• Show
Clear All

• Destiny’s Children

Destiny’s Children
    By: Firebunny
    Pairing: Chlark
    Rating: PG-13
    Acknowledgements: These aren’t my characters. Smallville is owned by the CW
    You know what? I 've changed my mind. Chloe, Clark, Lex, Lois, Lana, Martha, Gabe, Jimmy, and Perry White don't belong to me. I'll agree to that. But the kids are mine, all mine (well, maybe not one of them). They are my creation and you can't have them CW and DC. Talk to my lawyers if you want to use them. Ha!

Set Up: Chloe never moved to Smallville and she and Clark never met. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have a connection.

Okay. I've moved the first installment down a little bit on this page. This story has become so freakin' long I thought it would be helpful to have a table of contents, so if people start reading it they can find the place they left off more easily. And I know if you look at the table of contents it's kind of daunting, but be aware that each chapter averages around 970 words. They're bite size, easy to swallow chapters.

Table of Contents
    1. Destiny’s Children (6 chapters)
    2. Kissing Heaven
    3. A Bad Day (2 chapters)
    4. A Worse Day
    5. Something Physical (this is an Adult chapter)
    6. A Harbinger of Things to Come
    7. Another Life
    8. Truth and Justice and a Small Town Newspaper (3 chapters)
    9. Secrets and Lies
    10. The Big Five
    11. An Important Conversation with a Five Year Old
    12. An Important Conversation with a Middle Aged Man
    13. Damn Metropolis Sharks
    14. Hello Nubby
    15. The First Day of School
    16. Nightmare (6 chapters)
    17. A Sleepless Night
    18. Safety
    19. First Day (Back) on the Job
    20. Three Attempts at a Marriage Proposal (3 chapters)
    21. More Important Conversations
    22. The Bachelor Party
    23. The Morning After the Weekend Before
    24. Pictures for the Wedding Album
    25. Honeymoon on Krypton
    26. Runaways (10 chapters)
    27. The Test
    28. Breaking the Big Story
    29. Saltines
    30. The Day the World Ended (7 chapters)
    31. Introductions
    32. Sneak
    33. Teddy Hits Puberty
    34. Kara vs. the Insect Queen
    35. The Other Child
    36. Concerns
    37. Bad Behavior (4 chapters)
    38. Dead or Alive
    39. Infidelities (9 chapters)
    40. Matinée
    41. Passing of Time
    42. Career Opportunities
    43. The Villain
    44. Pain and Suffering
    45. Strength
    46. One in a Million
    47. A Day in the Life of a Superhero (5 chapters)
    48. A Homemade Jam
    49. Kids Today
    50. Casualties of War
    51. Alchemy
    52. Problems
    53. Hearing Impaired
    54. Late Bloomer
    55. A Good Influence
    56. Unconditional Love
    57. Kisses and Revelations
    58. Keeping Secrets
    59. Fire in the Eyes
    60. A Bold Faced Lie
    61. Conquering the V.D.M.
    62. Learning the Truth
    63. Retribution (7 chapters)
    64. Reconciliation
    65. Chosen
    66. Promises in the Dark / The Secret Keeper
    67. Protecting the Helpless
    68. The Untold Story
    69. Thinking about Someone Else
    70. A Threat to the Status Quo
    71. Quiet Nights and Cold Mornings
    72. Separate Ways
    73. The Unattainable Girl
    74. Dateless
    75. Dress Shopping
    76. The Prom (4 chapters)
    77. Sunset
    78. Out There for Everyone to See
    79. Under the Surface
    80. Hesitation
    81. The Stranger's Son
    82. Handy Traits and Special Abilities
    83. Buried
    84. Breaking Up
    85. One Month Later
    86. Big Trouble (4 chapters)
    87. Team Sports (2 Chapters)
    88. Out of Focus
    89. Pen Pals
    90. Love Letters
    91. A Day Off
    92. Return to Sender
    93. Gibberish
    94. History
    95. The Sunday News
    96. Glory Hog
    97. Dinner with the Family
    98. The Love Interest
    99. A Simple Pronouncement
    100. Searching for the Nice, Sweet Part
    101. Fatherly Advice
    102. Heavy Lifting
    103. Life Changing News
    104. The Coming Storm (7 Chapters)
    105. A Memory of the Future
    106. Love and Destiny
    107. The Trials of Raising a Teenage Daughter
    108. The Trials of Being a Teenage Superhero
    109. Big Sister
    110. The Good and the Bad
    111. Destiny Awaits
    112. Rain Delay
    113. The Mule
    114. Moving Up to the Major Leagues
    115. The End of One Era, The Beginning of Another
    116. The Next Generation
    117. Freedom from the Trivial
    118. Evidence of a Crime
    119. The Long Night (4 chapters)
    120. Nothing Special
    121. Lunch Break
    122. The Solution to the Problem (3 chapters)
    123. Good News
    124. Not with a Bang, but with a Whimper
    125. High School Sweethearts
    126. A Weekend Away (5 chapters)
    127. Consequences
    128. Cravings
    129. The Whole Night
    130. The Girdle of Hippolyta
    131. This Doesn't Change Anything
    132. The Moment Forever Begins
    133. A Second Chance at a First Encounter
    134. Less than a Month
    135. No Good
    136. Shopping for the Perfect Gift
    137. Green Eyes

Next Up: I'm not sure what it'll be called.
    Last edited by Firebunny; 01-02-2009, 02:28 AM.

Hmmm, interesting!!! please continue...

Comment

Very interesting beginning.
      Teddy and Lizzie have very dark hair, huh.... I wonder, where they might get that from. Or "whom" they might get that from ;o)
      Can't wait for the Chlark!

Comment

This is interesting I wonder what has been going on?? I bet it has something to do with Luthor corp though, I mean her getting pregnant and kids with dark hair that are special sounds to me like someone is using Clark as well as Chloe. Please post more soon I am dying to find out

Comment

I like the idea, it would be interesting to know more. clark working for luther is new and chloe withe kids and no daddy is something new. please update soon!!!

Comment

I'm intrigued... PPMS./

Comment

Destiny's Children Part One

Destiny's Children
              Part One

“God, Cuz, you look awful. You sure you’re not pregnant?”

Exhausted as she is, Chloe manages to smile. It’s either that or start crying. “You know me, Lois,” she says. “Of course I’m pregnant.”

Lois’ face grows serious. “No kidding? I hope you at least had sex this time.”

“That would be normal,” Chloe says as she watches two little figures running around the playground. “Normal is so over rated.”

“You should seriously consider getting your tubes tide.”

“I would if I thought it’d make a difference.”

“At least talk to your doctor and find out why this keeps happening,” Lois says.

Chloe knows she should talk to her doctor about it, but the idea scares her. If he did believe her, which isn’t likely, then he’d want to run tests on her and her kids. She knows her children are unusual, special, but she’s afraid to find out how special they are. No, she’s afraid other people will find out how special they are. What if they want to do more tests? What if they take her children away from her? She loves Teddy and Lizzie more than everything else in the world combined. She wouldn’t be able to live without them.

Chloe decides to do what she always does, deflect the issue by making a joke of it. “It’s not like I’m the first woman to conceive without sex. It’s happened at least once before and that turned out pretty well.”

“He was tortured to death at the age of 33,” Lois says as she stretches her long legs out in front of her. “Hardly a happy ending.”

“I guess not.” If only Chloe could find her happy ending. She had thought with Teddy starting kindergarten next year that she would be able to pick up more freelance work. Then when Lizzie started school in three years Chloe would be able to go back to The Daily Planet fulltime. Now it’ll be five years before she can go back to The Planet, and that’s assuming she doesn’t keep having babies.

She can feel tears of frustration welling up in her eyes again, so she changes the subject, “What’s going on with your life? Let me live vicariously through you.”

Lois can’t contain the smile on her face. “I’m seeing someone,” she says.

Chloe sits forward. “And you kept this from me? Tell me about him.”

“He’s tall, dark and handsome.”

“I like him already.”

“He’s 28 years old, divorced, no children, and,” Lois pauses because she knows Chloe won’t like it, “he’s an executive at Luthorcorp Industries.”

“Oh, Lois, don’t get involved with anyone from that company.”

“There’s no evidence Luthorcorp is doing anything illegal.”

“If there was evidence they’d be out of business.”

Years ago Chloe interviewed Lionel Luthor. She could tell he was manipulative and devious. She started investigating and managed to uncover several suspicious leads, but nothing concrete.

“You know,” she says, “if you want to move up at The Planet, an in-depth exposé on Luthorcorp would do the trick.”

“My new boyfriend wouldn’t take that well,” Lois says. “He’d think I was dating him for information.”

“You like him a lot, huh?”

“I do.”

“So when do I get to meet him?”

Lois smiles again. “Today, actually. I invited him to stop by. I thought it would be a good idea to see how he was around children.”

“You really do like him.”

“Give it to me.” Teddy’s voice echoes across the playground.

“Mine. Mine!” his sister yells back at him.

It’s not hard for Chloe to spot her kids. None of the other children on the playground have such dark hair. Teddy and Lizzie stand over by the sandbox, fighting over a red ball.

She moves to stand up, but Lois puts and hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll take care of it,” she says. “You stay here and rest.”

Then Lois gets up and starts running towards the children. “I want that ball!” she screams. When she reaches the kids she throws herself down and starts pounding the ground with her fists.

The children giggle at her fake temper tantrum and then Teddy hands her the ball.

Chloe leans back, resting her elbows on the picnic table. She doesn’t know what she would do without Lois. The woman is a lifesaver.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe isn’t even aware she’s falling asleep until she wakes up.

She sees Lois jogging towards the sidewalk as a man gets out of a BMW.

Tall, dark and handsome is an apt description. In fact, handsome is a bit of an understatement. Even from this distance, Chloe can see how green his eyes are.

In a suit and tie he’s a bit overdressed for the playground, but as a Luthorcorp executive, he probably has to work even on a Saturday.

He kisses Lois on the cheek and she takes his hand and starts to lead him over towards Chloe.

Chloe stands up and brushes off her sweatshirt and jeans. She’s suddenly aware of how awful she must look. Her hair is unwashed and she doesn’t have a lick of make-up on. Not that she needs to look good for Lois’ boyfriend, but still, she wishes she didn’t look quite so bad.

Lois is almost skipping as she reaches the picnic table. She’s practically beaming with pride.

“Clark Kent, Chloe Sullivan,” she says as a way of introduction.

Chloe holds out her hand. “It’s nice to meet you,” she says.

Clark grips her hand and she can feel her pulse quicken. It’s strange, because she rarely has this sort of reaction to men, but when he smiles she barely remembers there’s anyone else around.

“I hope you don’t mind me barging in on your afternoon,” he says.

“Not at all,” Chloe says as she smiles back at him.

Lois grabs Clark’s hand. “Come meet the kids,” she says.

Clark lets her pull him away. He turns back to look at Chloe and shrugs. She laughs because it feels like they’re sharing a private joke.

She sits back down. She can’t explain it, but she’s actually jealous of Lois right now.

(tbc)

Two go directly to chapter two click here
              Last edited by Firebunny; 08-10-2007, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Awesome start!!!!! I also agree that this is very interesting, and I really love this idea!!!! Again Awesome job, and keep up the Awesome work!!!!! I Can't Wait for more and to see what happens, so PPMS!!!!!
                Take Care,
                Amber

Comment

Oooh..this is very intriguing and quite interesting story! I'm hooked already! PPMVS!

Comment

Very strange story. Chloe keeps getting pregnant without having sex although it's pretty obvious who the father is. I'm not sure I like the implications. But I'm curious to see where this is going. Well written!

Comment

Here's the next installment. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two

Later, Lois rejoins Chloe at the picnic table. They watch as Clark, holding Teddy and Lizzie on either shoulder, runs around the playground. The children, lying on their bellies, stretch out their arms and pretend they’re flying.

“Oh God, I hope he doesn’t trip,” Lois says.

“It’s not like the kids will get hurt,” Chloe says. Her children never get hurt. Teddy fell out of a tree once without getting so much as a scratch. “I’m more worried about what kind of damage he’d do to himself.”

But Clark seems pretty sure footed. He doesn’t even look like he’s getting tired. The guy must be in great shape. Chloe knows for a fact her children aren’t light, but Clark’s not even breaking a sweat.

“I’m starving,” Lois says.

“I have sandwich fixings in the diaper bag.”

Lois stands up and grabs the bag. “Teddy, Lizzie, Clark,” she yells. “Food!”

Immediately, Clark changes directions and starts jogging towards the picnic table.

When they’re a few feet away he puts the kids down and Lizzie bounds into her mother’s arms.

Chloe balances her daughter on her hip and spreads out a napkin in front of Teddy. Then she opens a zip lock bag and gives him some pretzels.

“Mommy,” Lizzie says. “We flied.”

“I saw,” Chloe says and hands her a pretzel.

“When I grow up,” Teddy says as he puts a pretzel in his mouth, “I’m going to fly for real.”

“Promise to take me for a ride,” Chloe laughs.

Lois is struggling to open a jar of peanut butter.

“Let me help you,” Clark says.

“No,” Lois says with a grin. “Watch this. Teddy, open the peanut butter for your Aunt Lois.”

Teddy rolls his eyes. He’s had to do this countless times before. Lois loves to show him off. Still, he takes the jar, and even though his hand isn’t big enough to reach all the way across the lid, he manages to open it.

“The boy’s got muscles,” Lois says as she dips a knife into the peanut butter and starts to spread it on a slice of bread.

Chloe never thought that peanut butter had a strong odor, but right now it’s overpowering. She can’t stomach it. She puts Lizzie down, holds the back of her hand to her mouth and swallows a couple times.

“You okay?” Clark asks.

She knows it’s obvious she’s on the verge of throwing up, but she doesn’t want to explain why. “I have a touch of a stomach virus.”

“There’s one going around,” Lois says helpfully.

“Let me drive you back to your place,” Clark says. “Lois and I will take care of the kids for you.”

“Yeah,” Lois agrees. “We’ll bring them back later. You go get some sleep.”

Sleep sounds so good. Chloe can’t possible turn them down. “Thanks,” she says and she grabs her purse.

She and Clark walk over to his car.

“Clark, Clark,” Teddy yells as he runs after them. “Don’t go.”

Clark picks Teddy up and holds him upside down. He tickles his exposed belly. Teddy laughs and squirms, but Clark never loses his grip.

“I’m coming right back,” he says.

“Promise,” Teddy says. Even though he’s giggling he’s very serious.

“I promise,” Clark says.

Chloe can’t help but notice that Teddy isn’t worried about missing her. It’s painfully obvious her son needs a man in his life.

Clark puts Teddy back down. “Make sure Lois saves me a sandwich,” he says.

“Aunt Lois,” Teddy yells and he runs back to the picnic table.

There’s a woman standing on the sidewalk not far from them. She smiles and says to Clark, “He’s your spitting image.”

Clark’s cheeks redden. “Thanks,” he says. Then he opens the car door so Chloe can slide inside.

She gives him directions to her apartment complex and Clark pulls out into the street.

“You like this neighborhood?” he asks.

“It’s nice,” she says. “It’s safe. I never thought I’d live in the suburbs, but Metropolis has become so dangerous. It’s no place to raise children.”

“The crime’s gotten pretty bad,” Clark agrees.

“I know the causes of poverty and crime are too complex to fix overnight,” Chloe says, “but I wish someone could just come in and make it better.”

“Yeah,” Clark says thoughtfully.

“Are you doing anything to make the world better?” Chloe asks. She knows she sounds a little impertinent, but that’s the reporter in her coming out.

“Oh sure,” Clark says, “through my work at Luthorcorp.”

“In my opinion Luthorcorp is part of the problem.”

“Lois told me you weren’t a fan,” Clark says. “And I think you’re partially right. But Lionel Luthor will retire soon and then his son, Lex, will take over.”

“And he’ll make it better?” Chloe asks.

“I’ve known Lex a long time,” Clark says. “He’s a good guy.”

Chloe remembers reading stories about Lex Luthor, the millionaire playboy. She’s not sure he’s that much better than his father, but she can tell Clark’s a loyal friend, so she doesn’t push it.

“Are you from Metropolis originally?” she asks.

“No, I come from a town called Smallville.”

“The meteor capital of the world.”

“You’ve heard of it?”

“I almost moved there once when I was in eighth grade.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, my father was offered a job, ironically, with Luthorcorp.”

“What happened?”

“He got a better offer.”

Clark looks over at Chloe. “Our loss,” he says and she believes he means it.

“Can I ask you a question about the meteor rocks?” she asks.

“Shoot,” he says.

“Any evidence they’re harmful to people?”

Clark doesn’t answer right away. Finally he says, “Why do you ask?”

“Lois was there for a story once and she brought me back a pin with a meteor rock in it,” she says. “It made my kids sick.”

“It did?”

“I can’t believe it wouldn’t affect other children. I mean, my kids have an immune system that could stop a bullet.”

“They do?”

“I haven’t actually tested the bullet theory,” Chloe says, “but they never get sick.”

Clark doesn’t respond and they drive for a while in silence.

“Can I ask you a personal question?” he says.

“I guess.”

“Where’s Teddy and Lizzie’s father?”

Chloe dreads these sorts of questions, but she has a stock answer she always gives. “He’s not around.”

“Not at all? He doesn’t help out with child support or anything?”

“It’s complicated,” Chloe says and she hopes the tone in her voice conveys the fact that she wants this line of questioning to end.

Clark gets the hint and for the rest of the ride neither one of them speaks.

When they get to the apartment complex Chloe immediately gets out of the car, but as soon as she does she’s hit with a wave of dizziness. She has to put her hands on the hood of the car to steady herself.

“I got you,” Clark says and he’s at her side so fast she didn’t even see him move.

He places his hand against the small of her back and guides her into the building.

Chloe can’t think of anything other than the fact that Clark is touching her. All her nerve endings seem to be concentrated in the part of her back where his hand is resting.

She wants to invite Clark into her apartment, but she’s embarrassed of the mess. Her living room is strewn with toys, there’s a sink full of dirty dishes, and her sofa is propped up at one end with telephone books. Lizzie broke the leg off the sofa last month and Chloe doesn’t have enough money to buy a new one. It’s better to leave Clark at the apartment door.

But she doesn’t. She holds the door open for him and he follows her in. Then she closes the door.

He doesn’t notice the mess. He just looks at her and she looks at him. Neither one of them speak.

Chloe doesn’t feel sick anymore, she just feels horny. It must be the hormones because she can barely control herself. She knows that if he kissed her now she would throw him down and have her way with him on the living room floor. It would be the worst thing they could possibly do. She’s pregnant and he’s dating her cousin. Still, she wants him to kiss her.

“Chloe,” he finally says.

She has to clear her throat before she can speak. “Yeah?”

“Can I take your trash out for you?”

Chloe blinks. “What?” she asks.

Clark digs his hands into his pants pockets. “Whenever my mother felt sick she always wanted the trash out of the house. I thought maybe you might feel the same.”

Chloe smiles. “That would be nice. Thanks.”

“You go get in bed,” he says. “I’ll let myself out.”

Chloe shuffles to her bedroom and kicks off her shoes.

A moment later she hears Clark say, “Feel better.”

She sticks her head out of the bedroom to say good-bye, but he’s already gone.

She stands in the doorway, not believing her eyes. The toys have been put away and the kitchen sink is empty.

“Lois, thanks again for taking care of the kids the other day,” Chloe says. She has the telephone propped between her shoulder and her ear while she folds laundry. Lizzie shoots past her legs. Teddy follows close behind. They’re both laughing at the top of their lungs and Chloe can barely hear her cousin.

“You know me,” Lois says on the other end of the phone line, “I love spending as much time with Teddy and Lizzie as I can.”

“They love it too,” Chloe says. “And they really like Clark. So do I. You have my approval.”

“Thanks,” Lois says, but her voice sounds a little depressed. “Unfortunately it doesn’t matter. We broke up.”

“Oh no,” Chloe says. She’s surprised at how upset she is by the news. She can’t believe she won’t see him again. “What happened?”

“I don’t really know,” Lois says. “We were out last night and he kept talking about you and the kids and how you should find their father and make him pay child support. He even offered to help track him down. He wouldn’t shut up about it, so I finally told him the truth.”

Even though she doesn’t want to hear the answer Chloe can’t help but ask, “What exactly did you tell him?”

“There is no father. Every two years Chloe Sullivan wakes up pregnant.”

Chloe closes her eyes and groans. It shouldn’t matter to her, but she really wanted Clark to like her. Now he probably thinks she’s insane.

“What did he say to that?” she asks.

“He dumped me.”

(tbc)

Click here to go directly to Part Three
                      Last edited by Firebunny; 06-05-2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Whoa! Stranger and stranger! Excellent update. Can't wait for more!

Comment

Wow! Great fic so far. What in the world is going on?! I hope I can remain patient enough for more!

Comment

I so LOVE this story - it's getting better and better!

Please, please update this fantastic story soon :-)

Comment

OMG!!! The story is getting better and better.
                              please update soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎