Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Freak

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a tracker, but some device to kill her. A bomb maybe? Thus, telekenesis couldn't help bowling dude.
    Besides, who says he can control anything but bowling balls and pins? That in itself is a power to be reckoned with.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianD
      yea i agree
      1. the bullet couldnt have went behind lana if clark hit it sideways, plus it should have went way further then it did
      2. how could u burn a hole right thru someone then take a gps device out w/ ur hand.
      3. if the device was inserted thru her naval how did it end up below her collar bone
      MOD NOTE: Please do not insult other posters.

They extracted DNA from her belly button, then they inserted the GPS. He might have hit it sideways towards her, making it end up not right behind her, but a bit to either side. He didnt burn thru, he burnt a hole, and took the gps out.
      Last edited by shansgrl; 02-18-2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peat Moss
        I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a tracker, but some device to kill her. A bomb maybe? Thus, telekenesis couldn't help bowling dude.
        Besides, who says he can control anything but bowling balls and pins? That in itself is a power to be reckoned with.
        If it was a bomb, then it would have exploded when Clark crushed it. It wasn't a bomb. Daniel Kim didn't die from an explosion, it was a car crash which was staged by Lex and Dr. Bethany's people.

Comment

Wouldn't the heat vision cauterize the wound?

It would be pretty hard to dig into someone's skin...

Comment

Originally posted by Red_K_Advocate
            Wouldn't the heat vision cauterize the wound?

It would be pretty hard to dig into someone's skin...
            True, but it's Smallville. If Chloe doesn't have a bandage next episode I will be very shocked.

Heat vision + Clark's huge fingers = ouch.

Who knows, maybe Chloe's wound will heal faster than Lana's stab wound from Zod.

Comment

Originally posted by InMyPlace
              To be fair, it's not like they had time to start scrambling around looking for tweezers, lol.
              Well, he could've sucked it out

Comment

From eviewing the scene a few times, I don't think the chip was very far under the skin.
                It looked like it was barely more then an inch under, since it was micro thin, he didn't really need tweezers.

Originally posted by Peat Moss

Clark said "It's just a GPS Chip".
                Like all BDAs know what they look like.
                Last edited by STFanatic; 02-18-2007, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meteor_phreak
                  My friend who watches the show but doesn't come here asked, "If the guy has telekenesis with enough control to affect bowling, why didn't he use it for self defense?"
                  You can say the same thing about any meteor freak that has died. Just because they have an ability, it doesn't mean they are invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by Raging Clue
                    You can say the same thing about any meteor freak that has died. Just because they have an ability, it doesn't mean they are invincible.
                    Yeah, it probably takes concentration to do anything. If he was accosted like that, he wouldn't have much of a chance, especially if they drugged him/whatever once they got him in the car.

What was he supposed to do telekinetically? Smash them upside the head with his pint? I'm guessing he hasn't really "mastered" telekinesis or his power is fairly weak if he is merely working at a bowling alley.

Originally posted by Raging Clue
                    If it was a bomb, then it would have exploded when Clark crushed it. It wasn't a bomb. Daniel Kim didn't die from an explosion, it was a car crash which was staged by Lex and Dr. Bethany's people.
                    Right. Chloe and Clark had a sense of urgency because for all they knew before the surgery, it was something that could kill her.

Though I agree that Clark knew it was "just a GPS" a little too readily/easily. Maybe he could sense its frequency with superhearing?
                    Last edited by dave73085; 02-18-2007, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I would like to note that Superman crushes bombs all the time to keep them from blowing up. Or at least occasionally. But it could have been poison, some type of electric shock, etc. I think Dan's death was staged to the point that it wasn't even a car crash at all.
                      If it was just a tracker, then couldn't Clark have protected Chloe when the goons came to get her? Would have been less painful that way. And why would people's dots turn red when they were killed, AND when the device was destroyed, if the death did not involve the device destroying itself?

Comment

Oh here's another thing. Lana was getting stalked by the papparazzi everywhere she went last week. This week she's in the middle of a crime scene and not one reporter is in sight...

Comment

Originally posted by dcf
                          Oh here's another thing. Lana was getting stalked by the papparazzi everywhere she went last week. This week she's in the middle of a crime scene and not one reporter is in sight...
                          Exactly what I was wondering too. Plus I was surprised there weren't any who had followed her to the bowling center. It would have been interesting hearing Lana explaining a picture of her and that guy helping her bowl to Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren5000
                            Here's a glaring error, please address it:

Chloe is strapped, adn the needle seems to extract in her belly button:

Yet why is this GPS found in her Shoulder? If something was put in the stomach area say, how did it go from her stomach to the shoulder? Did Luthor anticipate maybe somebody finding the GPS, but put in something 'Borg' like in Chloe that only he can control?
                            Just before they put the needle in her stomach, you hear one of them say "Extracting DNA".
                            The needle in her stomach was for DNA.
                            They put the chip in her shoulder later, which we don't see.

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
                            There was no scar? What do you call that?

I watched the episode again tonight and that scar is much higher and much more left than where the GPS was.
                            It's also quite big - if she had just got that scar the night before, I'm sure she would have noticed it.

I think it might just be one of AM's scars.
                            (Plus we never see her strapless?)

Comment

A scar in her shoulder, or anywhere else for that matter, would likely cause residual pain the next day, yet she was oblivious to anything that happened. Ah, well, suspension of disbelief leads ther pack around SV, ya know...

Comment

I may be naive but how do you implant a GPS tracker into someone's shoulder without leaving a mark that would at least be noticeable the next day? You would also think that Clark would have removed it at super speed which would greatly reduce any discomfort for Chloe. Baring that, Clark could have gone to the local drugstore and returned with tweezers in a split second. All facts that would detract from the drama of the moment however. Never the less, I'm getting a bit tired of Clark's being reactive instead of proactive. There is never any hesitation where Lana is in danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎