Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny’s Children

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very fascinating and unique story! Hope to see more stories from you in the future.

Comment

truly awesome!

thanks for sharing with us!

(i'm happy to see i'm not the only one who has invading dreams by the fanfic faeries)

Comment

In a word: BRILLIANT! Thanks for writing this amazing story and for sharing it with all of us.. You rock!

Comment

Oh nooo. This just can't be over :-(( Even though my laptop still refuses to work dependabely, I was able to bring him to offer me at least some installations. One of them is the internet (thank God). So now that I'm back - what about a sequel to this fantastic story? I would so love to read about the 2kids and one on the way family :-)

Comment

That was such an awsome story. It's a real shame it's over though.

Comment

this is definately a nice story...Al Miles should hire you...Firebunny as their writer...!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebunny
                Are you giving me a chance to promote myself? How can my ego turn you down?

I have several other Chlark stories, but they're very different from this one. They're all smutty and comedic.
                Underneath
                Receiving the Pulitzer
                Mounting an Attack
                And I just started posting the story that I abandoned to write this one
                Waking

I also have a comedic non smutty Chlana (friendship) story
                A Drink Between Friends Warning to Lana fans, she doesn't come off in the best light in this fic.

cool, thanks very much I will be checking them out shortly

Comment

Kissing Heaven

I've received a few requests to write up some of the scenes that follow this story. And as much as I try, I can't seem to leave this universe behind. So, here's what happens next. This vignette takes place the weekend after the story ends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kissing Heaven

Clark hopes Chloe doesn’t notice that he’s staring at her, but the way her skin reflects the setting sun is amazing. He can’t look away.

“So, you’re strong and fast and you can fly,” she’s saying. “What else can you do?”

He’d rather they not have this conversation. He hasn’t been home in days. He’s taken on a huge responsibility becoming the protector of Metropolis and he still has his job at Lexcorp. There isn’t much time for anything else. Now that he’s back in Smallville he wants to relax and enjoy his family, but Chloe can’t stop being a reporter. She wants to know all the facts.

She stops walking and looks at him. A breeze blows a strand of hair across her face and she brushes it away with her hand. “You can do other things, can’t you?” she asks.

Clark digs his hands into his pockets. “Yeah.”

“Like what?”

“I can see through things,” he says, “like an x-ray.”

“Really? That could be handy. What are the kids doing right now?”

Clark gazes across the pasture towards the farmhouse. “My mother’s brushing Lizzie’s hair and Teddy’s picking out a book… two books.” He looks at Chloe. “Mom never read me two stories before going to bed.”

Chloe smiles. “Can I tell you how awesome your mother is?”

“I’d agree with you if I’d ever gotten two bedtime stories,” Clark grumbles.

“What else?” Chloe asks.

“I can set stuff on fire just by looking at them.”

Chloe blinks a couple times. “Oh.”

“Yeah, that was a hard one to get under control,” Clark says, “but I did get it under control.”

“I don’t want to think about Teddy or Lizzie developing that power.”

“I’ll help them.”

“I should invest in asbestos curtains.” She looks at Clark again. “Is that all?”

“I can hear pretty well.”

“A lot of people can hear well, Clark. I don’t think that counts as a special ability.”

“I can hear really well,” Clark says, but he can tell she doesn’t believe him. “I can hear the baby.”

Chloe’s mouth drops open slightly and she places her hands flat against her stomach. “You can hear the baby right now?”

Clark nods.

“What’s it doing?” she asks.

“Not much. Just hanging out,” Clark says. “I can hear its heartbeat.”

Chloe takes a moment to absorb this information, then she asks, “Have you seen the baby?”

Clark nods again.

“Who does it look like?” Chloe asks. “Does it look like me? Because Teddy and Lizzie look just like you and I’d like to have one kid who resembles me.”

“It doesn’t look like either of us,” Clark says. “It’s just a tadpole with nubs.”

“Nubs? It has nubs already?” Chloe tries, but she can’t repress the smile on her face. A laugh escapes her lips. She looks down at her stomach and says, “Hello Nubby.” She laughs harder.

Clark’s not sure why this news makes Chloe so happy, but her mood in infectious and he laughs too.

“It’s not fair,” she says. “You get to see and hear the baby.”

“You get to feel it,” he says.

“Not yet.”

“Soon.”

“Soon,” she agrees.

Clark has an urge to take her hand or put his arm around her, but they haven’t figured out yet where they’re going with this relationship. He doesn’t want to presume anything.

“Were you born this way?” she asks.

“Yeah,” Clark says.

He can see her next question written on her face. He doesn’t want her to ask it. He doesn’t want to have to answer it, but Chloe deserves to know the truth.

“I’ve lived here all my life,” he says, “but I’m from a different planet.”

The smile dissolves off Chloe’s face.

Clark knows what she’s thinking and it hurts him. The hardest issue he’s ever had to confront is that he’s not human. He thinks like a human and he feels like a human, but it’s not enough. He hates the idea that Chloe views him differently now, that she’s realizing her children are half alien.

She takes a couple steps away from him. Clark doesn’t move.

The sun has almost set. Golden light hits the back of Chloe’s head casting a dark shadow across her face and he can’t see her expression.

“That’s amazing, Clark.” She speaks so softly, it’s almost a whisper. “We’re so lucky you came here.”

A sense of relief washes over him. He wants to kiss her to show her how much she means to him. He settles, instead, for impressing her.

“Have you ever touched a cloud?” he asks.

“No,” Chloe says as she tucks a lock of hair behind her ear.

“Would you like to?”

Chloe nods.

He reaches out his hand to her and she takes it. He pulls her close to his body and then wraps his arms around her.

He looks up and they soar into the air. He heads for a low flying cloud, fiery orange from the rays of the dying sun.

Chloe gasps as they break through the golden wall of the cloud. She closes her eyes and stretches her neck, letting the particles of water brush over her eyelids, her cheeks and her lips.

Clark notices ice crystals sparkling in her hair. She’s starting to shiver. He grips her more tightly and places his face against her cheek to help warm her.

He can feel her smile.

Without slowing, Clark heads out of the cloud and back towards the earth. Chloe lets out a whoop of excitement as the air rushes past them.

Before they reach the ground he slows to a stop and rights himself, then he softly touches down.

He doesn’t let her go. She’s too comfortable in his arms.

She looks up at him. Her eyes are sparkling. She opens her mouth to say something, but no words come out.

This is the moment Clark’s been waiting for. He takes the opportunity to do what he’s wanted to do since the first day he met her.

He kisses her.

The End

Click here for the next installment, A Bad Day Part One
                  Last edited by Firebunny; 06-08-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I so glad you decided to write scenes in this AU. This scene is perfect. I love the "alien" reveal and Chloe's reaction.

I have to ask, what happened to Lois? Does she know Clark is with Chloe? Yeah, I'm desperately trying to get you to write more. Did it work?

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Yay, you gave me/us a valentines gift!
                        I'm so happy you let us have another moment with this wonderful, awesome story! Now we have to make a list for all the occasions you can suprise us with another short sequel ;-))

Comment

Wow that was beautiful! Clark took her up to touch a cloud, he is so sweet I loved it

Comment

Awww lovely moments!

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              PLEASE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A Bad Day Part One

Here's the next installment in this saga. It's a two parter.

Warning: As sweet as the last one was, this one's angsty. Don't expect a happy ending.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                A Bad Day

“I can’t watch,” Chloe says and she turns her head away.

Clark is in the backyard tossing Lizzie ten to twelve feet up while Teddy runs in circles around them. Lizzie screams happily as she flies through the air.

Martha, sitting next to Chloe on the steps of the back porch, puts her hand on Chloe’s knee and says, “He’s not going to drop her.”

“I know,” Chloe says as she studies the porch pillar, “and she’d just bounce if he did. I still can’t watch.”

“Again,” Lizzie demands.

“My turn,” Teddy chimes in.

“Maybe later,” Clark says. “We’ve got company.”

Chloe peers down the long driveway. She can see a Ford Fusion just pulling in. Damn, Clark’s hearing is good.

“Chloe,” Clark says and she looks back at him, “someone’s with her.”

Chloe hadn’t specifically told Lois to come alone, but she can’t imagine who she would bring with her, except maybe…

A ball of dread is forming in Chloe’s stomach. She wasn’t particularly looking forward to today, now it seems to have gotten ten times worse.

She stands up and walks down the porch steps as the car pulls up to the house. Lois is out of the car almost before the engine has stopped.

“Chloe!” she says and then embraces her cousin. Her eyes drift over to the yard where Lizzie and Teddy are climbing Clark like a jungle gym. “Hello Clark,” she calls. Her face holds an expression of surprise mixed with excitement. It’s the excitement that adds to Chloe’s sense of dread.

The passenger door opens and a middle aged man climbs out.

“Dad,” Chloe forces herself to smile.

“Honey,” he says as he makes his way around the front of the car and gives her a big hug. “I was worried about you.”

“I’m fine,” she says a little nervously. “We’re all fine.”

Martha is now standing a few feet behind her. Chloe breaks the embrace and turns to her.

“Martha, this is my father, Gabe Sullivan. Dad, this is Martha Kent. She’s been kind enough to take us in for a little while. And,” she says the next words as nonchalantly as she can, “that over there is her son, Clark.”

Gabe shakes Martha’s hand, but his eyes never leave Clark. Chloe can practically see what he’s thinking, how Clark’s dark hair and green eyes are the same as her children’s dark hair and green eyes.

This is why Chloe didn’t want him to come. She knew she would have to talk to him sooner or later. She was just hoping it would be later.

“Lunch is almost ready,” Martha says. “I’ll go set the table.”

“No.” Chloe grabs Martha’s arm. What she’s about to say is very cowardly, but she says it anyway. “I’ll do it. Lois, would you like to help me?”

“Sure,” Lois says and the two women make their way towards the house.

Chloe knows she shouldn’t leave Clark out here with her father, but she can’t deal with the situation right now. She’s not prepared.

She holds the screen door open for Lois and takes one last look before entering the house.

“Grandpa, this is Clark,” Teddy says. His arms encircle Clark’s neck and he hangs like a cape down his back. Lizzie is sitting on Clark’s foot, her arms and legs wrapped around his calve.

As encumbered as he is, Clark still manages to offer Gabe his hand. “Sir,” he says respectfully.

Gabe reluctantly shakes his hand and says, “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

Chloe steps into the house before she has to witness anything else.

Lois stands right inside the door, looking at Chloe expectantly.

“I couldn’t believe it when I saw the name Kent on the mailbox,” she says.

“Uh-huh.” Chloe doesn’t look at her. She walks past her towards the cabinets.

“First you tell me you can’t trust him and now you’re living with him.”

“I’m not living with him,” Chloe says as she takes down a stack of dishes. “I’m living with his mother.” Technically this is true. Clark’s legal address is in Metropolis.

“So, you trust his mother but not him?”

Chloe turns to face Lois. “I was wrong about Clark,” she says handing the dishes to her cousin. “He’s actually been… very helpful.”

“I told you he was a great guy.” Lois takes the dishes and moves towards the kitchen table. “Does he ever ask about me?”

“What?”

“It’s not like I want to get back together, but if I knew why he broke up with me then maybe I could, you know, change.”

“We don’t really talk,” Chloe says and this is a blatant lie. They talk all the time, just not about Lois.

Lois places the dishes on the table then peers out the window into the backyard. “Chloe you’ve got to see this,” she laughs. “Your dad’s giving Clark the evil eye. I bet he thinks Clark is Teddy and Lizzie’s father.”

This is the moment Chloe’s been dreading, but she knows she has to go through with it. “He kind of is,” she says.

Lois’ face goes blank. “What do you mean?”

“Clark is their father.”

Lois takes a moment to absorb the information. “How long have you known?” she finally asks.

“I found out last week,” Chloe says. “He found out a few days before that.”

“That’s why he broke up with me.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, that’s not really something I can change.”

Chloe can see the pain in Lois’ eyes and it hurts her too. No one has stood by her the way her cousin has. When her life was falling apart, when she found herself mysteriously pregnant, Lois was the only person she could trust. Now she feels like she’s betrayed her.

Lois focuses her attention on the dishes and starts placing them around the table. “Are you two a couple or something?”

“No,” Chloe says and this is more than technically true. The other night she and Clark shared a kiss, but since then nothing has happened between them. She has no idea how Clark feels about her and even less of a clue how she feels about him.

“Well, I’m very happy for you,” Lois says never lifting her eyes from the kitchen table.

Lunch doesn’t go well. Martha and Clark do their best to keep a conversation going, but it’s not easy. Gabe spends his time looking at the children or looking at Clark, while Lois just pushes her food around on her plate. Chloe busies herself with cutting up Lizzie’s ham until it’s not much more than mush. If it wasn’t for Teddy, who yaps away happily, they would be sitting in silence.

At one point Teddy says, “Grandpa, Clark can fly.”

“Teddy, don’t make up stories,” Chloe says a little sharply.

“You don’t remember because you were asleep,” Teddy whines.

Chloe smiles at her father. “He’s entered a very imaginative phase,” she says.

“Fly. Fly,” Lizzie chants.

“And so has Lizzie.”

Gabe puts down his fork. “So, how did you two meet?” he asks.

Chloe takes a sip of water so she doesn’t have to answer. Gabe stares expectantly at Clark.

Finally Clark answers him. “We actually met through Lois.”

“Yeah,” Lois says. “We used to date.”

“Really?” Martha says with a touch of surprise. “Clark, you never told me that.”

Lois smiles bitterly. “Well, he wouldn’t, would he?”

Eventually the children are itching to go back outside and run around. Chloe volunteers to do the dishes so she doesn’t have to be around her father or Lois, but Gabe says that he’ll help. She can’t get out of talking to him.

Once they’re alone Gabe says, “So, this is the guy, huh?”

Chloe immerses her hands in the soapy water and starts scrubbing a dish. “Yeah.”

“I’m glad to see he’s finally taking some responsibility.”

Chloe rinses the dish off and hands it to her father. He dries it with a towel.

“Don’t start,” she warns.

“Teddy’s only going to be five in August,” Gabe says. “It’s a little late to start acting like the boy’s father. At least Lizzie’s young enough that she probably won’t remember a time when he wasn’t around.”

“It was my decision,” she says as she shoves a glass into his hands. She can’t explain to him that she and Clark were unwitting participants in a Luthorcorp experiment. It’s easier for her to take the blame. “I wasn’t sure where the relationship was going and I wanted to protect the kids.”

“How can you be unsure of the relationship?” Her father is rapidly losing his temper. “You’ve been involved with him for over five years. My God, you have two children together.”

“Three,” Chloe says, because now’s as good a time as any to tell him about the baby. She doesn’t care if it shocks him. She just wants him to shut up.

Gabe stares at her for a moment, then he slams the glass down on the counter so hard Chloe’s surprised it doesn’t break.

“Damn it, Chloe,” he says. “At least tell me that he’s going to marry you this time.”

Chloe looks out the window. She sees Clark looking back at her. Their eyes meet.

She knows he’s listening in on their discussion and if pisses her off. Will she ever be able to have a private conversation again?

She faces her father. She’s so hot with anger, she’s sure her face is turning red. Her next words she says for Clark’s ears as well as for her father’s.

“We’re not getting married, Dad. We’re never getting married. He doesn’t love me and I don’t love him.”

(tbc)

A Bad Day Part Two
                                Last edited by Firebunny; 06-08-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎