No announcement yet.

Dick Casablancas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Casablancas

I found it interesting that in ep 3x12 Dick confronts Logan about hooking up with his ex-girlfriend Madison and says "You don't do that to a buddy."

But apparently, it's ok for you to take a buddy's ex-girlfriend (who is obviously beyond mere drunkenness) into a bedroom and to encourage your brother to have sex with her unconscious body.

LOL yeah you are definitely right about that. But I'm sure no one is surprised that Dick is hypocritical, he doesn't seem the type to think things through.

On the flipside though, as much as one can find a million flaws about Dick and why he is such a....well....dick, I love the guy! I think he is one of my favorite characters, because as shallow as he is, I just enjoy watching his antics onscreen. He is such a complete character you know? His manner/personality never wavers and you always know what you are going to get with him.

In fact several times I told my sister I was going to have a t-shirt made that says

"I <3 Dick."

But we both realized that that may not be the best message to be sending people!! So then I thought maybe I could add Casablancas in parenthesis at the bottom. Cool t-shirt huh?

My favorite Dick moment is when he calls the teacher on the bus Ms. Dumbass and she corrects him "It's pronounced Du-maas, Dick." and then Dick was all "It's Reeshard" LMAO!!!

And I just found this video containing all the clips of Dick from S3!! I love him!

Veronica Mars' Dick Casablancas: Season 3

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne
      LOL yeah you are definitely right about that. But I'm sure no one is surprised that Dick is hypocritical, he doesn't seem the type to think things through.

On the flipside though, as much as one can find a million flaws about Dick and why he is such a....well....dick, I love the guy! I think he is one of my favorite characters, because as shallow as he is, I just enjoy watching his antics onscreen. He is such a complete character you know? His manner/personality never wavers and you always know what you are going to get with him.

In fact several times I told my sister I was going to have a t-shirt made that says

"I <3 Dick."

But we both realized that that may not be the best message to be sending people!! So then I thought maybe I could add Casablancas in parenthesis at the bottom. Cool t-shirt huh?

My favorite Dick moment is when he calls the teacher on the bus Ms. Dumbass and she corrects him "It's pronounced Du-maas, Dick." and then Dick was all "It's Reeshard" LMAO!!!

And I just found this video containing all the clips of Dick from S3!! I love him!

Veronica Mars' Dick Casablancas: Season 3

As far as the T-shirt goes, I think cafepress may have already done one like that.

No, I'm not at all surprised at Dick's being a hypocrite. He always seemed to embrace that whole 'if it feels good, do it (more than once!)' mindset. It's just, he's so tacky. Like baby-blue-tux-to-the-prom tacky, or watching-your-sister-undress tacky. Yeah, that about sums it up for me. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still love the character, much as I still love most of the VM characters. But still, he's tacky.

As far as the name goes... believe it or not, I was just thinking of this earlier this week. I knew a guy in college whose parents were first-generation Polish immigrants. His name was pronounced the same way that Dick says it in that episode, but it was spelled "Ryszard". I don't know why it came into my head this week, as it's something that has hit me each time I've seen that episode, but hey, the human brain is a funny thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlancheDuBois
        As far as the T-shirt goes, I think cafepress may have already done one like that.
        Really? Awesome. I want to see it. I'm going to have to check it out online.

It's just, he's so tacky. Like baby-blue-tux-to-the-prom tacky, or watching-your-sister-undress tacky.
        You nailed it right on the head. That is Dick to the core. Man, I love his character. I just come back to the fact that the writers for the show are brilliant. I mean the type of character Dick is, is certainly nothing new. He's the typical "shallow" frat guy. But by them choosing Ryan Hanson and giving him the lines that he has, the Dick Casablancas character really came alive and even though he is a generic "stereotypical character", he is not blande AT ALL. They somehow made him so original....such a joy to watch.

That's so funny that you were thinking of the name thing as well! And that's really weird about that guy spelling his name that way. Odd.

Comment

Not so weird about the spelling of the name. Consider that he was named by his parents who weren't born in America. Ryszard is just the Polish equivalent. Perhaps Dick's dad had eastern European blood. It could also be a family name - one that gets re-used on a regular basis.

Comment

Britt, I love the Ree-shard line too!

Ohhhh Dick. So many things I could say about this guy....

I think the whole reason he even got upset about the whole Madison thing is because he started to dig a little deeper within himself after Cassidy commits suicide. Obviously he is drunker than usual at the beginning of S3, and as the season progresses, he opens up more about his feelings and we see him trying to cope with his - GASP - feelings. So I think if the Logan/Madison thing had happened a year earlier, it might not have been as big of a deal to him. They were probably going to develop and humanize Dick more had there been a S4.

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
              Britt, I love the Ree-shard line too!

Ohhhh Dick. So many things I could say about this guy....

I think the whole reason he even got upset about the whole Madison thing is because he started to dig a little deeper within himself after Cassidy commits suicide. Obviously he is drunker than usual at the beginning of S3, and as the season progresses, he opens up more about his feelings and we see him trying to cope with his - GASP - feelings. So I think if the Logan/Madison thing had happened a year earlier, it might not have been as big of a deal to him. They were probably going to develop and humanize Dick more had there been a S4.

Excellent points, but I have to say that your last line had me rolling. I mean, really, Dick? Developed? Humanized? No way!

Comment

I'm not saying they were going to turn him into the nicest guy in Neptune, but obviously they were trying to show that he is actually has more to him than meets the eye.

Comment

No, I know what you mean. It's just hard to think of him that way. Up until he plays 'Dr. Phil' to a heartbroken Logan, he was pretty much a one-trick pony. Or snake or something.

Comment

No, I know what you mean. It's just hard to think of him that way. Up until he plays 'Dr. Phil' to a heartbroken Logan, he was pretty much a one-trick pony. Or snake or something.
                    Haha, yes, a one-trick snake! So right!

Comment

Hey!!! Who's calling my Ree-shard a snake!!!!!

*snuggles Dick Casablancas*....er on second thought I don't want to get any diseases!!!

Comment

Comment

To be fair, it was more a comparison than an insult.

(I still suggest plenty of protection. Even go as far as using latex gloves if you're going to shake his hand.)

Comment

Aww poor Dick...he got himself quite the reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
                              Aww poor Dick...he got himself quite the reputation.
                              Lemme fix that for you...

Aww poor Dick... he earned himself quite the reputation for bein' nasty.

There. All fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎