Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the begining of Matt turning to the Dark Side?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the begining of Matt turning to the Dark Side?

I would love to see Matt going bad-guy! Just for a little while. I'm sick of all these lame cops calling him weak.. REALLY sick of it. Again and again and again almost ad nauseam there is some dumb-as-paste cop labeling the guy incompetent.
    Eventually that's got to come to a breaking point.. after 15 episodes of hearing people tell him he is pathetic I want to see him STRIKE BACK!

So IMHO, I would love to see Matt go bad guy for a bit. Get some revenge and take what he wants.. of course he can always mature and come back to the good side of the force.. but seriously, I like the character and I want to see him get some credit in the show. The dude has Charles Xaviar powers.. in time, with access to all the worlds minds, the guy could be the greatest mind on the planet..

Fun to talk about.. what do you guys think?

It did say on the commercial "Who... will turn to the dark side" and they showed Matt after they showed Peter glaring.

Comment

Episode 1.17: Company Man
      Airdate: February 26, 2007

* 01/30 - H.R.G.'s past catches up to him as Matt and Ted Sprague (guest star Matthew John Armstrong), come to Texas looking for answers, and take him, his wife, son and Claire hostage -- leading to a tragic, explosive showdown. Secrets are revealed and new threats to the "heroes" are introduced. Tawny Cypress, Santiago Cabrera, Noah Gray-Cabey, Ali Larter, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Leonard Roberts and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow and Eric Roberts ("Less Than Perfect") guest-star. Source: NBC

02/13 - Matt can help Nikki. You picked up on how Matt is the only one who can hear Nikki and Jessica's thoughts, right? Well that will definitely come into play later on, as Matt grows even more of a backbone and once again encounters Linderman's new hit man (Jessica). HRG's intentions are true. Sure, his actions seem about as well-intended as Sylar's, but from what I hear, HRG is nowhere near the hair-raising evil that our boy Sylar is.

Comment

I kinda saw Matt helping out Jessica, it's good they're crossing paths b/c I was getting really tired of that plot line.

So what's Matty going to do with those sparkly rocks?

Comment

Probably getting himself into a lot of trouble. I can't actually see that ending well.

Comment

One of two things will happen in psi-cop v. psycho mom II. Either Matt will get another beatdown or and this is more likely he will use his power of the mind to pull Nikki out from Jessica

Comment

and then maybe rid Nikki of Jessica, by helping her fight or something.

Comment

The best thing about this show is that it does not show everything in the black and white (or red blue and yellow) that you usually find Superhero stories in, there are shades of grey for every character: HRG has done numerous nasties but his overiding concern is for Claire's safety, whereas she has saved a stranger from a fire but tried to kill her date rapist. Matt has now stolen diamonds from a crime scene instead of all the good things he has done, don't even get me started on Nathan who is deep down "just a sap". The only really bad person seems to be Syler, the only goodies seem to be Peter and Hiro. I love this aspect and think it makes the whole story much more realistic and "real world", and means that when people try and catogorise a character as Good or Bad, it is mostly a waste of time. The show should perhaps be called Antiheroes!

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp
                  The best thing about this show is that it does not show everything in the black and white (or red blue and yellow) that you usually find Superhero stories in, there are shades of grey for every character: HRG has done numerous nasties but his overiding concern is for Claire's safety, whereas she has saved a stranger from a fire but tried to kill her date rapist. Matt has now stolen diamonds from a crime scene instead of all the good things he has done, don't even get me started on Nathan who is deep down "just a sap". The only really bad person seems to be Syler, the only goodies seem to be Peter and Hiro. I love this aspect and think it makes the whole story much more realistic and "real world", and means that when people try and catogorise a character as Good or Bad, it is mostly a waste of time. The show should perhaps be called Antiheroes!
                  Great post. The gray area of Heroes is compelling. I still think I would like to see Matt dip towards his darker side for a while. It could be a very interesting story line to see him struggle with the good and bad that is in all of us.

Comment

I was screaming at my television "GO FOR IT, @&#^ THEM, THEY TREAT YOU LIKE @#&^!!!"

But I get a little worked up , Matt gets stepped on constantly by everyone, and in general has a lousy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
                      and then maybe rid Nikki of Jessica, by helping her fight or something.
                      I think the answer is not to rid one or the other but to get them to both coexist as one person. Nikki = Clark Kent, Jessica = Superman sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎