Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Originally posted by margroks
    [B]THis is a retcon because previously there was no indication humans were affected by Red K. The entire school wore those rings, Chloe and Pete both held a big hunk of the red meteor rock and no one went nuts, only Clark. ANd it was so gross to let us know Lois stuck her tongue down his throat and that's how he got internally infected. Could have just said it stuck to his lips and he swallowed; needlessly gross.

ummmm, Lois wasn't affected by the red K. The red K just gave the lipstick it's colour. Lois was affected by the combo of whatever aphrodesiacs (sorry bout the sp), that the vendor woman put in the lipstick. It was a love potion- that made Lois all loopy and inlove with the first person she saw after she put it on. Because Clark is an alien, the aphrodesiac didn't affect him, so he didn't fall inlove, but the red k did affect him, which affected his ambitions. 2 different effects on 2 different life forms.

Comment

maybe the oils and stuff mixed with Red K made it affect Lois and then just the Red K got into Clark.

As for Clarks powers, I don't believe that Lois just forgot about them. I also don't believe that Clark wouldn't have shown lana immediately. Also didn't clark throw lex across the room and through a garage door in front of her? If she doesnt figure it out now she's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
        THis is a retcon because previously there was no indication humans were affected by Red K. The entire school wore those rings, Chloe and Pete both held a big hunk of the red meteor rock and no one went nuts, only Clark.
        No, the lipstick is - "made with jasmine and a mix of aphrodisiac oils. I get the brilliant hue from red meteor rocks."
        So Lois was affected by the oils (and maybe the jasmine?) while Clark was only affected by the red K, and only after it was ON his skin, ie when he was kissed by Lois.
        This, of course, doesn't explain why the Green K would have removed the effect on Lois, nor why it made her forget everything. Maybe she really didn't forget, but is a great actor? (Lois, not Erica D, I mean).
        Jen (newbie here from Oz)

Comment

Originally posted by sonofkrypton
          Here's a plot hole I didn't notice discussed... how did the vendor know Clark's name? I mean, I know it is 2007 and some things don't need explaining but they never showed her listening in when Lois mentioned Clark's name after putting on the Red K lipstick.
          Didn't Lois, still standing in front of the vendor, say Clark's name as she looked directly at him? That's how I thought the vendor knew his name.

Also, if you replay the scene, Jimmy and Chloe had to be standing right in front of the vendor's booth when they were discussing Lois and Clark having chemistry....they were behind Lois and Clark and slightly to their right, which is where the vendor's booth was revealed to be a few minutes later.
          Last edited by SVFan7337; 02-03-2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
            Yes, but I think the difference here is that the RedK was absorbed through the lips, similar to GreenK in that it must be taken internally before there is any effect.

Well, we wouldn't have a story if she did that. Besides, it's Lois. When does she ever listen to anyone?
            i thought the lipstick had aphrodisiac anyway. the lady never said it got it's power from redk. she said it get's it's color from redk.

Comment

In response to a few questions in this thread, I believe people are curious how Clark took Lana to the barn because it seems implausible that he would not have used some of his powers to get her there, but that is never mentioned. He was on Red K, so why would he drive when he could just fly/hop or superspeed on over there? He clearly did not use his powers (at least not in a noticeable way), or Lana would have focused on that, rather than the screwdriver. I think they should have come up with some explanation for Clark not using his powers to get to the barn. Also, why would Clark not "show off" his powers to Lana the same way he did to Lois? Does not make sense to me. Good episode, though.

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
                THis is a retcon because previously there was no indication humans were affected by Red K.
                I don't think it was supposed to be the red K that affected her. Remember the lady said it was made up of aphrodisiacs and she used the red K for the color.

That would explain the love part, but not the forgetting.

Comment

The chisel or whatever tool it was should not have been bent simply due to Lex trying to stab Clark with it. For it to deform so much requires not just the fact that it's being thrust into something harder than it (like Clark) -- it also would require a great deal more strength than Lex has.

Comment

From the way it was bent, I believe Clark grabbed it and squeezed. If you look at the bent areas, it looks more like fingers wrapped around it.

Comment

Yea, I don't know about Clark bending the tool by squeezing it, but that would be the only physical way it could have happened. He would have had to have done it very quickly though, because Martha weakened him less than a second after Lex thought he stabbed Clark - but its possible I suppose.

As for whether the RedK affected Lois or whether it was just the aphrodisiacs: My opinion is that the Lipstick Lady found a way to manipulate the properties of the RedK and mix them with jasmine and other things in order to produce the desired effect. Using a radioactive rock for coloring makes no sense. I think she just said that so she wouldn't give away the true secret of how it works while still informing her client of its contents (either way the FDA should check her out lol). This is NOT a RETCON since it is not the RedK in its pure form, rather a manipulated version mixed with other materials that affects Lois. This explains why it did not affect people in the past and yet why the solution was made of GreenK.

Comment

Did they expressly state the antidote perfume was green K, or is that an assumption based on the color?

Typically in Red K eps. Green K's only role is to tame Clark when he goes on his 'drug' fueled bender.

Comment

They actually did say that the green spray was made with the green meteor rock.

Comment

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? CLARK!! Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

OMG!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
                            I was wondering the same thing! "Did he DRAG her all the way there?!?" I'm amazed he can put up with her for that long, because you KNOW she was blabbing the whole way there.
                            YES! she kept asking are we there yet?
                            Last edited by FULLMETALMARTA; 02-22-2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

The only REAL mistake i found in 'Crimson' was that high-waisted skirt chloe was wearing at the DP. The girl is sexy no matter what she's wearing, but c'mon!!!

Comment

crimson

When ever he has been on Red K he has rode the motorcycle.

another thing that has bothered me is the way Lois just let Clark and Lana leave together. Then she was stuffing her face full of cake saying what has Lana have that I don't
                                She just rolled over the Lois I know know the General's Daughter would of fought for her man. I could just see her going after Clark and saying "No you just didn't dump me" Lana, you had your chance Clark is mine now, You have your Sugar Daddy"

Why didn't Chloe try to comfort Lois she is her cousin, she could of kept her occupied while Jimmy spayed her.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎