Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe really could have handled the situation with Jimmy much better.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nospam
    I actually find it hard to believe that Chloe did not recognize that her behavior towards Jimmy was patronizing and dismissive of his feelings.
    Sometimes, the truth is hard to admit, especially to oneself But it doesn't mean that Chloe can't rectify the situation and make amends w/ Jimmy.

The first & most painful step is recognizing that yes, there is a problem. Then hopefully Chloe will figure out the right thing to do next. I think the next episode (Trespass) will show us Chloe going through this process (soul searching and such).

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
      Sometimes, the truth is hard to admit, especially to oneself But it doesn't mean that Chloe can't rectify the situation and make amends w/ Jimmy.

The first & most painful step is recognizing that yes, there is a problem. Then hopefully Chloe will figure out the right thing to do next. I think the next episode (Trespass) will show us Chloe going through this process (soul searching and such).
      I agree that Chloe needs to do some soul searching regarding her life and her friendship with Clark. However, I want to see her develop more of a separate life from Clark and truly see her move past the pining. If in Trespass we see her and Clark discuss what happened and why that would be refreshing. However I do not want to see a conversation with Chloe and Clark turn into a "why don't you love me" conversation. It's over and done with. Chloe, of all people, should understand that it is not easy to get over someone (like Clark should be over Lana). It just doesn't work that way.

Just to clarify...when I wrote that Chloe needs a separate life from Clark I do NOT mean that they should stop being best friends.

Comment

I don't think it's about Clark at all. It's Chloe attidute toward Jimmy, look at how she treats him. Maybe it's because he isnt capable of handling her, or maybe because Chloe take this relationship lightly and care more about having fun (it sure look like that to me) and Jimmy want to get more serious. But I seriously think Chloe treats Jimmy badly, the way she dismiss him all the time. My point is they had issues even without bringing Clark in, Clark just brought them to the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda123
          maybe it made her realize she has yet to deal with those feelings and it really wouldn't be fair to Jimmy for her to date him when she has unresolved feelings for Clark.
          why wouldnt it be fair

my god she is never going to get clark, i think we all accept that much, and i think we all accept that clark is her first love, and spec seeing as he is an alien, she will prob never get over him

so she can date whoever the hell she wants despite her feelings or she can be alone forever... now what is unfair about chloe not being alone

sure she may have feelings for clark, but that doesnt mean she cnt have feelings for jimmy too, he should accpet that, god it makes me mad

Comment

She did. I would break up with her because he was right. If he had gone on a rampage like Clark had done, she would have never of spoken to him again. Of course, he dosent know why Chloe forgives him because of it, but you know. He dosent feel like shes being honest and she isnt doing her best to tell or show him why he feels that way in any form.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
              sure she may have feelings for clark, but that doesnt mean she cnt have feelings for jimmy too, he should accpet that, god it makes me mad
              Well, even if she decided to have feelings for both men (since we definitely can't judge her just because of that), then treat them both of them accordingly. It was an issue because up to this point we've seen Chloe is always putting Clark before Jimmy no matter what.

Comment

Something Clark said to Chloe ages ago basically says what someone should say to Jimmy: "Then why is it everytime you see us together you look at me like I'm cheating on you." It seems like everytime Chloe is around Clark he gets jealous and either trys to disrupt them or join in, I know she's his girlfriend but he dosen't have to be around her every second and get jealous when she hangs out with her friends even if it's on a regular basis.

Jimmy set him and Lois up together so he didn't have to worry about Chloe, that's why he was so eager to play matchmaker and he got jealous when Chloe said that Clark probably isn't intrested in Lois. Jimmy did have a point about Chloe letting him off really easy but he didn't realise maybe he was infected with something in the lipstick, he just jumped the gun.

I'm not sure if Chloe actually knows that the red Kryptonite only makes Clark tell the truth in one way or another, or wether she thinks he just made up what he said about her because he was angry and that's not how he feels. When they broke up, it looked like Jimmy smerked as in he liked being in control and breaking it off hoping she would come crawling back.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
                  Once again a character on this show sleepwalks into a contrived dilemma...........................

In addition, I do think she let Clark off a little too easily. Yes, he was affected by RedK, but those were honest feelings he bared at the engagement party and I think Chloe should have been a least a bit upset with him. I know would have been.

I sometimes wonder if the writers of this show ever read anything more adult than Sweetvalley High.
                  I have to agree, this scene just felt so forced to create angst and drama betwen Chloe and Jimmy. Chloe could have easily said yeah Clark was drugged up and he his actions way overboard and that could have ended this scene quickly without the angst, but I guess that isn't Smallville style

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎