Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.13 - Houses of the Holy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

aww, poor Sam, having to learn about unicorns the hard way ..

kool epicode, the plot was pretty good.

The church scared me alot though, it looked like the one i go to, and we just lost on of our prests. but i knew the guy, he wasn't the type to go all vengful.

"dude, you are enjoying that way to much"

Comment

Dean continues to amuse me to no end. How would I live without this show?

What I like about this episode is that it does introduce the possibility of there being a new kind of supernatural force. If the existance of demons makes sense, then why not angels, right?
      I also have a feeling this is helping build us up to the 'war'. To all battles there must be two sides, and I don't think it will just be humans vs. evil.

Comment

Best line of the episode [paraphrasing];

"Well, that'll teach ya that you should take down your Christmas decorations before New Years... or you'll get fileted by a whore sent from God."

I really liked how they showed that while Sam loves his brother and knows he's doing his best to keep Sam from turning evil, he still hoped there was a higher power out there to help out as well.

And then Dean admitting that maybe there is a higher power, seeing the amazing luck of how the rod fell off the truck, bounced a couple times, and speared the bad guy to his car seat.

Really was an emotional episode more than anything else. Good one too.

Comment

This epi. had frickin' funny lines in it!

"Wait, there's no such things as unicorns?!"

"Bring any quarters?" (with a hopeful look on his face)

"Unicorns shoot rainbows out their ass"

I thought this epi. had good points in it.
          It showed that Sam had faith and it also showed how Dean felt about having faith when he told Sam about what his mom had told him before she died

The war is just getting started, I don't think we've really seen anything yet. More like little appetizers (sp?) to get our tastebuds ready for whatever is going to happen.

Can't wait till next week

Comment

pretty good episode, showed us where the boys stood on faith and shows that they want 'more' help.

next week... is going to be... AWESOME !!!!!
            i was gasping for air after the preview, i couldnt breathe. they'res seriously something wrong with me that i get this excited and out of breath for a tv show. but i dont care !!

'dude, you're enjoying that way too much !'

'yeah, and unicorns shoot rainbows outta their ass'
            'wait, theres no such thing as unicorns???!'

'bring any quarters?'

Comment

I thought it was interesting how the priest's Last Rites ritual worked. Although I don't know if that's the official Catholic one.

It might have been just because the sprit accepted his fate or something. On supernatural they sort of hint at Catholic ceremonies working, but for different reasons other than God, like it's magic or something.

Comment

Ya i dont think they want to get into full religion stuff cause of people getting mad about it. So thats probably more why it was magical then biblical. normally supernatural uses true myths and stuff like that so the last rites ritual could have been real to a point but not something commonly used. I dont really know religious stuff that much in depth so i cant give really give a factual repsonse to it. more into the spiritual mythical stuff.

I like how they brought in God as something that is looking out for people and not just as something that is based on religion. It gave dean a reason to find some good in life. I still think Sam will believe which may help him in the future but he is just disapointed cause a lot of the stuff he once knew is turning out to be something he doesnt want. Like finding out he may become evil and thinking that angels dont exsist cause he was so postive that guy was one.

Comment

Anyone know what song Dean was listening to on his headphones?

Comment

Ok, for once i'm no behind on the episodes. Just saw it, and it was a great episode, i especially love the end scene and how role change with Sam and Dean, also love Knockin on Heaven's Door being played in the background, i love that song.

However I gotta say, if there's anymore angst in this show i think i might just die from it. I saw it just after Night Shifter and now I'm going OMG! Someone give me something happy now please!!! I NEED to feel happy again!

That said, has anyone ever managed to come up with a de-angsting method for post angsty TV show viewing? Cause i'm gonna seriously need one. Most likely for after every episode of supernatural.

Also, love the little cracks in the begining with the unicorn and the bed. I also really hope superhippie's right that they don't go any deeper into religious stuff cause i for one would be very inclined to not watch it... i'll probably still watch cause i'm obsseesed and nuts and the thought of not seeing every single episode of superntural that exists or will exists drives me insane, but it'll make me extremely uncomfortable. Actually this episode made me uncomfortable too, just not enough to not watch it, and it is a good episode.

Comment

The episode was good, I liked Dean explaining why he didn't believe in higher powers, and the pole through the guy was even more amazing because it was right through the heart.

Comment

Lol, I've found that funny because when it went through the guy's heart Dean was like Wow, that's god's will, but then if it was in Smallville that would just be an everyday occurance. Whatever freak of the week clark was fighting, they do have a tendency to die freakishly without clark actually killing them with his own hands.

Comment

I agree with the above on the placement of "Knocking on Heaven's Door" in this episode.

Supernatural has given me 3 songs that I listen to quite a bit now, past songs that were used during an episode;

"Carry On My Wayward Son" - Kansas; used in the opening of last season's Salvation

"Bad Moon Rising" - Credence Clearwater Revival; used at the ending of last season's finale, Devil's Trap

"Knocking on Heaven's Door" - Bob Dylan; used in the ending scene between Dean and Sam, in Houses of the Holy

And I think that what most turned me on to the songs, was not the songs just by themselves, but the placement of the songs in the episodes they were in. Unbelievably perfect placement and mood-setting times to be used. Ultra-props to the person/people responsible for those decisions.

Comment

"Knocking on Heaven's Door" was good, but I could also have seen Neil Young's "Helpless" being used there too.

I rewatched the episode yesterday when it aired on a local station. It struck me as funny when Sam was like "OMGWTF" when he was in the church crypt and the stone angel started shaking. Just because he's seen things a lot stranger, I dunno

I can't wait to buy this season on DVD.

Comment

yeah, season 2 on DVD is gonna be awsome. long as they remember the bloopers

yeah, i wonderd why he got all "WTF" at the stone angel. i would have been like "DEAN!!! GET YOUR FAT UNBELIEVIN" A$$ OVER HERE!!!!"

Comment

Apparently I am in the minority here because except for the whole opening stuff with Dean and Sam and the bed and the unicorns I thought this episode was pretty boring, predictable and lame.

But first let me get this out of the way:
                                Sam looked so adorably hot in those white scrubs!!!!

*coughs* ok, hormonal moment over. *coughs again*

It was obvious from the get go that:
                                1.) it was not going to be a real angel
                                2.) Sam was going to end up seeing said 'angel'
                                3.) Sam would once again do the emo trying to be good cause my destiny says I'll be bad redepmtion thing, which I am already SO TIRED of.
                                4.) Dean would not believe and it would be tied to Mama Winchester's death (although that bit about her last words to him was new and creative and clever. We don't get enough mention of Mama Winchester to my mind. We know so little about her. At least she gets mentioned more often than Lara on Smallville! )
                                5.) Sam would have a crisis of faith.
                                6.) Dean would be 'touched by an angel' or have a bit of a turnabout on his skepticism.

I spent most of the episode going "called it". It bored me. That has never happened to me watching Supernatural before. I pray (heh) it never happens again.

Oh and one other thing bugged me.
                                The boys know a LOT about demons right? So they should know a lot about the other side, shouldn't they? Certainly Sam should have already known all that stuff about Michael and that humans cannot be angels.

It just...wasn't a good episode to me (and I went in with low expectations--it seemed too much like Faith from Season 1, which I didn't like [and did you notice that we seem to have this new arrangement of doing one 'spiritual' episode per season? I'm not saying it's bad, just interesting pattern.]).

I wasn't that fond of Night Shifter either but this one....this one was saved only by Dean and Sam's quips (and, ahem, Sam in those white scrubs!).

Oh and "Roma Downey made him do it" so goes into the favorite quotes thread!
                                Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 02-03-2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎