Lollie Jealousy At Long Last?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Lollie Jealousy At Long Last?

Originally posted by Kal-ed
    Actually, he did reasses, I mean, he never showed to care this much for Lois´s emotional well being. We´ve seen him save her life on many ocations, and worring about her safety, but in terms of Clark otherwise caring for Lois is new.

In Zod (hand holding) we saw he does like her (not romantically) but I saw Clark being relieved that she was ok, and was glad to see her. Then in Arrow and Rage, he went out of his way to protect her emotionally, then after the Hydro events, he regreted (in Justice) helping Ollie decieve Lois cause he saw that heartbreak coming a mile away.

So all in all, Lollie DID in fact make Clark reasses his feeling for Lois, as we have now seen they are better friends.

[

Whats to be noted, is WHY he was so keen in demonstrating it to Lois.

The answer is simple and obvious, Clark was horn-eye and with RedK he is not shy but proud of his super powers. He would have used the same tactic on anyone of about 100,000,000 girls all equal and better than lois in every way. That it was lois was a mere happenstance of aprhodisiac introducing itself to the uninhibiting influence of RedK. And as we all know, he dropped her like a hot or cold rock, your choice, for little, flat, pregnant Lana. Ain't luv grand?

And lets not forget red K Clark (as Martha confirmed for the umpteenth time) is Clark without inhibitions, Im not saying he loves Lois, but I think he finds her attractive and was slightly jealous of Lollie, but I guess its normal to be jealous of good friends of the oposite sex who are on relationships.

A nother funny thing is that Kal was so pacient with Lois, I mean she called him a geek and instead of just leaving her or insulting her, he chose to demonstrait he was far from a simpleton farmboy.

Comment

Originally posted by newfamfan
      Not so. Lois brought Ollie up in a round about way by saying that she knew she'd kissed Clark before. He was Green Arrow. Clark just told her that Ollie was GA...Lois got confused and walked to the window talking of weekend heroes..then started stating that Clark was at least normal....SO that is where Clark got all ego built up. He wasn't jealous of Lollie but didn't like being compared to Ollie at all...because we all Kal feels he is the best of all...he became cocky with the guy (can't remember name...why? EXILE) about his hired help weren't as good as him. I guess he had a thing for the mob boss too huh?
      Here's the thing. Clark spends his whole life trying to prove that he's normal to everyone, especially to Lana. Even to Chloe and Pete, his best friends. I remember him snapping at Chloe in Commencement, "So you think I'm not normal!?"

Also, isn't Lois the girl he frequently disses to her face and rags her behind her back? Isn't Lois the girl he claimed to be the bane of his existence? Isn't Lois the girl he wanted to kill in her sleep? Isn't Lois the girl whom he said he'd do anything to get rid of her? Isn't Lois the girl he claimed to be "rude, stuck up and bossy" and that he couldn't stand her at all?

So why make a complete 180 and suddenly now he wants to be seen as special in Lois' eyes? Why would he care what Lois thinks about him?

If this really has anything to do with Oliver, then I have to say it's because that he wanted Lois to look at him the way Lois looked at Oliver when they were a couple. Definitely screams jealousy to me, and your claim that Lois compared him to Oliver has nothing to back it up at all.

We've seen how Lois assured him over and over again it's okay, thank God I've finally found a normal guy, you don't have to be macho just for me, I like the dorky farmboy, your signature move of driving a tractor is adorable. So where is it exactly you see Lois comparing him to Oliver? It's Clark himself who felt inferior to Oliver and brought him up again and again, and it's Lois who kept trying to steer the focus away from the Oliver topic. She was already pissed off at the very mention of Oliver and GA anyway.

And another important thing to note, since when Kal walked up behind a girl and tried to calm her down, after she pushed him away? From what we've seen from previous RedK episodes, once a girl blows him off, he'd simply shrug it away and say "It's your loss" and go for the next girl who would fall at his feet. He definitely wouldn't stay around any longer.

I also find it's weird seeing Kal getting all pissy and sulky and somewhat hurt because of a girl. Another very OOC moment for him. Since when he does that? Like you've pointed out, it's usually just cockiness and arrogance and egotrips the whole way.

Originally posted by newfamfan

It was made very plain that Lois was a physical attraction only to Clark at this point in his life..thus the line..I like to kiss Lois...keep Chloe in my back pocket....and love Lana. That summed up how Clark views the girls. Jealousy wasn't a factor for Clark...his ego was.
      First off, it would be a very dangerous thing if someone as powerful as Clark is to put his ego as a priority, Kal of course, but never Clark Kent himself. It's ego that's definitely isn't a factor for him. And why not jealousy? He got jealous of Lana's boyfriends all the time. Not to mention his jealousy towards any suitors trying to woo Chloe and Lois as well.

And from that statement itself, it's a pretty good indication of his growing feelings for Lois. In Jimmy's own words, he's now seeing her as a girl. The looks they exchanged at the end of their loft scene also speak volumes about whatever hidden, deep-buried, microscopic-level feelings they have for each other. Of course it isn't love, nowhere near that, but it's a start.

Simply put, you can't brush away anything that happened in Crimson with regards to Clois, especially with Clark remembering every single thing that had happened between him and Lois. I initially thought it would be just another a bone-throwing episode for the Cloisers, but for me personally, there's also more to it.

TPTB has put in those significant touches here and there, even with the love potion and RedK plot devices, to differentiate Clois from the rest of the ships. To show that it's indeed the legendary love story and it is the future, even though right now we're all still stuck in the Clana/Clexana web and we'll just have to endure it till the very end of this show, because it's "the present"
      Last edited by freefall; 02-06-2007, 02:22 AM.

Comment

When Clark is on RedK he shows his powers to whomever he is confortable with or even in public, he wont tell Lana or Lex though. On RedK he doesn't want to be viewed as normal so in his mind Lois thinks that Oliver has some special ability so when she brings up the 'I'm happy to find a normal guy' Clark got a little ticked because when his on RedK he knows his the guy with 'The Powers' and his from another planet.

It seems to be a bit more of an ego thing than a jealousy thing, i mean why would you be jealous if you know you have much more special abilities and you're from another planet over a human being that has little than you, it doesn't make sense.

He hasn't splashed his face on the newspapers just yet....

Comment

Originally posted by ElVibo
          It seems to be a bit more of an ego thing than a jealousy thing, i mean why would you be jealous if you know you have much more special abilities and you're from another planet over a human being that has little than you, it doesn't make sense.

He hasn't splashed his face on the newspapers just yet....
          That's just the thing. If it's really all about his egotrip, then why didn't he just shut her up by demonstrating all of his powers right then and there in that DP newsroom. Incinerate something, froze something with his superbreath, supersped to wherever and get her chocolate covered icecream with strawberries like he did with Simone in Hypnotic, smash something with his bare hands etc etc.

Instead he chose to wait until the full moon was up in the sky, spending hours to climb up the stairs to the DP roof (since we have a major time-warp plothole here ) and chose to take her in his arms for a flight over the Metropolis night skyline instead.

And even with that kind of display of his ability, which is his rarest and most amazing one, Lois still didn't really dwell that much on it. She didn't even ask any questions or blubbered how much she's been wrong about calling him a dorky farmboy, I take back my words or make some superhero comments or whatever. All she had to say about the jump is "able to leap buildings in a single bound".

So if he was really looking for that ego stroke from Lois, he didn't get much of a dose of it anyway.

Comment

"Oliver's not even in the same LEAGUE as me"
            "More dorky than a hood and a quiver?"
            "Isn't that Olivers apartment over there?...Let's see Oliver do this"
            "He obviously wasn't THAT good'

...that pretty much sums it up. If anyone wants to argue that he was just being arrogant clark on RedK, think about this. If he JUST wanted to prove he was more than 'normal' and his abilities were simply better than Ollie's, he wouldnt have romantically flown (jumped, WHATEV) to Ollie's apartment WITH HIS EX GF in tow to prove this. He would of set something on fire with his heat vision, bent something, etc. right there in the DP office. The WAY he tried to prove he could offer more was that he was trying to ROMANTICALLY OUTDUE Oliver; not just 'ability' wise. Clark was trying to win Lois over, and prove he could offer more to her than Oliver could. RedK Clark would have NEVER put one ounce of effort into trying to 'woo' someone. He could take them or leave them. Even Lana (the love of his young life) couldnt pin him down in the least when he was hyped up on RedK. He asked her to go with him to metropolis and when she said she couldn't he basically said 'your loss babe' and took off into the sunset -without her. And when she came to retrieve him, he was just like 'whatever, hop on my harley'. THEN he ditched her for another girl who was more interested at the club. And this is the girl he tells himself he LOVES.

With Lois, the minute he thought she was thinking about Oliver again, he went above and beyond to sweep her off her feet. I think this says alot, I think it says it all actually.

Comment

Originally posted by tec611
              "Oliver's not even in the same LEAGUE as me"
              "More dorky than a hood and a quiver?"
              "Isn't that Olivers apartment over there?...Let's see Oliver do this"
              "He obviously wasn't THAT good'

...that pretty much sums it up. If anyone wants to argue that he was just being arrogant clark on RedK, think about this. If he JUST wanted to prove he was more than 'normal' and his abilities were simply better than Ollie's, he wouldnt have romantically flown (jumped, WHATEV) to Ollie's apartment WITH HIS EX GF in tow to prove this. He would of set something on fire with his heat vision, bent something, etc. right there in the DP office. The WAY he tried to prove he could offer more was that he was trying to ROMANTICALLY OUTDUE Oliver; not just 'ability' wise. Clark was trying to win Lois over, and prove he could offer more to her than Oliver could. RedK Clark would have NEVER put one ounce of effort into trying to 'woo' someone. He could take them or leave them. Even Lana (the love of his young life) couldnt pin him down in the least when he was hyped up on RedK. He asked her to go with him to metropolis and when she said she couldn't he basically said 'your loss babe' and took off into the sunset -without her. And when she came to retrieve him, he was just like 'whatever, hop on my harley'. THEN he ditched her for another girl who was more interested at the club. And this is the girl he tells himself he LOVES.

With Lois, the minute he thought she was thinking about Oliver again, he went above and beyond to sweep her off her feet. I think this says alot, I think it says it all actually.
              WORD!

Comment

Word, tec611.

Comment

He was on a one man mission to prove his masculinity and superiority to Lois. He was so crazed about he wasted in no time in showing off his powers in a very extraordinary way that we've never seen him do with the girls when he was on Red K, then he takes Lois to Oliver's apartment where I think it was obvious to everyone he was planning on making his mark on both Lois and Oliver's lounger.

That's envy.

He had no cause to be envious or jealous of Oliver except in that Lois saw Oliver as 'special' and Clark as 'normal' We know Lois wasn't that keen on Green Arrow and his deeds so that wouldn't be the cause either. He was ticked off and envious that Lois would dare to consider Oliver better than him in anyway and he couldn't have that. So he made sure to prove to Lois that he wasn't your every day ordinary farm boy.

When Lois went to the window to sulk about Oliver actually being the Green Arrow and enlisting Clark to pretend to be him and kiss Lois Clark started moving up on her, trying to make out with her again and get her interested in him instead and became more and more agitated when Lois tried to convince him that it was okay that he was normal. Normally Clark WANTS to be normal, and even on Red K he doesn't flaunt his powers unless he was using them to rob a bank (unless I'm forgetting something.) In "Crimson" not only was he unhappy with being viewed as normal, he was going to make damn sure that Lois knew he wasn't.

"Oliver's not even in the same league as me."

"I think it's time you saw the REAL Clark Kent."

"Let's see Oliver do this."

"Ya know, the last time I was here I was with a good friend of yours." ~ Lois
                  "Apparently not that good."~ Clark

That last line didn't even have anything to do with Oliver's talents or hero status, but instead it was about his being or not being a good make out partner and Clark is basically saying he's better in that aspect as well and then rips his shirt off (I'm sure the ladies loved that ) and then ripped Lois shirt open and got ready to give her what my friend Paul would call a "right good one"

Envy and a male need to prove his alpha status with a viable female.

Envy: Painful and/or resentful feelings towards another's advantages or possessions

Resentful: Feeling indignant displeasure and ill will towards something regarding as insulting.

I don't think it can be said that Clark wasn't acting resentful, indignant and insulted, because to me he very much was. All those put together lead me to . . ..envy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                    And Kal doesnt waste his time proving his masculinity, he insults the girl and moves on to the next, yet he took Lois calling him a geek with a grain of salt, something very OOC for Kal, and why didnt he call himself Kal btw???
                    I wasn't aware that Red K turned Clark into Kal-el....I thought he remained Clark but with his inhibitions stripped away. Am I wrong? Does it turn him into the person he was in Crusade--Kal-el?

Comment

I just want to point out that Lois Lane did not know Oliver was Green Arrow. So, Clark must have felt envy towards the romantic feelings of Lois towards Ollie. If he hadn't told her GA was Olliver, than Lois would have assumed Clark is GA judging by that kiss. So, Clark didn't need to prove anything to her at that point.

Than he told her about Olliver and got a little jealous. Not full blown Lana jealousy, just a little tug at his heart or "loins" jealousy. It's a start.

Plus, he barely acted like he was on Red K, untill that dinner party. He was way to gentle and affectionate for a Red K Clark. The cuddling from behind, the jump/flight (soooo iconic by the way, I was jumping out of my seat when I saw it), and than the persistant jabs at Ollie.

He was never jealous of the guys Chloe made out with in "Rush", nor did he himself reveal his powers to her like he did with Lois. With Alicia, he looked possesed, and didn't he even ditch Lana herself in a club when a more willing girl stepped into the picture?

Let's recap:

Chloe he just makes out with like crazy, but there is no affection, no tenderness it is full blown Red K Clark hormones raging.

Lana, the pink princess herself, he ditches for some hot piece of you know what that he just met. Isn't he supposed to show his reall raw feelings on Red K? And he ditches Lanan???? The Lana!!!

Lois, he is affectionate with, shows her his powers in a romantic fashion, shows jealousy towards an ex-boyfriend and ditches her for the girl he is OBSESSED over, but doesn't dispute the fact that Lois is his future. Hmmm...

Who won?

Answer: Clark. LoL.

Comment

You know..it makes me laugh , the whole he ditched lois for lana thing ....cause everytime ck is on red k he never tells lana the truth ...he's never cushy with her ......when he was on red k in crimson ..for the first time he didn't act cocky ( for a moment anyway)

...when they where in the office he genually cared about her ,.,also he didn't have to craddle her the way he did but yet he did it and looked more than comfotable doing so ....he showed her his powers ........also that moment ya know the whole ..
                        " lana's your past . im your future"

im curious as to why he didn't dismiss this .........

so yeah da boy is jealous ....of when lois is with other men ,.....i mean come on ..he finds an excuse to not like every guy she's with ...oh im sooo looking forward to his reaction to grant and lex , next year

Comment

Clark was jealous...the way he was talking bad about Oliver...Damn he was sure very sexy(Oliver)

Comment

also saw a glimpse of jealousy in his face during Hydro when Lois says she thinks she's in love with Oliver

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by seacrystal
                            Lois was already pissed off with the mention of GA and Oliver anyway, she closed that topic already. Then when she said she's finally happy she has found a normal guy, Clark had to be the one to bring up the O word again. For what? And since when he cared what Lois thought about him anyway?
                            lol exactly!

meaning he probably has always cared about what she has thought about him. Just when his inhibitions are there you dont see it so much
                            Last edited by DontCha; 04-16-2008, 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Clark doesn't care about Lois yet

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎