes what she thinks about herself just to make herself feel better after she's been so horrible to people, like Clark. She ignored CLark until we saw them in season one and even then easily overlooked Whitney's torturing him because she thought Whitney made her feel safe. This is not a girl anyone should want to be close to.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎