Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate this Episode: Loved it? Hated it? You decide.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed the episode. At the time the episode aired, Clark's faced some hard times:

- The end of his friendship with Lex.
    - Jonathan's Death.
    - His guilt of releasing the Phantom Zone criminals.
    - Lana's engagement to Lex.

So it's natural and understandable that he was in a less uplifting mood. Just the same, Red K or not, it was a bit refreshing to see Clark in a more cheerful (even if morbid) mood.

Plus, I get a good laugh at Clark clarifying that he's not Green Arrow, only to get defensive when Lois labels him as a normal guy.

Comment

• "I AM NOT DONE YET!" Clark
      "Lana is the past, Im your future." Lois
      "This is the present." Clark

This episode had so many good quotes. It explained Clark's feelings towards the women in his life very well. This is I think the first time something good came out of Red Kryptonite. "Crimson" was the bomb!

What really gives this episode a 9 is besides Lana getting closer to the secret Clark has been keeping from her for so many years...it's Lois. Every scene with her.

She is so out of character but still there are the little things like the Whitesnake cd. Also getting a tattoo (fake but still) on your boob was so hilarious. Was so funny 'cos Clark can face life-threatening situations and not flinch one bit "Combat" anyone? But when it comes to agressive women he is quite lost

Clark exposing his secret 'cos of machoing around was also cool and the scene where he jumps with Lois was amazing. I also like that even though under a drug they both can be reasonable (Lois worrying about Oliver after finding out he is GA. Clark works out a plan to crash the engagement party over banging hot Lois...ehm bad priorities really but hey it was entertaining :P)

The reason I like Smallville's Jimmy Olsen is that even though he is a bit dorky and naive he isn't stupid and saw the chemistry between Clark and Lois, while Chloe adds that some chemistry can get explosive results. Point is Jimmy has an eye for these kinds of things. I love how he find out Clark's secret ("Identity") in S8 and still tried to hook Clark and Lois together in "Bride."

Plus you gotta love Lois telling CK she would have been the highlight of his life if they'd had sex

Comment

• I haven't been all impressed with season 6 so far, but this episode was real cool. Starts out funny and man Erica is rocks, but then turns serious and love Clark finally lashing out on Martha. The fight near the end was great too! =)

Comment

• Clois was the best haha, really well written. The hot fudge and halibut bit
          Couldn't care for the rest of it though. Clark breaks in where he isn't invited (not like he needed red k to do that anyway) assualts Lana, forces himself on her, assaults Lex and everyone just goes merrily back to their lives like the worst part about the dinner was the food ... And why would Lois lose her memory. I just have to remember to fast forward these clana parts from now on till they end..

Honestly, the writers could have accomplished Clark opening the eyes of everyone without using red k and making him look like an idiot. Not only would it be in better taste, but it would have been a huge boost to Clark's character development as kind hearted farmboy who eventually learns to put his foot down when he sees his friends are following the wrong paths in their lives. They also wouldn't have to show Clark feeling guilty afterwards, something we see too often. This episode was pivitol in Clark's progression as a character and it was executed in a way that prevented it.
          Last edited by hadezown; 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• I both love and hate this episode. The Clois in this episode seemed forced since both were OoC. I prefer gradual Clois. And once again, Clexana triangle is the focus of this episode.....at least it got Clark to open up about his feelings for Lana and Lana opened about her feelings for Clark. I did love the moment Lana picked up the bent chisel. That was good forshadowing for what was coming up.

I don't love or hate this episode, I'm kinda in the middle but it did have it's good moments....

7 out of 10

Comment

• 3 good episodes in a row! Justice, Labyrinth and Crimson. Crimson is my favorite of the three, with Labyrinth being a close second.

I don't get how Lois lost her memory after being sprayed with the green stuff. That's just too convenient for me. Plus, Lionel wasn't at the party to see Kal. For that, I gave this episode a 9 instead of a 10.

Comment

• I like that Lois got the lipstick from a lady named "Star" (nice little L&C easter egg).

Lois gets affected by red K. This is the only episode, that shows red K affecting a human. Though, this is understandable, as what more can you do with red K? Originally, in the comics, red K caused random mutations in Kryptonians. However, on SV, it just removed their inhibitions, while green K was shown to cause random mutations in humans. So, there's more story potential with green K, than red K. Especially as this episode shows red K largely affecting humans the same way as Kryptonians (only that humans suffer from memory loss afterwards). Furthermore, past episodes establishes that Clark essentially have to wear red K, for it to affect him (suggesting that there's a different type of radiation coming from red K, than green K) and Lois have to use it as a lipstick, to be affected. So, a person can't be affected by simply being near red K. It would have to make physical contact with the victim or be in their system. You'd then need to motivate how all the people affected by red K got it in their system.

I'm okay with Lois loosing her memories. Before this, we had only seen red K affect Clark (a Kryptonian) and there are no more episodes with red K infected humans. So, there is no contradiction that red K's effects on the human brain causes loss of memory.

It's a shame that the bowtie that Chloe gave Jimmy wasn't the same that his young brother later wears. Would've been a nice little detail.

Lana insists that Clark rips it all away from her, when she has a chance to be happy. I can kinda see her side of it. But, at the same time, whenever she tries to date anyone else (ex. Ian Randall, Seth Nelson, Adam Knight, Jason Teague and now Lex), they end up being evil and Clark frequently end up having to come and save her. So, her inability to be happy comes more from terrible choices in boyfriends, then Clark messing with her life. And her insistence to remain in Smallville, a town she once wanted to leave. Seriously, the town has brought her little more than misery. Her parents were killed, right in front of her, when she was little. Then you have all the people who've tried to kill her or hurt her in some way over the years. Is there one part of the town, where she didn't have a bad experience? Now, simply moving away from a place, doesn't always make your problems go away (as it's not always the location, it's you who cause the problems. So, the problems with be there, wherever you go). But, in her case, moving away from this town would help.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎