Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe really could have handled the situation with Jimmy much better.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe really could have handled the situation with Jimmy much better.

Once again a character on this show sleepwalks into a contrived dilemma. Chloe could have handled the situation with Jimmy a thousand different ways than the way she did.

The fact that Lois was affected by the "love potion" as much as Clark was affected by the RedK offered a convenient way for Chloe to explain the behavior of both without being completely dishonest to Jimmy. After all, Lois wasn't herself and everyone assumed that Clark was affected the love potion, including Lois.

In addition, I do think she let Clark off a little too easily. Yes, he was affected by RedK, but those were honest feelings he bared at the engagement party and I think Chloe should have been a least a bit upset with him. I know would have been.

I sometimes wonder if the writers of this show ever read anything more adult than Sweetvalley High.
    Last edited by Nospam; 02-07-2007, 09:25 AM.

Well in all honesty, I think she was confused about her feelings. Maybe she thought she was finally beginning to get over Clark and then with "Kal" saying those horrible things to her, maybe it made her realize she has yet to deal with those feelings and it really wouldn't be fair to Jimmy for her to date him when she has unresolved feelings for Clark.

As for her letting him off easy, that is yet to be told.. I guess we'll find out and I'm sure she will because when it comes to Clark, Chloe just can't be mad at him. If I were Chloe, he would so pay..

Comment

I think that, if Chloe would have explained things to Jimmy, made Jimmy understand that, when Jimmy said "if it had been me..." he was way off base.
      Jimmy needed to realise that, not only has chloe know Clark much longer than she has know Jimmy, not only did Chloe and Clark have a relationship long before Jimmy came around, but the simple fact that Clark has not only saved her but lots of people, also allows her to not only give him the benefit of the doubt BUT also makes it easier for her to forgive him.

I mean, Jimmy's issues are HIS issues and HIS insecurites, BUT yes, Chloe could have made things a tad more easy to understand for him.

nevertheless, the writers chose the path of "J-Chloe termination" and as such, we must all accept it.

Comment

Well Clark and Jimmy are supposed to be bestest of friends so this aint the best of starts. Then again in some comics Jimmy liked Lois before Clark shows up (not 100% sure).

Comment

Re: Chloe really could have handled the situation with Jimmy much better.

Originally posted by Nospam
          Once again a character on this show sleepwalks into a contrived dilemma. Chloe could have handled the situation with Jimmy a thousand different ways than the way she did.

The fact that Lois was affected by the "love potion" as much as Clark was affected by the RedK offered a convenient way for Chloe to explain the behavior of both without being completely dishonest to Jimmy. After all, Lois wasn't herself and everyone assumed that Clark was affected the love potion, including Lois.

In addition, I do think she let Clark off a little too easily. Yes, he was affected by RedK, but those were honest feelings he bared at the engagement party and I think Chloe should have been a least a bit upset with him. I know would have been.

I sometimes wonder if the writers of this show ever read anything more adult than Sweetvalley High.
          One can't really blame her! I think she has been in the role if a loyal ever so understanding best friend for so long that she simply doesn't know how to be really mad at Clark, which she actually should be because he does have a nasty habit of ruining every good thing in her life! Clark does take Chloe for granted and he is a bad friend at times!
          She should be mad at him, but I think it's easier for her to be in denial about that and keep forgiving Clark than actually be mad at him, and actuallly evaluate what she is getting out of the friendship, if it's less that she is giving, and it it is by the way!
          If she did that, then she would realise that, and that would hurt ehr a lot more that what Clark said to her at the party because it would mean that she put a lot of energy and effort into a friendship and meanwhile the other party involved takes it for granted and doesn't put the same effort!
          Last edited by umm; 02-07-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

What? Chloe did something wrong? Noooo, that could never happen.....

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
              What? Chloe did something wrong? Noooo, that could never happen.....
              Oh, my old friend sarcasam showing itself again!

Comment

You know why Chloe is in Clark's Back Pocket? Because she makes herself that way. She wasn't upset with Clark because she want herself in the position where she will always be there to 'baby' him.

If she really wanted things to work out differently with Jimmy, she would have fought more and explained more. I read that in upcoming epsiode she will reevaluate her feelings, so, hopefully she will start to realize how pathetic this all is.

Comment

I agree, I think if she really wanted to preserve her relationship with Jimmy she should have made more effort to reassure him that she wanted to be only with him. It didn't help any that she barely said anything that would give him the impression that she was 100% over Clark. And as much as she'd like to believe she is, something held her back namely the BDA.

Come back Chimmy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8erGur1
                    You know why Chloe is in Clark's Back Pocket? Because she makes herself that way. She wasn't upset with Clark because she want herself in the position where she will always be there to 'baby' him.

If she really wanted things to work out differently with Jimmy, she would have fought more and explained more. I read that in upcoming epsiode she will reevaluate her feelings, so, hopefully she will start to realize how pathetic this all is.
                    O.K, I'll budge! But tell me, how was she supposed to have explained it any better than she did! She can't very well tell Jimmy: 'Sorry hun, but the reason why I keep defending and forgiving Clark is because he is an alien from a long disappeared planet, who sadly has this awful habit of getting himself into sticky situation and by proxy me as well!'
                    Was she supposed to tell him that?

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                      O.K, I'll budge! But tell me, how was she supposed to have explained it any better than she did! She can't very well tell Jimmy: 'Sorry hun, but the reason why I keep defending and forgiving Clark is because he is an alien from a long disappeared planet, who sadly has this awful habit of getting himself into sticky situation and by proxy me as well!'
                      No, but don't forget that Lois was affected by a love potion and acting bizarrely, so she just assumed that Clark was affected as well. Chloe could have told Jimmy the potion seemed to have an adverse affect on Clark without giving anything away. It also would have helped things if Chloe feigned some level of disappointment in Clark for Jimmy's benefit.

I still maintain that Chloe should have been genuinely upset with Clark, on some level. I think she brushed the whole incident off far too easily and that hurt Jimmy, who raised a very good point when he said that Chloe would never have forgiven him so easily. I actually find it hard to believe that Chloe did not recognize that her behavior towards Jimmy was patronizing and dismissive of his feelings. Women typically do not respond that way.
                      Last edited by Nospam; 02-07-2007, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                        Listen. Chloe didn't have to come outright and reveal anything about Clark. Her relationship with Jimmy isn't about Clark! That's the thing that she doesn't understand. She could have been more upset with Clark and told him what happened with Jimmy in order to save her relationship. She also could have said more to Jimmy as well -- a lot more. Telling Jimmy Clark's secret has nothing to do with that. Everyone who didn't know about Clark secret was under the impression that he was uder the love spell as well -- and she knew this. She didn't say anything more to save her relationship because her relationship with Clark, not even keeping his secret because this was all going on way before then, has put her into the Back Pocket Place. She's revolving everything she does around Clark and it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
                          No, but don't forget that Lois was affected by a love potion and acting bizarrely, so she just assumed that Clark was affected as well. Chloe could have told Jimmy the potion seemed to have an adverse affect on Clark without giving anything away. It also would have helped things if Chloe feigned some level of disappointment in Clark for Jimmy's benefit.

I still maintain that Chloe should have been genuinely upset with Clark, on some level. I think she brushed the whole incident off far too easily and that hurt Jimmy, who raised a very good point when he said that Chloe would never have forgiven him so easily. I actually find it hard to believe that Chloe did not recognize that her behavior towards Jimmy was patronizing and dismissive of his feelings. Women typically do not respond that way.

I am not saying Jimmy was wrong, and I am not saying Chloe was right in how she handeled things, I am however saying that the situation was difficult for all parties involved, and it easy to be smart after the fact, I mean they do say hindsight is 20/20!
                          We can debate to the end of time what Chloe could have done and what she couldn't have, but irrelvent of of this recent events, I will agree that she has some soul searching to do and she shouldn't have been so quick to forgive Clark, cos whether he, she or anybody wants to admit it, Clark meant every word he said during the red-k intoxication time! Especially when he is on red-k is he open and honest, and Chloe needs to deal with that!

Comment

When Jimmy said what clark did was wrong.. She should have said.. of course it was wrong .. but he was having a simillar issue with the potion that Lois was having.. but I think what got jimmy was that she didn't say what he did was wrong..

And when it comes to her being mad at him for being cruel to her.. well its not like she doesn't understand exactly how he feels.. wanting to be with some idolized figure .. the only difference is Clark doesn't know the real Lana.. while Chloe does know the real clark.. they still can't have that person and while Clark is still holding on and bottling it up.. Chloe has let it go and moved on and wants to be happy with someone that loves her back.. I love jensen Ackles but my husband isn't going to leave me for it.. (of course he doesn't live next door either).. but unrequited love is just that, she sucked it up and moved on..

Comment

Unless we see Chloe really tried her best to get over Clark for real, I'd say every relationship she'd be in would only end up in disaster. The fact that Clark is her best friend for almost a decade doesn't override the guy's own feelings as a person.

And the way I see it, even if she decides to pine forever for Clark but still gives it her best shot to be involved in a relationship, the only way it would work if that guy also has the privilege of knowing Clark's secret as well. So she wouldn't have to make excuses and sweep everything under the rug when it comes to Clark, the very reason why Jimmy decided to break it off with her. Like Pete maybe, or one of the JL members. Bart Allen seemed to be a good match for her anyway.
                              Last edited by freefall; 02-08-2007, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎