Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt vs. Jessica

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is Matt is in trouble once Linderman finds out he took the diamonds. Round 2 coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by FUZZYWOOKIEE
      All I know is Matt is in trouble once Linderman finds out he took the diamonds. Round 2 coming up.
      ohhh yea, that's true. but how is linderman gunna know? unless he has some all-knowing power.

Comment

Matt vs. Jessica was so much fun! I thought it would be no contest but Matt using his mind reading against her was so exciting! I wonder what he's going to do with those diamonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Uffr
          I think she can only channel Nikki's thoughts when there is a mirror they are looking at. That seems to be the only time they talk to eachother.
          There was a moment in the show whenever Nikki was on the stairwell looking down at Jessica. Jessica looked confused, and even glanced (I think) towards the mirror and didn't see Nikki. I took that to mean that maybe Nikki was getting stronger and was able to be a little more commanding. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Doox
            There was a moment in the show whenever Nikki was on the stairwell looking down at Jessica. Jessica looked confused, and even glanced (I think) towards the mirror and didn't see Nikki. I took that to mean that maybe Nikki was getting stronger and was able to be a little more commanding. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
            Yep, I was gonna mention that myself. Since the previous episode showed Nikki "trapped" in the mirror to represent that Jessica was suppressing her, I took the fact that Nikki appeared on the stairs rather than in the mirror to mean that she's "broken free" of Jessica's bonds and can not at least attempt to fight her off.

Comment

Oh, another thing - remember when Nikki was about to get beat by the guard with his nightstick and she caught it? She looked down, looked scared, and went into full Nikki-mode afterwards. I think she's going to eventually take back over and keep Jessica's strength.

Comment

Oh, another thing - remember when Nikki was about to get beat by the guard with his nightstick and she caught it? She looked down, looked scared, and went into full Nikki-mode afterwards. I think she's going to eventually take back over and keep Jessica's strength.
                Nitpick: she *was* Nikki when she broke the nightstick. But yes, it was definitely pointing towards the super-strength being something she can do as herself, not just as her alternate personality. That's why I continue to believe that the super-strength is her only power and the split personalities is just a mental disorder she has and will have to deal with. I don't believe Jessica really has any powers or is any kind of reincarnation of her sister, she is simply the personality that Nikki takes when she feels she needs to get some nasty things done, and she fights with herself over it because she doesn't truly want to be Jessica. So the arguments we see between them are representations of her inner turmoil. That's MHO anyways.

Comment

I don't quite understand the *nitpick* comment. I said she was Nikki in my post, and by "full Nikki-mode" I meant that she got very meek and scared. I never said she was Jessica when she caught the stick.

Comment

I don't quite understand the *nitpick* comment. I said she was Nikki in my post, and by "full Nikki-mode" I meant that she got very meek and scared. I never said she was Jessica when she caught the stick.
                    I just wanted to make it clearer. The "then went into full Nikki-mode" made it sound like she wasn't in full Nikki-mode. Since the scene proved that she had the super-strength *and* was still Nikki, she was in full Nikki-mode when breaking the stick already. Like I said it was just a nitpick to avoid any confusion.

Comment

Seems to me that Matt can only read one mind at a time and that could be a downfall. He never heard Nikki coming from behind when he was concentarting on the phrase 3 panels back.
                      Last edited by Caper 469; 02-13-2007, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Matt isn't an expert on his gift yet - he heard Niki because she was shouting at Jessica - but then Niki stuffed her away so she could concentrate on the job at hand.

I think if Matt practices then he'll be better at using his gift.

I was a little disappointed in that fight - but I guess it's just a building block for the future.

Comment

Question: If Jessica is not a separate entity in any way and it's all Nikki all the time (which is a great idea).. does that mean we will get a flash back some day showing us where Nikki received all of her combat and weaponry training?
                          I have always looked at this character as a Bruce Banner/Hulk type with Hulk/Jess having an innate understanding of how to be a monster/assassin.. But I could be way off. What I would really like to see is HEROES surprising us all on how Nikki's powers work. That's something I love about LOST, they lead you one way on a character for quite a while and even get you to dislike a character and then flip it on you! Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Lantern Vox
                            Question: If Jessica is not a separate entity in any way and it's all Nikki all the time (which is a great idea).. does that mean we will get a flash back some day showing us where Nikki received all of her combat and weaponry training?
                            I have always looked at this character as a Bruce Banner/Hulk type with Hulk/Jess having an innate understanding of how to be a monster/assassin.. But I could be way off. What I would really like to see is HEROES surprising us all on how Nikki's powers work. That's something I love about LOST, they lead you one way on a character for quite a while and even get you to dislike a character and then flip it on you! Good times.
                            I don't know about her having any training per se. I think her power is the super-strength and combat expertise, and I think it comes naturally.

Comment

I wonder if Niki and Jessica will ever split up physically? That would be awesome, showdown between the sisters!

When Jessica was going straight to Malsy, the camera zoomed really fast and he had this look of not just fear but disbelief. Maybe Jessica transformed into a monster when she does her killing that's why they don't show the actual killing.

I actually find her the most interesting because with Jessica/Niki she has a battle within. Besides she's the infamous Linderman's henchman. I'm also getting tired of the Hero complex of everyone trying to save the world. We really need Jessica and Sylar to bring havoc and chaos. Also love the line "who do I have to screw to get out of this place" And you know, she'll screw the guard all the way to the warden to save her arse. Love her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎