Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monstra
    I don't know, maybe I'll use the same excuse you guys used last week with the huge jump in ratings in Crimson between the Clois half and the Clana half

There was no Clark and Lois in this episode.

Which half did better?

Comment

Originally posted by airun
      I dont understand , if you watch the show regulary why would you turn it half way , because you're bored?
      that's not a true viewer and I don't think we need them kind of people watching
      In six years, I've never missed an episode and have every episode (all 124 of them) on DVD. I think thats considered a true viewer and probably a senseless viewer for sticking through some horrible episodes.

I was very bored in the first half hour and was suprised that the viewers actually increased by 500,000 in the second half hour.

In my opinion, there was about 5 minutes of that episode that was worth while.

I stated this because the ratings in the second half contradict my assessment of the episode. If other, less loyal, viewers felt the same way the #'s would have dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1
        There was no Clark and Lois in this episode.

Which half did better?
        When? Crimson?

First Half:
        8:00 p.m. V: 4.57 million, A18-49: 1.9/ 5

Second Half:
        8:30 p.m. V: 5.30 million, A18-49: 2.2/ 5

You can't exactly say people tune in the second half hour cuz they watch My name is earl, since I think The Office airs in the second half hour, and it gets even better ratings than MNIE.

You can't expect ratings to come back like they were before just like that, in S4 the ratings didnt jump back to S3 ratings right away, not even in the last episodes of the season that had some Clana. Im just saying, it's rather weird that the ratings are at it's strongest point when Clark and Lana are together.

And this episode was so not pimped as much as the last 4 ones, I mean not even people at Sweet knew wtf was up with the trailer cuz it was so freaking weird, making us less excited about the episode.
        Last edited by monstra; 02-09-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Doesn't prove why the jump was so big.. I agree that ratings tend to be higher in the last half hour, but the Crimson jump was insane.

This just goes to proove people really don't like to see Clark making out with random people.. Unsafe, Hypnotic, Crimson (first half) all prove this.

Now compare when Clana sex was promoted.. Slumber, Relic, Mortal..
          I believe the jump was about the same... 500,000 viewers. Which seems to be the average amount that SV jumps in viewership the second half, regardless of plot.

I agree with you that people don't want to see shameless making-out scenes w/o plot. However, they promoted the Clark/Lois making out (as well as Clana forced kissing) quite heavily for "Crimson" and the episode still pulled in more viewers than this episode did -- which didn't feature any make-out scenes at all.

So, imo, it's all about whether it follows the mythos in some way. "Crimson" was about the Lois/Clark relationship -- something that is firmly entrenched in the Superman mythos tradition. I'm not surprised that episode pulled in viewers since this episode was of the more generic variety.
          Last edited by eas; 02-09-2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Jump was almost 800,000.. like I said before, not even Justice got that big ass jump from half hour to half hour.

Comment

I really don't like Lana centric episodes.... but I still watch it......
              I wish it would of had more Chloe clark stuff in it...

Comment

When? Crimson?

First Half:
                8:00 p.m. V: 4.57 million, A18-49: 1.9/ 5

Second Half:
                8:30 p.m. V: 5.30 million, A18-49: 2.2/ 5

You can't exactly say people tune in the second half hour cuz they watch My name is earl, since I think The Office airs in the second half hour, and it gets even better ratings than MNIE.

You can't expect ratings to come back like they were before just like that, in S4 the ratings didnt jump back to S3 ratings right away, not even in the last episodes of the season that had some Clana. Im just saying, it's rather weird that the ratings are at it's strongest point when Clark and Lana are together.

And this episode was so not pimped as much as the last 4 ones, I mean not even people at Sweet knew wtf was up with the trailer cuz it was so freaking weird, making us less excited about the episode.

I'm speaking on this epsiode. The one that just aired. The one where there was no Clark and Lois.

Which half did better? The half with no clois or no clois?

Everyone tries to imply that Clark and Lana are the reason the ratings do well. I just think it's crazy how people think a certain ship brings in ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1
                  I'm speaking on this epsiode. The on that just aired. The one where there was no Clark and Lois.

Which half did better? The half with no clois or no clois?

I just think it's crazy how people think a certain ship brings in ratings.
                  The second half did better, just like it usually does with SV episodes.

Jump was almost 800,000.. like I said before, not even Justice got that big ass jump from half hour to half hour.
                  So your opinion is that about 300,000 viewers avoided the first half due the RedK Clois & just tuned in for the Clana in the end? I mean, given that about 500,000 typically tune in for the 2nd half anyway (regardless of plot) then it stands to reason that math adds up to about 300,000 Clana fans boycotting the first half of the episode, right? And this is only if we don't take into account that more people were willing to tune in for the ending just because it was an "event" episode & they were more curious than they typically are.

By how much did the total veiwership go down from "Crimson" to "Trespass"? What's the numbers on that? Because that would give something to compare. Meaning, how many people decided to not watch the show at all because it focused on Clana? About 240,000 people, right? These are people who didn't want to watch the episode at all because it was about Lana.

Because, honestly, if those 300,000 people you're so proud of for the "Crimson" ep are all that important, where were they for "Trespass"?? By all accounts, this episode should have gone up in ratings by at least that much for the whole episode b/c these are the people who only tuned into "Crimson" for Clana, right?? Instead of going down by 240,000??? Are you saying they didn't get the memo that "Trespass" was about Lana/Clana? Because I thought the trailers were pretty obvious.

In short: You can't really say that Clana brings in ratings. Honestly, you can't. Because these two episodes aired back to back and proved that Clana doesn't = ratings. The overall figures for "Trespass" wouldn't have gone down if it did. They would increased by at least 300000 (the same number you claim increased the ratings for the 2nd half of "Crimson").
                  Last edited by eas; 02-09-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                    The second half did better, just like it usually does with SV episodes.

eas, love your avi and accompanying tagline

Comment

Originally posted by chlarkfan333
                      eas, love your avi and accompanying tagline
                      Well, thank you. Coming from a Chlarker, that's a huge compliment.

Comment

Um, because everyone who was going to watch Justice was watching it from the beginning!

I'm pretty sure no one agrees with the theory that Clana brought in ratings for the second half of Crimson. How on Earth would anyone know it would be in the second half? And please, you have to give me a better excuse than the trailer, which doesn't give anyone any indication that certain parts of the episode will be filled with certain things. Unless all of the viewers are psychic.

Just face the facts. This was the self-proclaimed Clana episode that most Clana fans last week said would get higher ratings because of the trailer. And what happened?

I'm not one to attest ratings for one ship or another, but thinking that Clana brings in SO MANY VIEWERS and to say it lands the show an extra millions views is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                          [B

Half-hour Breakdown

8:00 p.m. V: 4.42 million, A18-49: 1.7/ 5
                          8:30 p.m. V: 4.93 million, A18-49: 2.0/ 5

[/B]

Thanks for the half hour breakdown. Seems like Smallville always pickup viewership in the second half hour regardless of ship. It's quite obvious that there are other shows in the 8 o'clock time slot that viewers prefer to watch. The same thing happened in last week episode.

Originally posted by Routh
                          Um, because everyone who was going to watch Justice was watching it from the beginning!

Yeap !!! Well said.
                          Last edited by canon; 02-09-2007, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Look the episode wasn't that good. Lana in trouble has been done to death. The only way they could even remotely interest the audience was to imply that Lana might find out the truth about Clark. Other than that, there was very little to recommend it. Frankly the Clana thing is what's driving this show down. The viewers they got when this show first started have had six years of watching this ship see saw up and down. They've also grown older and have engaged in adult relationships which make what's going on between Lana and Clark ridiculous. The newer audience can't get into it because they don't have the history and might be why they like the Chlark and the Clois thing so much more, because that has the chance of developing into something as opposed to stagnating like Clana.

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
                              Yes, it is. That should sink the crap out of the idea that Lana=ratings.
                              Everytime something dosn't go well, you are blaming Lana. So pathetic!

Originally posted by kkjdt
                              I really don't like Lana centric episodes.... but I still watch it......
                              I wish it would of had more Chloe clark stuff in it...
                              To much Chloe for my taste...

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
                                I'm pretty sure no one agrees with the theory that Clana brought in ratings for the second half of Crimson. How on Earth would anyone know it would be in the second half? And please, you have to give me a better excuse than the trailer, which doesn't give anyone any indication that certain parts of the episode will be filled with certain things. Unless all of the viewers are psychic.

This is precisely the argument I made in another thread. Justice was the most successful episode this season is terms of viewership and was unique in the sense that unlike most of the episodes this season, viewership was was more or less consistent for the entire hour. Smallville has typically gained viewers in the last half hour in just about every episode this season.

I'm not one to attest ratings for one ship or another, but thinking that Clana brings in SO MANY VIEWERS and to say it lands the show an extra millions views is ridiculous.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎