Ratings for Freak

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really understand how these ratings work, apparently. How can the overnights (which I had assumed were basically an educated guess based on early numbers/reports) be sooo far off of the actual final ratings?

Comment

And how in past instances the final ratings were slightly higher than the "guesses", while in this case they've gone down. I don't think I"ve ever seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1
        Well, it is good to see people understanding that that high quality, well written, and strong episodes bring in the ratings and not one particular person/ship -- except for if that person is Clark Kent.

Now, have we learned anything boys and girls?
        Absolutely have to agree with you.

If the trialer seemed to be about clana is was only to keep those poor brokenhearted clana fans to return for one more episode

But I didn't see that, I saw that chloe was going to be a big part in this one

Comment

It doesn't make any sense that the ratings went to 4.76 million. The ratings from 8-830 were 4.83 and 5.30 for 830-9pm. They should average out to somewhere between those two. But in the end, the individual ratings don't matter that much anyway. What keeps Smallville on the air for another season is consistency in the ratings, which it has had all season.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
            They still beat the lame-ass Trespass.
            Actually, Trespass got 4.74 in final ratings, so they're pretty much the same.

Comment

The reason for the ratings to drop is quite simple.

On Thursday, Smallville was pre-empted in a few markets.

For example, both Indianapolis (#25 market) and Lexington (#63) aired basketball games which are included in the overnights and the fast nationals for televisions viewing the CW, (station viewership not the individual shows).

Since a higher percentage of televisions have on the CW in those markets, the total viewer numbers and demos are skewed.

The final numbers take account the markets that didn't air the show and those markets are taken out of the equation to come up with the final total viewers and final demo numbers. Taking those markets out of the equation lowered the total viewers.

Season 6 Week-to-Week Comparison

09/28 Zod.....................4.96 million*
              10/05 Sneeze...............4.52*
              10/12 Wither................4.88*
              10/19 Arrow.................4.71*
              10/26 Reunion..............4.79*
              11/02 Fallout................5.01*
              11/09 Rage...................4.46*
              11/16 Static..................4.70*
              12/07 Subterranean........4.31*
              01/11 Hydro...................4.68*
              01/18 Justice..................5.26*
              01/25 Labyrinth..............5.00*
              02/01 Crimson................4.91*
              02/08 Trespass...............4.74*
              02/15 Freak....................4.76*

* Final ratings

Comment

Bang I guess the antis are quiet now.
                I hope numbers stay that stable,its still pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                  Actually, Trespass got 4.74 in final ratings, so they're pretty much the same.
                  And Freak got 4.76. It's different no mater how little. Ha.

Comment

It's funny how when the numbers were high for this episode, people were saying Chloe brought the numbers in, better than Clana-centric episodes, etc. And as soon as the numbers turned out to be low everyone quiets down about Chloe-centric episodes bringing ratings in.

I think it's the opposite about Chloe centric episodes bringing in high ratings, but that's just me.

Comment

The numbers always say as much about present ep as about the previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                        The reason for the ratings to drop is quite simple.

On Thursday, Smallville was pre-empted in a few markets.

For example, both Indianapolis (#25 market) and Lexington (#63) aired basketball games which are included in the overnights and the fast nationals for televisions viewing the CW, (station viewership not the individual shows).

Since a higher percentage of televisions have on the CW in those markets, the total viewer numbers and demos are skewed.

The final numbers take account the markets that didn't air the show and those markets are taken out of the equation to come up with the final total viewers and final demo numbers. Taking those markets out of the equation lowered the total viewers.

Season 6 Week-to-Week Comparison

09/28 Zod.....................4.96 million*
                        10/05 Sneeze...............4.52*
                        10/12 Wither................4.88*
                        10/19 Arrow.................4.71*
                        10/26 Reunion..............4.79*
                        11/02 Fallout................5.01*
                        11/09 Rage...................4.46*
                        11/16 Static..................4.70*
                        12/07 Subterranean........4.31*
                        01/11 Hydro...................4.68*
                        01/18 Justice..................5.26*
                        01/25 Labyrinth..............5.00*
                        02/01 Crimson................4.91*
                        02/08 Trespass...............4.74*
                        02/15 Freak....................4.76*

* Final ratings
                        Last week people were saying thay the premiere episode of Survivor hogged all the ratings. Is it the same case when Freak was aired?

Comment

Whoohoo! Freak beat Trespass!!! (By 0.02 million, but thats gotta count for something... )

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                            Last week people were saying thay the premiere episode of Survivor hogged all the ratings. Is it the same case when Freak was aired?

Trespass went up against the season premiere of Survivor which got 16.44 million viewers and a new Ugly Betty which got 14.28 million viewers.

Freak faced both shows this week.

Survivor - 16.08
                            Ugly Betty - 13.66

So those shows lost viewers from a week ago. Freak ratings remained consistent with the season average while suffering from preemptions in some of the bigger markets. Without those preemptions I would think that Freak would have received higher ratings.

Comment

Haven't all Chloe-centric episodes been a success in past seasons also? Chloe is a very popular character and I wouldn't doubt that she was the cause for these high ratings...people just love Chloe!! IMO...

saludos

Comment

I just read that the final ratings figure for Freak was 4.76 million.

Trespass netted 4.74 million. So that's just a slight increase of .02 million. I guess Survivor is still trumping us in the ratings

The 2nd highest rated eppie so far is Labyrinth (5.00 million) which is Clark-centric.

I guess we should have more Clark-centric eppies for good ratings
                                Last edited by ShelbyKent; 02-20-2007, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎