Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monstra
    Not really.. episode was promoted quite poorly compared to the previous 4, the trailer wasn't even that exciting and survivor was back.

Im not surprised really.

Oookay.

Comment

HAHA!

Really, monstra? The trailer was all about Clana, and the ratings flopped. Hmm. Interesting.

I can't WAIT to hear the excuses the Clana fans think up.

Comment

Well as long as the rating stays above the 4.5M it's ok.Thou if they will able to stay around the 5M I will be a lot more relaxed about the future of the series, I really though they'll learned from Justice and bring more mythos to the series.

Comment

If they could stay above 4.5 I am cool, too. 5 would be gold, though.

Comment

I dont understand , if you watch the show regulary why would you turn it half way , because you're bored?
            that's not a true viewer and I don't think we need them kind of people watching

Comment

What about people who TIVO the show as a whole to watch Ugly Betty?

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
                HAHA!

Really, monstra? The trailer was all about Clana, and the ratings flopped. Hmm. Interesting.

I can't WAIT to hear the excuses the Clana fans think up.
                I don't know, maybe I'll use the same excuse you guys used last week with the huge jump in ratings in Crimson between the Clois half and the Clana half

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                  Not really.. episode was promoted quite poorly compared to the previous 4, the trailer wasn't even that exciting and survivor was back.

Im not surprised really.
                  Maybe you can say "Survivor" impacted the ratings, but I don't think you can say that the episode wasn't advertised well. I watched the CW on Tuesday and Wednesday & on both nights the episode was advertised very heavily. Just as heavily as "Crimson" and "Labyrinth" had been advertised previously. "SV" is one of their highest rated shows and they advertise it accordingly to draw in the Thursday audience.

Personally, I don't think that ships affect the ratings, either way. I think it's all about the plot. The plot of this episode seemed incredibly tired and old. Lana is researching Clark's secret... again. Lana has a stalker... again. Clark saves Lana... again. Whenever I watched the trailer, I felt like I was watching an episode from season 1 or season 2. Boring, really. This wasn't an "event" episode like the last three have been. (Two directly related to mythos with the Justice League and the Clark/Lois relationship explored & one that was an AU episode.) Given that, I'm not surprised the ratings went down.

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                  What I don't understand is the over 500,000 viewer jump (4.42 to 4.93) in the second half hour. I was very bored in the first half and if I wasn't such a loyal viewer I would have changed the channel. The last 5 minutes of the show was about all I found interesting.
                  This happens very regularly with SV and other one-hour shows on the CW. Remember when it was on the WB? They used to have that half an hour catch-up mark at 8:30 that said, "If you are just joining us...." because they knew that more people tune in at the end of the show just to see how it's resolved. Or because they were watching something that ended at 8:30 & they need something to keep them occupied until another show starts 9:00.

So I don't think it's about the plot or anything. Meaning, Crimson's ratings didn't rise in the last half hour last week b/c of the Clana vs. the Clois, as some have claimed. It's just the nature of the business -- as this week has proven & other weeks have, as well.
                  Last edited by eas; 02-09-2007, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Doesn't prove why the jump was so big.. I agree that ratings tend to be higher in the last half hour, but the Crimson jump was insane.

This just goes to proove people really don't like to see Clark making out with random people.. Unsafe, Hypnotic, Crimson (first half) all prove this.

Now compare when Clana sex was promoted.. Slumber, Relic, Mortal..

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1
                      Thank You.

Also, the idea that Clana = Ratings.

HA!
                      True true..

Comment

I think the ratings are pretty good compared to the Lexana/Lollie arc in the first half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                          [B]Maybe you can say "Survivor" impacted the ratings, but I don't think you can say that the episode wasn't advertised well. I watched the CW on Tuesday and Wednesday & on both nights the episode was advertised very heavily. Just as heavily as "Crimson" and "Labyrinth" had been advertised previously. "SV" is one of their highest rated shows and they advertise it accordingly to draw in the Thursday audience.
                          There weren't any interviews or radio ads to coincide with "Trespass" unlike the heavy promotion for "Justice" and "Crimson".

Comment

I'm not surprised. When this show started to focused on the damn shippers, it went to hell. Look at the ratings for "Justice". That's what tells you what gets viewers. No Clana, no Lexana, not anything of that.

Comment

Did you all see the drop from Smallville to Supernatural? Wow. There is no excuse for that.

For the jump from the first half-hour to the second: Obviously, people are just watching Earl or 'Til Death and flipping over to Smallville when they're over.

The ratings are down this week, but it's had more competition than it's had in a long time. And, from the trailer, if I wasn't a Smallville fan, I wouldn't have watched last night.

Hopefully, with the better sounding plot next week, the ratings will go up again. Survivor usually drops off after the premiere anyways, doesn't it?

Comment

There weren't any interviews or radio ads to coincide with "Trespass" unlike the heavy promotion for "Justice" and "Crimson".
                                Actually, there were radio ads for Trespass. I heard it several times. It basically played up Lana being stalked, talking about how a billionaire's security couldn't save her, then you hear her say "Clark" and him say "You're safe now".

Very definitely playing up the Clexana.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎