Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monstra
    Didn't they already have Vessel involving a Chlark kiss? I didn't see ratings going through the roof then.
    It was never advertised that there would be a Chlark kiss in that episode ... I watch it religiously and I read the spoilers ...they blind sided us with that Kiss - they really kept mum about it but if they had ..maybe the ratings would have been higher

- Anyway I know that one of the reasons I am a huge fan of the show is because of Chloe - Don't get me wrong I am a huger superman fan but I know the story like the back of my hand - all the different itterations of it - but I like her character ... I have a bias for strong female characters and I think she is one of the strongest in there ...

Comment

Originally posted by hanemg
      Not to be disrespectful to Chloe as she certainly is a good character for the show...but don't you think there could possibly be other explanations?

This was an epsiode where Clark used all of his powers, a first if I'm not mistaken. There was also the Clark/Lana moments which it seems everyone agrees were some of the best ever with even some die hard Lana haters saying they actully disliked her less after the episode.

And for me, I always like the episodes where Lana (or someone) is on the trail of Clark's secret and is almost but not quite able to connect the dots. "Perry" comes to mind here.

Anyway, just my two cents.
      Yeah. The episode wasn't all about Chloe. I would say that 33.1 was the reason, since this was the most 33.1 related episode till now. We got to see Lex's methods into looking at freaks and how to find out their differences.

Plus this episode was non stop action and very unpredictable. I listed a bunch of great qualities about this episode in the "Best episode of this season" thread, most of which had nothing to do with Chloe. All the characters were great and played their parts very well. I wasn't interested in this episode until I saw the director's cut and the freakvision and started wondering if it would be used on Clark.

AM did a great acting job in that scene with the GPS chip that Clark took out from her. But this episode was great for several reasons, not just her.

Comment

You can't compare the Vessel kiss to anything as a source of ratings because it was a complete surprise. They didn't advertise it. People here on the spoiler board barely heard about it one day before the episode aired so the millions of people who only saw the trailer for the episode had no idea it was coming.

This episode on the other hand was advertised in the US almost exclusively to be about Chloe so it is a great sign of her popularity that the episode did so well.

Comment

Um, well, final numbers are in. And they aren't as good as we first thought.

4.76 Million Viewers

Damn.

Comment

I think it's time for the CW to officially pick up smallville for next year. There is no way that it is not getting picked up with numbers this good in the second half of the year.

Comment

The ratings (irrespective of actual numbers) are holding steady this season, it seems to me. There are always going to be ups and downs. I am just glad SV is holding its own and hope it gets picked up for another season.

Comment

I had a feeling the finals would go down... 2nd highest rated of the season was just too overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
                  Um, well, final numbers are in. And they aren't as good as we first thought.

4.76 Million Viewers

Damn.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=194311
                  They still beat the lame-ass Trespass.

Comment

That does suck Supernatural looks loke they could use some help

Comment

All I'm saying is that just as Clana fans are wrong about that ship causing the success of this show, Chloe fans are equally wrong to think Chloe made this episode be a ratings success. I would definitely attribute it to speculation & interest of the 33.1 storyline as well as a vast improvement witnessed in the last few episodes over the 1st half of the season. The story is really progressing now. And I think there may be a trend of increasing viewership from now till the end of the season.

Comment

Whoot! Go Chloe!

Comment

The trailers are fast-paced and intriguing enough to make the casual viewer tune in. Not to mention they advertised Chloe (a regular cast member) being a freak. That would be totally out of the blue for those viewers and would give them all the more reason to tune it, unlike us who already know the spoilers way beforehand. There's also the 33.1 angle to consider, as well as the buildup to Lana's knowing Clark's secret. This is also the first time MR directed.

So there are many things that could bring in such a high rating, not necessarily because of Chloe or shipper stuff alone.

Comment

^^Thank you. Oh, and I don't look at spoilers, which is why I get so mad when people post them like it's nothing outside the spoiler forum. I hope just to throw off all the fans, they change everything around.

Comment

Glad to see our favorite show is going stong

Does anyone have the numbers for the final ratings?
                              (The only numbers I saw were overnight figures).

Comment

There were quite a few pre-emptions which help the fast nationals and are accounted for in the finals. 4.76 million is consistent with the season averages. It is an improvement from last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎