This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Exposed Quotes

1) Clark: Senator Jennings!

Jack: I know it's been a long time, but what happened to "Uncle Jack"?

Clark: It doesn't seem fit for someone who's on a first-name basis with the governor.

2) Jonathan Kent and Lex Luthor

Lex: I'm here to see Senator Jennings.

Jonathan: Lex, if you want to swing some mud, I would strongly recommend you do it at somebody else's house.

Lex: Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath for your vote.

Jonathan (sighs): You know, I've never liked you all that much, Lex, but I am even surprised by the depths you're willing to sink to.

Lex: And I'm sure you have such a good view of it all from your pulpit. Holier-than-thou is an easy fallback, Mr. Kent. It keeps you from really looking at the people around you.

Jonathan: I've know Jack for over 25 years. I've never had a more trustworthy or loyal friend. This state needs somebody like him, somebody who's willing to stand by their word, somebody who's willing to do what's right for everybody, not just for himself...Somebody who's willing to go up against people like you.

Lex: Well, if you know him so well, maybe you should ask your good ol' boy to explain this to you. After Clark's visit, I decided to look into the senator's unfortunate snapshot of himself. It's his cellphone record. Seems he's been calling dead stripper friend a little more than frequently.

Jonathan: When are you releasing this?

Lex: I'm not. But if I found it, you know the press won't be far behind. I thought he'd like a heads up.

3) Jack (to Jonathan): You've never had a lie get out of hand...Or you've never been caught at it.

Jonathan: I have never been in a position where people look up to me. You are Clark's hero.

Jack: So I'm not supposed to have faults, huh? Who can live up to that? You know why there are no heroes today...It's because at the end of the day, people don't respect them--they envy them. And they're just waiting for them to screw up.

4) Lois (to Clark): Hey 007...Nice of you to show up.

Clark: I'll start assuming that means thank you. Looks like it got caught on the cable.

5) Clark, Jonathan and Jack

Clark: Look, I know my dad's friendship means a lot to you, but there's a lot of other people out there who look up to you.

Jack (to Clark): I guess you can pull off the disguise of being superhuman for so long, huh?

Clark: What are you going to do?

Jack: I've called a press conference. I'm pulling out of the race.

Jack (to Jonathan): I'm pulling out of the race because I am no longer the best man for the job.

Jonathan: Are you sure? If you want to hang in there and fight, I'll be right behind you 100%.

Jack: I know, but all those things you said about me being loyal and trustworthy and willing to take on the Luthors of the world -- I might have been that man once, but I have to step aside when I see somebody who still embodies all those qualities.

Jonathan: Jack, you can't seriously be talking about Lex Luthor.

Jack: I am talking about you, Jonathan. Kansas could use a senator like you. You should think about it.

6) Lois and Clark

Lois (to Clark): Clark? Look, I am not great at this, so just keep your mouth shut and listen up. Even though I was kicking butt on the helicopter, it was really nice to have backup. And you didn't have to come after me, but you always do. So I wanted to say thank you. You're a really good friend. Oh, and, uh, about the lap dance...If you decide to tell anybody about it, your Elmer Fudd night-light will make a very public appearance.

Clark: Aye-aye...Sailor.

I love the give me a twenty and meet me out back

Comment

Originally posted by TWLOVER03
      I love the give me a twenty and meet me out back

Thanks, TWLOVER3 for answering my thread. I appreciate it. I, too, liked "Give me a 20 and meet me out back."

Comment

"Aye. Aye. Sailor"

Comment

Lois: Hey, 007. Nice of you to show up.
          Clark: I'll start assuming that means thank you.

Maggie: ...Mr. Lyon can't be arrested or tried for any crime he commits on our soil. Even murder. I'm sorry, I can't touch him.
          Lois: Well, I can
          She knocks the wind out of him

Lois: You don't have a key to the apartment, do you? You know, now that you two have been doing it.
          Clark: No, we--
          Lois: Good. I wouldn't want any surprise midnight visits

Clark & Lois: Congratulations!

Lois: Clark. Look, I'm not great at this, so just keep your mouth shut and listen up. Even though I was kicking butt on the helicopter... it was really nice to have backup. And you didn't have to come after me, but you always do. So I wanted to say thank you. You're a really good friend. Oh, and about the lap dance? If you decide to tell anybody about it... your Elmer Fudd night-light will make a very public appearance.
          Clark: Aye aye....sailor.

Comment

Clark: "Aye aye, sailor!"

While that was a witty retort to Lois' threat about his night light, what would have turned a very good scene into a brilliant one is if Clark saluted Lois and then marched out the room!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎