Ratings for Freak

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't they already have Vessel involving a Chlark kiss? I didn't see ratings going through the roof then.

Comment

I dont even know what the ratins were then...so how do we compare?

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
        Didn't they already have Vessel involving a Chlark kiss? I didn't see ratings going through the roof then.
        Eh.

Still.

Chloe brought in the highest ratings of the season, so far.

So good.

Comment

The trailer was weak as heck, and just cuz the trailer involved a ten seconds Clana scene (that wasnt even that interesting IMHCO) it doesn't mean it was a Clana centric episode.

If anything, this just prooves people are liking what they're seeing this second arc.

Im thinking Promise will get lousy ratings if they promote Lexana again, so I wonder what they're gonna come up with in the trailer, since episode 16 has been one of the lowest rated episodes for years now.

Comment

Action brings in the ratings. No one wants to see all this soap garbage. This being a Chloe centric episode just puts the icing on the cake :P

Comment

Chloe brought the rating in this episode... this episode was great i am happy it was all about Chloe..... i just didn't like that Lana had to come out.... she is always is trying to look for trouble so that Clark could save her.... But good job CHLOE

Comment

Well, it is good to see people understanding that that high quality, well written, and strong episodes bring in the ratings and not one particular person/ship -- except for if that person is Clark Kent.

Now, have we learned anything boys and girls?

Comment

These ratings prove to me once again that good, well balanced episodes will do well, less well balanced, poorly written episodes will do worse. That besides scheduling are the biggest indicators of ratings, good or bad. It's less of who might be featured, people want action, mythos and good writing. Not too surprising and I wish Goughlar would take note.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1
                    Well, it is good to see people understanding that that high quality, well written, and strong episodes bring in the ratings and not one particular person/ship -- except for if that person is Clark Kent.

Word.

Comment

Not to be disrespectful to Chloe as she certainly is a good character for the show...but don't you think there could possibly be other explanations?

This was an epsiode where Clark used all of his powers, a first if I'm not mistaken. There was also the Clark/Lana moments which it seems everyone agrees were some of the best ever with even some die hard Lana haters saying they actully disliked her less after the episode.

And for me, I always like the episodes where Lana (or someone) is on the trail of Clark's secret and is almost but not quite able to connect the dots. "Perry" comes to mind here.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1

Well said !!! This would put to rest the Clana=ratings. It's GOOD writing= good ratings.

Comment

The Valentines episode they pushed Clark and Lois in the trailer.

The last episode they pushed Lana hanging around in the barn and Lana getting closer to Clark's secret in the trailer.

In this episode they pushed Chloe being infected in the trailer.

This is why the last episode was called "Trespass" about Lana and this episode was called "Freak" because of Chloe.

Go Chloe!!

Comment

It's because it was action packed... I don't think Chloe brought all the viewers. I came because of Lana getting close to finding Clark's secret (Clana) and because I liked the past few episodes.

I think every character advanced their growth in episode and it was well round per each character.

Comment

Originally posted by Polomontana
                              The last episode they pushed Lana hanging around in the barn and Lana getting closer to Clark's secret in the trailer.
                              Of course, there's always the theory that after the last episode more people were curious about Lana's "search" and so tuned in for that. After all, to have high ratings a show has to look at not just the trailers, but the shows that led into it.

It's kind of the same with shows with bad ratings. Was the individual episode itself or the ones leading up to it that caused them? Kind of hard for an individual episode to have bad ratings on it's on merit because how would people know it was bad unless they tuned in for awhile and watched it? And if they tuned in wouldn't that increase the ratings?

I'd be more apt to look at a string of episodes as influening ratings rather than a single episode by itself unless it was a repeat that people had watched fondly before and so tuned in again.

Comment

Of course single episodes attract viewers like Jonathan's death, Zod or Justice. This is why you push things in the trailer and the title of the episode. If this episode was about Lana finding out more about Clark, they would have called it "Closer" after the show "Trespass." They called it "Freak" because Chloe is infected and that's the hook of the show.

Just like the hook for the Valentines show was Lois kissing Clark. I like Lana this season and Trespass was definately a Clana episode, but this was Chlark all the way. Like I said Lana is 100% better to me this season and I think she's tougher with Lex but Chloe is still the cream of the crop!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎