Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special F/X in "Run"

Discuss the Special F/X in tonights episode.

Not that many effects this episode. Come to think of it, other than the major episodes, this show doesn't have very many effects. So how is it people aren't whining about the effects being lacking week-after-week here but they complain every time Smallville doesn't have mind-blowing effects?

Comment

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

You're right other than the toaster puddle, not that many effects. Figures, I make a thread and it doesn't pan out.

Comment

Lol! That's exactly like something I would do too.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
          Not that many effects this episode. Come to think of it, other than the major episodes, this show doesn't have very many effects. So how is it people aren't whining about the effects being lacking week-after-week here but they complain every time Smallville doesn't have mind-blowing effects?
          On Smallville they created an expectation for those "in your face" kind of effects from day one. Myself, I indeed thought of blowing my mind out while they showed Clark superspeeding in slowmotion for the umpteenth time.
          No slowmotion on heroes so far, that just makes it seem more real and seamless. Speaking of seamless, they do a lot of greenscreen work and cgi composites with backdrops and elements (e.g. the scenes on the roof of that 30-story building in New York). I have no clue how much "invisible" effect elements there are in a standard Smallville episode though.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎