Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monstra
    Point is, overnights were the same, and that's what matters when it comes to advertising.. I'd think that losing 180,000 to survivor wasn't that bad.
    That is an unsubstantiated claim. There is no evidence saying that the 180 000 lost viewers didn't watch only because of Survivor. Perhaps the those viewers went to bed early because they didn't like the idea of Clana. I'm NOT in any way saying that is why the ratings dropped, I'm just pointing out that the reason for the drop is unknown, it could have been due to any number of reasons.

Comment

For example, you can't say everyone loves Lexana when the numbers don't reflect that, having the lowest rated episode being Lexana centered two years in a row says a lot IMO.
      You know what? No one claims that. You happen to dislike Lexana, fine. But nobody claims that ratings are attributed to any one ship. Except for you, apparently.
      Okay then, Season 5 numbers were all about Brainiac, that's what got the good ratings, cuz you know how every woman in america is a Comic fan, when I see a show that's just what im looking for, to hell with romance and the relationships in the show! This discussion is pointless.
      You're right. It is pointless. YOU may watch it for one particular romance, but it's widely known that people watch mostly for the mythos.

Comment

you know how every woman in america is a Comic fan,
        Like me!!

Silver age/iron age/post crisis/post infinite crisis, love 'em.

Post infinite crisis Superman so far has been really good, a blend of the modern era and the good stuff from the silver age (Krypton, Mon-El, Legion, hopefully the insect queen, etc!) . I hope Smallville does more mythos related episodes and less shipping!

Comment

Ratings for the week of Feb. 5-11

CW Shows

Ranking.......Overall...............Program....... .....................Ratings
          1.................87................. Friday Night Smackdown.......CW 4.83
          2.................90................. Smallville.............................CW 4.74
          3.................91................. Gilmore Girls.........................CW 4.70
          4.................97................. Beauty and the Geek (Wed.) CW 4.21
          5...............108................. Reba (7:30 p.m.)................. CW 3.24

6...............110................. Everybody Hates Chris ...........CW 3.16
          7...............112................. 7th Heaven......................... CW 2.90
          8...............113................. Supernatural........................ CW 2.84
          9...............114................. All of Us...............................CW 2.74
          10.............116................. One Tree Hill ........................CW 2.73

11.............118................. Girlfriends..............................CW 2.71
          12.............120................. The Game.............................CW 2.63
          13.............121................. Reba (7 p.m.)........................CW 2.56
          14.............122................. Veronica Mars.........................CW 2.40
          15.............125 .................Beauty and the Geek (Sun.).... CW 1.43

Comment

Yeowch. I'm guessing Beauty and the Geek won't be back for another season. It sucked this year anyways.

Comment

The fact remains is that people tune in for episodes that forshadow. That is why eps with guest heroes and episodes like Rosetta pull in so many viewers. I know that the one thing that has really turned me off of this show over the years, is too much focus on angst ridden romance. Romance has a place in the show, but it isn't balanced with the mythology and character development anymore. It has become the main focus.

Comment

Someone posted the ratings for seasons 4-6 a few pages back, thanks for that. I noticed something interesting about two of my favorite episodes, Onyx and Memoria: both of them scored the lowest ratings. IMO Memoria is probably one of the best written episodes in the history of Smallville. The same goes for Onyx. I think almost everyone here will agree with me. Now the question is: what can possibly be the reason for the low ratings?

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeowch. I'm guessing Beauty and the Geek won't be back for another season. It sucked this year anyways.

That was the sunday encore episode.

This is its first run rating.

4.................97................. Beauty and the Geek (Wed.) CW 4.21

Comment

Originally posted by Absolute Kingdom
                    Someone posted the ratings for seasons 4-6 a few pages back, thanks for that. I noticed something interesting about two of my favorite episodes, Onyx and Memoria: both of them scored the lowest ratings. IMO Memoria is probably one of the best written episodes in the history of Smallville. The same goes for Onyx. I think almost everyone here will agree with me. Now the question is: what can possibly be the reason for the low ratings?
                    For some reason Lex centric eps always seem to do lower in the ratings for some reason. It never made any sense to me, especially with great eps like Memoria and Onyx, but that is how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                      For some reason Lex centric eps always seem to do lower in the ratings for some reason. It never made any sense to me, especially with great eps like Memoria and Onyx, but that is how it is.
                      That confuses me as well. Michael is a fantastic actor and episodes like Memoria, which is one of the best Smallville episodes ever in my opinion, amply demonstrate that fact.

Comment

I'm not sure about Memoria, but If memory serves me I believe Onyx came after a hiatus. Didn't it?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎